January 5th, 2008

Big New Hampshire crowds for Obama

ALT TEXT

CNN’s Chris Welch reports that as many as 2,000 people crowded into a gym with a capacity of 1,550 to hear Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama Saturday morning in Nashua, New Hampshire. Around 1,000 others were sent to a smaller, overflow gym on-site. (Photo credit: AP)

Related video: 'Obamamania' in New Hampshire

1. Pedro

I want to admonish the American electorate:
    Do NOT vote AGAINST Hillary because she is a woman.
    Do NOT vote AGAINST Obama because he is black.
    Do NOT vote AGAINST any candidate because of who or what he/she is.
    Instead, use your intelligence and vote FOR the candidate, regardless of party, who is going to serve this country best. Set aside your biases. Think intelligently!!!

January 5, 2008 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  2. GREG KLINE

Obama excells in that he is nowhere near as polarizing as Hillary. I personally know numerous Republicans that like Obama, while having a quite visceral reaction to Hillary. This country needs to heal, and Obama readily shows the capacity to Make that happen. And while Hillary continues to deliver lifeless stump speeches, Obama speaks extemporaneously from the heart. In essence, Hillary is the poll-chasing status quo corporate candidate, who pays lip service to what people care about, and it shows. By contrast, Obama has the spark of being the "real deal", an honest man on a mission, who seems to truly care. And his platform is sound. He's not just talking change, but the right changes at the right time with sincerity. While polls are dubious, they consistently show that currently, Obama could beat any of the Republican challengers. That clinches my vote.
    Go Barky-O Go!

January 5, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  3. Wayne

OBAMA is our next President. Face it, HE IS THE BEST CANDIDATE. Just face it, my fellow Americans, he is the best by a long shot. He will defeat Edwards, Clinton and any of the Republicans for the Presidency. The man is just simply Brilliant!!!! My vote will count for him

January 5, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  4. Tanisha

I have read all of your comments and there's a lot that I want to say but I'll keep it simple: No Weapons formed against Barack shall prosper he is more than a conqueror....GO BARACK!!!

January 5, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  5. LQ ROCHESTER MN

Mike, I do not care what the bible says about the anti-Christ. I don't know what that has to do with this election. The anti-Christ will be charismatic!! Can you people stoop any lower???

I'm supporting Obama. I will vote for any of the democrats who would end up being the nominee altho' I have to admit, the more I see Hillary, the more I read of her, the more I hear her, I would probably have to hold my nose to vote for her, but I can't even respect any of the republicans running.

My dream ticket – Obama/Biden.

PS – I am watching the NH debates now. I have often cringed when Bush smirks, giggles and otherwise is completely inappropriate and possibly pathological. I am seeing a lot of smirking now with Hill that I never noticed before when another candidate speaks.

January 5, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  6. rick cutrone

change? we're going to change from fighting in north africa to fighting in central africa. obama has clealy stated in his victory speech that he intends to get our country involved in darfur - great. so, instead of fighting over oil, we'll get in-between warring afraican tribes,why? obama's father's a kenyan national, which means obama's mind is on africa, not the u.s..a.

January 5, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  7. haven

Dear All,
    I don't care who is trustable or believable. Just think of who can beat REPUBLICAN in 2008 election. So get REAL. And shut up u all who is loving whom. Sick of that!

January 5, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  8. Steve, Cedar Rapids, Iowa

The fact is that the Republicans want to run against Mrs. Clinton. This is their best shot at hanging on to the White House.I think they are scared to run against Mr. Obama. Mr Huckabee himself warned that the Republicans should not count out Obama or they will lose the election. In Iowa the Dems doubled their turnout from 4years ago. I encountered one person who said they did not care who the Democratic nominee is .. as long as thr Republicans go is all that mattered. People are tired of Bush and all his Republican friends in Congress. If I were a Republican running for reelection in especially a blue state I would be nervous about having a job after next November.

