January 5th, 2008

Big New Hampshire crowds for Obama

ALT TEXT

CNN’s Chris Welch reports that as many as 2,000 people crowded into a gym with a capacity of 1,550 to hear Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama Saturday morning in Nashua, New Hampshire. Around 1,000 others were sent to a smaller, overflow gym on-site. (Photo credit: AP)

Related video: 'Obamamania' in New Hampshire

1. EE

This guy seems unstoppable. Incredible for a meeting that was hastily arranged

January 5, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  2. stan pitts pa

yeah sure try to blame the candidate, when obama and edwards were booed at the debate, did hillary do anything to stop them?? No she didnt, when the tables turn she cries foul!! obama and edwards did not cry out, they stood and took it like men, hillary goes home crying to bill, folks we need a better person for president, she is weak and besides we have had enough of the bush-clinton-bush monarchy, this is a democracy and so far its working lets encourage the momentum and take our govt back from people like hrc who think, the presidency is her birth right! obama 08!

January 5, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  3. Ito, Yokosuka Japan

Ha....

HRC booed by Democrats in NH (http://newsmax.com/insidecover/Democrats_Boo_Hillary/2008/01/05/61984.html). Let's hope this translates into a win for Obama. This lady needs to be booed right out of the race for 2008.

Say no to four years of division and blame-gaming. Say no to four more years of politics and usual and grandstanding. Say no to four more years of scandles and unreleased records. Say no to four more years of secrecy, cronies, and thugs. Say no to four more years of broken promines. Say no to four more years of lies and deceitfulness. Say no to four years of cold, calculating, and deviousness. Say no to HRC. Boo her out of the race and just say no.

Say yes to Obama in 2008 and say yes to honesty and change we can believe in. Good luck Obama. God bless and God speed. I hope NH will do the right thing and vote for truth.

January 5, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  4. Jennifer B

He most likely bussed them in like he did here in iowa. At the Jefferson Jackson dinner he had Bussed in 4 buses from Chicago to make it looked like he had more peopel there. DO NOT TRUST OBAMA.

January 5, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  5. Jennifer B

Only becasue the buses follow him around to fill seats.

January 5, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  6. Jennifer B

I had chance to met him he would not take a picture with our 7 year old who had hillary sticker and edwards sticker on. He would not sign autograph unless was his book. This was back in september and thats when I knew he was not the one for me.

January 5, 2008 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  7. Lorraine

I believe that Barak Obama is just the breath of fresh air, that all Americans need! CHANGE is the issue....and, what we need....major CHANGE. Not use a clean-up, nor a modification..........but total CHANGE!

January 5, 2008 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  8. Dave Ca

Obama is all smoke and mirrors. From the rally crowds lured in by the opportunity to see Oprah, to the loads of screaming collage students he buses in for his events, to his polished, empty speeches that whip crowds into frenzies! Be careful, voters, this happened in Europe in the 1930's with disastrous results for the world.

January 5, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  9. betty

A vote for obama is a vote for terror and commuism in america.Weare voting for the president of the United States of america not the Beta club.He is a muslin not a born American.

January 5, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  10. Tyrone

Hillary has Fallen and Can't get up.

The WHALES (White Homosexual And Liberal Elites) supporting Hillary are the best spin doctors next to Grampa Bill.

Grandma Hillary has a chip on her sholder, Bill will probabaly divorce her next year.

The Hill Billy CLINTON'S have EMBARASSED AMERICA LONG ENOUGH.

January 5, 2008 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  11. Jr., California

......CAN YOU SMELL.......WHAT BAROCK IS COOKIN...............

January 5, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  12. Tyrone

Hillary is out of it,

She is so ready to lead, America is so read not to Follow.

Mitt Romeny and Obama seem to have the MO, while Hillary has the Ho MOs

I hope we don't have to listen to Hillary anymore.

January 5, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  13. Lisa Salt Lake City UT

We love Obama!

January 5, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  14. Lisa Hampton Newark, NJ

Lets keep it real. Just stick a fork in it because Hillary is done. Obama is a once in a lifetime thing. This is his time.

January 5, 2008 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  15. wange

jennifer b-did he bus the iowa voters too.pse respond.for me the biggest thing is being able to energise the youthful vote and make them interested.that is special

January 5, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  16. Jimmy Frank Carter

I tried to listen to sen.Clinton,she suggests that democrats have to go after Republicans.she blames Bush for using fear to win but at the same time She says sooner we will have recession and she needs to win to clean the bush's messy at white house as her husband cleaned after bush Senior.I dont know why sen.Clinton loves to divide Americans.I think Hillary will win nomination but it will be bitter election because she wont get votes from Republicans or independents.The thing which ruins Hillary is to bring Bill to her campaign because people still remember the fights of 90s and all scandles at white house.I hope it will be Huckabee v.Clinton and am sure Huckabee will have landslide victory.

