January 5th, 2008

Big New Hampshire crowds for Obama

ALT TEXT

CNN’s Chris Welch reports that as many as 2,000 people crowded into a gym with a capacity of 1,550 to hear Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama Saturday morning in Nashua, New Hampshire. Around 1,000 others were sent to a smaller, overflow gym on-site. (Photo credit: AP)

Related video: 'Obamamania' in New Hampshire

1. concerned citizen, Mesa, Arizona

If Hillary loses the nomination she has class will continue to be a public servant serving New York. If Obama loses how long do you think he will continue serving in Senate before he leaves public service for private sector to make money. Just they way him and his wife talked about not running for president again if he loses I predict he will not run in Illinois again.

January 6, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  2. Teresa, Kansas

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am tired of Hilary taking "experience" credit for things that her husband did during his presidency.

OBAMA 2008!!!!!

January 6, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  3. Adriaan Hunter

Mr. Obama does not answer the important questions. He is all about himself and offers little substance and proof of what he has done for our country. What happened to experience for the most important job in the world?? Think before you vote!!

January 6, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  4. Jeremy

I've changed my position. Hilliary is just too evil.

January 6, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  5. Jeremy

We can all agree that no candidate is particularly superior in all respects and that each has a big task ahead of them. Having said that- one thing- and one thing only is important at this moment, which we can't fail to recognize- and that is that we need someone in the White House- willing to acknowledge that Americans don't exist for government, but government for Americans. No one has made that case as convincingly as Obama.
    Now, either way you look at it, all these men and women on the stage will forget you once there in power (that has always been the case)- but at least with Obama- I'm a factor (or at least he makes me feel like one) for the moment. That's one essential element entirely absent from the Republican Party now and for the past 8 years.
    I'd bank on one Harvard Graduate who is optimistic; willing to implore the word "hope and change"; and recognizes he's not fully capable of meeting these grave challenges alone. So in short, I'm voting for Barrack Obama and not some entrenched power hungry (Clinton Dynasty) or any Republican War-monger.

p.s Keep in mind that even prior to running for office Obama wrote "The Audacity of Hope," so no one can claim he has a clever campaign gimmick which is momentarily work. He actually believes in what he is saying. If you ever wrote a lengthy book, you would realize the impossibility it being otherwise.

January 6, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  6. Lloyd Allahar

Obama; finally another JFK has come alive to unite the country and bring us back as the world leader. What else can I say, expect let us keep supporting him.

January 6, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  7. Jeremy

Experience in our day can be correlated with corruption. Has any invested Bill and Hillary's financial deals? Too many people commit suicide around this couple- it makes me nervous... honestly check out the Youtube special.

January 6, 2008 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  8. Joe

Jeremy, you have convinced me Obama is the greatest advocate for change. Now tell me what he will change and how?

January 6, 2008 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  9. KA, Delaware

Go Obama, you will be our next president. We love you. Do not reply to Hillary's negative ans senseless critics! Stay strong! We do need a real/profound change in the US not the status quo that Hillary caries for the past 35 years of her political career. All for Obama 08!

January 6, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  10. doro, USA

"....I ask all of you Obama supporters only one question: If you have a deadly disease that is very hard to manage and treat, and if left untreated will kill you, would you go to a physician who just graduated from Harvard or some other top University, or would you go to a physician who has a degree from a top school and also years of experience with treating various cases and would know better what might work or not work in your case?...." FRANK

Frank,
    We are not treating a deadly disease, we are choosing a president of the United States. Take a good look at the people in the highest positions, past and present, in the current administration; they are long in experience. What does the vast majority of Americans think about their domestic and foreign policies?

Obama, if elected would make a highly effective leader in America and the world.

January 6, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  11. Tlc

Joe.

If you read The Audacity of Hope you'll get your answer.

January 7, 2008 03:30 am at 3:30 am |
  12. Gane

Senator Edwards, I would NOT vote for you because you are making your case only on of the expense of Hilary Clinton.

Gentleman?! What is it? On the debate you ware like a Hyena over her, before her suit... Is that a simple jealousy lire most of American women (surprise for me, even Pakistanis are more advance in this meter and Bhutto was killed from her enemies).

Second, do you deny that "Clinton's machine" work peaty well for americans for 8 years ?

It is partly your fault. Why didn't you win the Election in 2000? Now you are blaming Hilary that America is really in a big ...

You still play your ego agenda, Sur! Obama will be chewed and spit from Republicans, because he has not very much to offer then word "Change" (He sounds to me like those communist leaders who had been feeding the people only with nice word and hopes of future almost heavenly life; UTOPIA, eh , worked for some period).

Americans , please, just do not compare him with JFK.

If you really are talking from your heard, it is not late you to make some REAL CHANGE- make sure Democrat to be in the Oval office this time even that is not you.

As I rite on a CNN goes a Braking New about Iranians? I imagine Senator Obama in the Oval office with pence full of..

Wake up Americans, it is very serious , do not blow it again!

January 7, 2008 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  13. Festus N.

There is undoubtedly, a strong wind of change now sweeping across the nation and it is, "Obamania". Everyone is caught up in it....Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Dependents...you name it!

January 7, 2008 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  14. AJ; Montpelier, VT

Just an example of what sheep the American people really are. Well if he won in Iowa.....

January 7, 2008 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  15. leonaserenity@aol.com

I think it is important to understand, that we are in the fight for our country. Clinton has been around for 35 years of coruption, corporate scandals etc. She has been apart of of going to War and did not fight against or investigate Pres Bush reasonings. I feel Obama is more down to earth like us. He is fresh, and He has a broad and open mind. He has the ability to talk with others and other countries will accept someone new in that seat instead of the same old stuff as years past. I think the character of this man has not been ruin by Corp buy off. And he knows:

Family because he has family.
    Proverty because he has lived in it.
    He also know what it is like to live in a 3rd world country.

We need a new face, a new hope. I trust Obama. I am voting for Obama. I want you to know alot of my friends are also.

OBAMA ! OBAMA! OBAMA!!

January 8, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  16. Iowan

Obama not only bussed people in for the JJ dinner (which is fine), but he also bussed in Illinoians to caucus in Iowa. I was there and I saw it. He took advantage of the chaotic caucus system and manipulated it for a false outcome. Disgraceful. I liked him quite a bit before I attended my local caucus, but I can't support a candidate who cheats. That's how we got Bush, remember?

Hillary 2008!!!!