January 5, 2008 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  9. Cindy K

I watched the Jan. 05 debate. I haven't made mind up yet. What is all the hype about Obama???? I listened to him and heard nothing concrete. Bring about change, Okay, what is your plan of action.... He seems to dance around questions with proper english and a spriited voice. He's sort of like a fancy wedding cake, with the outer layers of beautiful frosting and elegant designs. It looks fabulous but has no flavor, no
    no substance and no taste. Don't just tell me what your going to change but how your going to change it.

Even we questioned about his religous belief. He dances around the answer.

Can someone get this man to simply answer a question?

Can some reporter at these Debates grow some balls and make him answer with a yes or no.........please. I need to make a decision, I can't if I can't get straight answers

January 5, 2008 11:51 pm at 11:51 pm |
  10. Bill W - PA

Obama just won a state that is over 98% white. Even the majority of women there didn't vote for Hillary. So where are these comments coming from that "he is not electable?" If anybody is not electable, it is Hillary – with all her baggage, all her ties to so many criminals, all her dirty money, all her refusals to give a straight answer on anything, and all her flip-flopping on any issue she has spoken on. Jeez, the woman can't even decide what her own name is.

ANYBODY BUT HILLARY

January 5, 2008 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |
  11. danielo

Jake
    Thanks for your comments..

When the shoe fits....

January 5, 2008 11:56 pm at 11:56 pm |
  12. Stop the Iraq war NOW

You people who are for Obama are not living in the state of Illinois where he served as Senator.......his papers regarding his time spent as a Senator here in Illinois are not around........lately when his Senate "record" was being scrutinized as to how he voted on particular things, evidence in Springfield of this information has been expunged. Why is that?

January 5, 2008 11:59 pm at 11:59 pm |
  13. LSD Saint

Obama 08" Perfect Love casteth out all fear

January 6, 2008 12:36 am at 12:36 am |
  14. Eileen

I am hoping that Barack Obama will be the next President of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. It is sad to read comments about him e.i being a terrorist and a communist. That doesn't put too much trust in the system. How did he slip through the cracks and become a senator.?How could that ever happen in the USA. Someone becoming a senator and at the same time blogged as being a terrorist and a communist is quite unbelievable. I hope that he doesn't get sent back to Kenya over all of this.

January 6, 2008 01:32 am at 1:32 am |
  15. Gloria K.

Good luck Obama! I hope America will make the right choice!

January 6, 2008 01:42 am at 1:42 am |
  16. RCD

Clinton is showing in the Saturday night New Hampshire debate that a) she delivers results based on a proven track record, b) she is a pro that understands the complexity of the issues and can devise durable solutions, and c) that she is the more responsible and mature of the candidates. She still looks like the ultimate winner to me. Obama and Edwards both look like they shoot from the hip, a dangerous way to run a country. Isn't that what George Bush has been doing for the last few years?

RCD from Washington

January 6, 2008 01:42 am at 1:42 am |
  17. Frances

What has this man named OBAMA done so far help poor and middle class Americans? NONE! Pure talk and talk, less, to say the least of action. Rhetotic cannot save poor Americans!

January 6, 2008 01:48 am at 1:48 am |
  18. Kim, Dallas, TX

Vince Los Angeles, I couldn't agree with you more...I also watched this speech you are referring to and have been following Obama's career since then. I remember saying it would be great if he were to run for president, but I never dreamed it would happen exactly when it was needed most. If people only took the time to really get to know his candidacy, it's difficult to imagine how they don't get the big picture otherwise. His website tells about his ideas, he is not an empty platform as some of these comments suggest. He has so much more substance and integrity than any other candidate running. He has had my vote for quite some time, as I joined his website a year ago. As far as the "bandwagon" statement, it takes time for some to get to know who he is and what he stands for. Jumping on this bandwagon and not just voting for name recognition is a good thing.

For all of you accusing Obama supporters of "jumping on the bandwagon"……I first saw Barack Obama 4 years ago at the Democratic Covention…I supported John Kerry at the time (I was a grassroots organizer btw). When I heard Barack speak then….I heard myself say out loud "THIS IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES…..since then I have done my OWN research into what he stands for and what he's done….

I can PROUDLY say I support Barack Obama for President..based on the FACTS!

GO OBAMA !!!

January 6, 2008 01:54 am at 1:54 am |
  19. America Rising

Micahel and other Obama supporters: He may not be a "dreamer" or "too nice" but he is stealing from John Edwards! The Boston Globe has finally written a piece about it. I do not find any "hope" in a candidate that has to take someone else's concepts and claim them as their own. Totally disingenuous and dishonest.

January 6, 2008 02:00 am at 2:00 am |
  20. Okello Hannington

HRC is really not a good speaker, thus a fumble. She is not convincing in anyway and I wonder where her 30 years record of "experience" is hidden because I can not seem to find that anywhere except her being the first lady!!!

America does needs change, and change is OBAMA. Iowa led the way, New Hampshire the mantle of change is in your midst, OBAMA is the new kid.

OBAMA08.

January 6, 2008 02:37 am at 2:37 am |
  21. jessi

And those who would deny that there is a moral component to it I think are wrong. The reason that I make a decision to support the choice position is not because I don't think it's a moral issue but because I trust women to make a prayerful decision about this issue." 11/9/07 CBN News

"And I was reminded that it is my obligation, not only as an elected official in a pluralistic society but also as a Christian, to remain open to the possibility that my unwillingness to support gay marriage is misguided, just as I cannot claim infallibility in my support of abortion rights."

Barack Obama

Wake up people. he has to trust women to make the decisions? it's not up to him, it's up to US. He remains open to possibility of changing his view on abortion? it's not up to him. Who is this guy you are blindly following? Women, don't do this. Form over substance, look into who this person is.

January 6, 2008 02:41 am at 2:41 am |
  22. Jan Mangers

I hope he likes lesbians.

January 6, 2008 02:47 am at 2:47 am |
  23. Kab

For the next President there is alot on the plate to be dealt with and the problems will take time to correct. But if we want this process of healing (healthcare, positioning trips in locations which benefit with war on terror etc...) then we need someone who will not move around the topics, this goes hand in hand with the candidates who have a political residue from Washington. Obama has a sense of reality and that is exactly what we need, he is willing to start the healing process right away and only with this kind of candidate who has a record of standing firm with his decisions not only as a State Congressman but also as a US Congressman will problems begin being resolved. I wont say vote for a certain candidate but when you decide who you support think about whether or not you want change or do you want to move around change.

January 6, 2008 03:22 am at 3:22 am |
  24. Nan

Senator Obama is for change. Great! trouble is he is non-specific in all of his talks. What do you really know about him, what are his positions, what is his voting record in the Senate? Senator Obama thought it wasn't worth voting 37.7 % in votes taken in the Senate. That's not the norm, that's a lousy record. Do you really want a President who only works 2/3rds of the time? Before you believe all the hype about Obama, Clinton, McCain, who ever you might be interested in do your own research. If you are swayed by pretty words and not deeds then you have not done your job as US citizens to be well informed and use your brains not your emotions to decide to vote for. This country gets what it deserves when we vote, so please go beyond CNN, MSNBC, or FOX, and the self absorbed pundits who litter those networks who tell you who to vote for and read, read, read. Read as many newspapers from around the country as possible(on-line). Read as many newspapers from around the world as possible(on-line). Read the candidates position papers, If they serve/served in the Senate or House read their voting records. The records will tell you what it was on and how they voted or if they didn't bother to vote. Check to see what legislation they have proposed and who they worked with. Was it from someone from across the isle? if so, then good for them, they know how to reach out. Do your homework yourself! Remember to really listen to what the candidates are saying, and remember to question everything that is said until you are satisfied. Don't be a lemming, be informed, think for yourself!

January 6, 2008 04:15 am at 4:15 am |
  25. James Tanaka

If only Hillary have followers as active as these guys rooting for Barack, she would have won hands down Iowa. What she did was gave the room to the skillful speaker Barack to draw the awestricken young fans to the caucus. Buses or no bus, the IOWA result was a huge lesson for Hillary.

Now, can Presidential candidate Clinton put up a picture of hers together with thousand of followers bearing placards and streamers then "convince" CNN to publish it?

January 6, 2008 04:44 am at 4:44 am |