January 5, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  17. Bob

I attended the JJ dinner in Des Moines and yes Barak may have bussed some kids in but so what. He spoke last and gave the most inspirational speech I have seen in my life. His enthused out of state workers helped Iowa precinct captains at the polls as did those from other campaigns. But they were courteous and obeyed the rules. They did not vote. Iowans like myself voted for Barak and it was a very easy choice. On to New Hampshire and the White House

January 5, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  18. art

The question to ask is: Is Obama going to win against a Republican candidate? The answer is NO – he is way too liberal (his record in Illinois Legislature clearly indicates that).

We need to be realistic – he talks about the change as if "using a magic wand and everything will be OK". That will be not the case due to the composition of the Congress.

The last point I would like to make" Is fascinating how nowone mentions that to win the nomination, one needs over 2000 delegates. As of today, HC has 162 and Obama 67. So, even if he wins, NH and SC, one cannot say he will be the nominee for sure. I beleive that the nomination will be determined on Feb 5th.

January 5, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  19. Eric, California

I like Obama, and will support him if Edwards drops out. But I do not think it is fair what the media is doing to John Edwards. I thought it was bad before the caucuses when they were basically discounting him, but it got worse after his second place finish in Iowa. Last time I remember he was supposed to be a non-factor, but he edged out the "inevitable" Clinton. Doesn't that deserve some media attention? The media still talks about Hillary vs. Obama, and nothing else.

What do you think about an Obama/Edwards ticket? Is there any possibility?

January 5, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  20. Wall

I am amazed at how mindless so many are just grasping at someone because they say they represent change – I am willing to listen to Obama and admittedly am excited by the possibility of breaking the caucasion-male-only-for-president model (and I am a caucasion male by the way) but he has yes to produce ANYTHING other that saying he is a man for change. It will require a very smart and savvy individual to institute REAL change. Sorry folks but anyone who is star struck by Oprah Winfrey and has to be redirected by her to be quiet and present his message rather than spending the entire time gushing over her is not the man of real change. But then this is the country the put George Bush in office twice so why not continue making laughable choices. My personal hope is that we will start to hear really great things from Obama, Edwards, and Clinton and have a viable and believable candidate at the end of this process. Regarding Clinton it is somewhat pathetic how threatened people are of her – she is a strong woman and I get a chuckle with the notion of her going home to Bill crying (don't imagine realistically that happens too much) Try listening and not being afraid of an African American male or a woman or the norm if it turns out to be the best choice. Do not be a mindless drone and jump on a bandwagon based on what the people of Iowa have done – think for yourself and stick to your guns and your own instincts.

January 5, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  21. Chris

It's quite amazing. Two days ago, I may have heard one of the most important speeches of the 21st century. What Mr. Obama has done in the democrat party is refreshing. He energizes the youth, and they are coming out in thousands to support him. America may have finally changed. Finally we are paying attention to the message and not voting based on name recognition.
    I am a Republican and, Mr. Obama excites me. A 30 yr old white, Iraq War veteran, who is big on national defense. I live in a Blue State. As of this morning, I have a Republican for Obama sign on my lawn. All that I hope is that we as Americans are done looking at a man or women's skin color, race or religion. It is time for change and the Democrat party has a man who can do that. Thank You Barack, you are a breath of fresh air on a cold Saturday morning.

January 5, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  22. MIKE

Barak Obama I believe is a child born in due season, when the shoe fits, the going become easy. OBAMA a unifier

January 5, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  23. linda, OKC OK

OBAMA 08!!!!!!

January 5, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  24. IVING

WE ALL KNOW THAT HILLARY CLINTON HAS WASHINGTON LIKE EXPERIENCE. BUT AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF THIS SOME POLITIC, THIS WASHINGTON LIKE POLITIC, THIS POLITIC YOU CAN NEVER TRUST . WE WANT A FRESH FIGURE , SOMEONE LIKE US, SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT WE ARE GOING TRU IN LIFE . SOMEONE WE CAN TRUST TO GET THE JOB DONE. I REALLY THINK IT'S OBAMA.

OBAMA CAN GET THE JOB DONE AND WE , AMERICA ARE TRUSTING HIM.

January 5, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  25. Joseph

The america we know today is not the america that we knew before.It's not the america that the whole world love,cherish,fancy,admire and want to emulate.America has lost it's glory,dignity and charisma.America needs someone that will bring back the lost glory and i believe that person is Barak Obama because i believe that he's the true candidate of change.

January 5, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |