January 5th, 2008

Big New Hampshire crowds for Obama

ALT TEXT

CNN’s Chris Welch reports that as many as 2,000 people crowded into a gym with a capacity of 1,550 to hear Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama Saturday morning in Nashua, New Hampshire. Around 1,000 others were sent to a smaller, overflow gym on-site. (Photo credit: AP)

Related video: 'Obamamania' in New Hampshire

1. Kevin

Just as I was losing hope in you America. You pull this on me. I am very proud of my country today. Obama is already bringing us together. Happy Days are here again!!!

God Bless America

January 5, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  2. Maria, Houston

Dave, CA

"Obama is all smoke and mirrors. From the rally crowds lured in by the opportunity to see Oprah, to the loads of screaming collage students he buses in for his events, to his polished, empty speeches that whip crowds into frenzies! Be careful, voters, this happened in Europe in the 1930's with disastrous results for the world."

You are comparing Obama to nazis? Are you INSANE?!

January 5, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  3. ava

Obama is surging in NH big time!

The new post-Iowa caucus polls released today:

ARG – Obama +12
    Obama 38% (+7)
    Clinton 26% (-9)
    Edwards 20% (+5)

Rasmussen – Obama +10
    Obama 37%, Hillary Clinton 27%, John Edwards 19%

January 5, 2008 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  4. Moby Luchiano

Go Obama!! I feel sorry for Hillary though...

January 5, 2008 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  5. jhon smith

YOU GUYS WILL CRY WHEN HRC GET THE NOMINATION AFTER SUPER FEBRUARY 5.WAIT AND SEE

HILLARY 08

January 5, 2008 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  6. Kyle, COLUMBIA SOUTH CAROLINA

FIRED UP AND READY TO GO!! Hillary please stop stealing out lines!!

January 5, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  7. Anna

I am a Democrat. I hate Bush’s presidency. I hated the war in Iraq before we were involved and continue to. I think we are in deep sheet politically and economically due to the money wasted on this war. I believe we need a President who can get us out of it. I am not going to vote Democrat if Obama gets the nomination. Depending on the Republican nominee, I might vote Republican – because he could be less evil then Obama.

Change is a beautiful word that sounded very seductive when used by Obama, especially today considering the sheet that we are in. Without change, mankind would stand still. However it is only a seductive word at the moment. What we need right now is somebody who can and knows how to navigate us out of where we are and Obama is not this person. There were political leaders before that wanted change, but what they achieved was destruction – like in Russia &Iraq. Not all changes are good and it is extremely important when, where and how changes are implemented!

January 5, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  8. MikeNJD

Dave ca, are you SERIOUSLY comparing Sen. Obama to Hitler? Really? REALLY?!?! I thought we were better than that here in the U.S. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Jr., California: that is EXACTLY what has been running through my mind too! I wonder if Obama can raise one eyebrow....

January 5, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  9. Edward

Obama, the island of ruba loves you and suppports your vision, good luck in the U.S.!

January 5, 2008 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  10. Redliner

If you are curious...he has a great book (and even better audiobook) called "The Audacity of Hope" It outlines his ideas and plans on many issues.... HE DOES HAVE A PLAN FOR AMERICA!

How great will America look with a president like Barack Obama!

January 5, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  11. Gina

If it is already determined that HRC has most of the delegates, why even bother
    voting...?

Just how do they come by this....we haven't even voted yet?

I can't believe HRC will be the nominee for the Democrats...go Obama!!!!!!!!!

G.

January 5, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  12. Chinnu

OBAMA look like a nice man that I can have a good conversation with, but I am NOTlooking forward to sit and talk with my Presidents.
    Obama seems to be some one I will select my class leader. USA politics can not be compared to class politics.

BUSH isalso a easy going happy guy, who was an OUTSIDER to Washington.What happened in the past 8YEARS. ? china and India is economically powerful,Our money value is so low, Economy is bad ,worce we are fighting 2 war with no end sight.JOBS are sent out side our country.

I want to select a smart ,hard working ,experienc ed who is willing to make change and make this country prosperous and strong .End the War.

I an Independent .I am going to vote for Hillary!!!!!!!!

January 5, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  13. David Randolph

After reading several comments regarding the present political scene, I've have tentatively come to the conclusion that there are a awfully lot of people who are mentally-challenged out there. As an example: comments from a few like someone called: Jennifer B, Dave Ca, Betty and Art. Their comments demonstrate that they don't have a clue of understanding what's happending. Comments like Obama is presenting Smoke and Mirrors, that he is a Musulum, he bussed young people into Iowa, and he wouldn't take a picture with my young son, who was holding a sign of Obama opposition, that he was not born in the U.S. These baseless comments clearly indicate that a great mejority of people out there don't have an understanding of how politics work in the U.S.

January 5, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  14. Darryl

I am glad to see Barack doing so well. He still has a long way to go. I hear all the stories about lack of experience. I believe folks are sick and tired of the " experienced" experience, it's time for change. What we need is somone who will not let politics as usual exist. We need our UNITED States back and get rid of the special intrest groups and lobbyist. We should even get rid of the party system and be one country undidvided. UNITED we stand Divided we fall. Maybe Barack can spark that kind of reality in this country. How much better off would we all be if we cared for one another with purity of heart.

January 5, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  15. Jason

Look out with Obama, you'll get Oprah and her scandalous school, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and all the crap that comes with them. Barack Hussein Obama, a black, muslim! Oh geez, here goes the Dems down to defeat again!!!

January 5, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  16. Chinnu

I an Independent .I am going to vote for Hillary!!!!!!!!

January 5, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  17. Bob

I'm sorry, comment above should have read,,,in Iowa where only 2% of the population is black.

January 5, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  18. Charlie

OBAMA ALL THE WAY!!

January 5, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  19. Mark G

Obama is the best thing that could happen to this country.

January 5, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  20. Eddie W.

20 YEARS OF THE SAME TWO FAMILIES IN THE WHITE HOUSE IS TOO MUCH ALREADY.
    GEORGE H. BUSH .......1989-1993
    BILL CLINTON .......1993-2001
    GEORGE W.BUSH..........2002-2009 (JAN)
    America needs a change,a fresh approach to problem solving, an individual to serve the people (not the monied ones),but the every day ones who builded this country. Y ES I AM A OBAMA SUPPORTER from Clinton Country ( Arkansas)

January 5, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  21. pheephee

How wonderful for the young people to get involved in our political system!! It's been a long time coming, but at least you are involved.

If we are informed, educated, hold to our values, and vote on election day, we just may be able to save this country and our Constitutution.

The only candidate I have heard, so far, to acknowledge our system is Mr. Obama. This process isn't about who can be the meanest, sling the most mud, or who has the most money. The process is about us; it is only as good as "we the people" make the process. Mr. Obama pointed this out this morning in a speech in NH televised on CNN.

If you have only known the politics of the current administration I would suggest reading some history.

January 5, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  22. TOM

YOU HILLARY HATERS ARE ACTUALLY COMICAL AND SHOW YOUR IMMATURITY WITH ALL YOUR HATEFUL COMMENTS. I SUPPORT HER...I LIKE OBAMA BUT DONT THINK HE CAN WIN. IF HE DOES STAGE EVENTS HE IS NO WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSE. THEY ALL DO IT. IT IS PART OF POLITICS. HILLARY IS A BRILLIANT WOMAN AND BEING MARRIED TO BILL IS NOT A HANDICAP. I FOR ONE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE 90S BACK. AFTER ALMOST 8 YEARS OF THIS MORON IN THE WHITE HOUSE DESTROYING AMERICA AT HOME AND ABROAD HAVING A PRESIDENT WHO HAD A FLING WITH A STAFFER SEEMS LIKE CHILDS PLAY COMPARED TO BUSH. I CAN ONLY GUESS YOU HILLARY HATERS HATE HER BECAUSE YOURE AFRAID SHE WILL WIN THE NOMINATION. I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU. FOLKS THAT THINK LIKE YOU ARE THE ONES WHO GAVE US BUSH. I SUPPORT YOUR RIGHT TO SAY THE NASTY THINGS YOU ARE SAYING.; I ONLY WISH YOU WOULD EXPRESS YOURSELF AND YOUR BELIEFS WITHOUT THE NASTINESS.

January 5, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  23. Kitty, Denver, CO.

For the longest time people were saying that the REP. were looking forward to running against Hillary because they knew they could beat her. Now we hear the opposite, that the REP will find Obama easy to beat. Which one is it? Another interesting thing is that people continue to talk about his lack of experience. What experience would nay–sayers prefer he have? Would they like him to be as experienced as our current President? Does experience truly translate to effectiveness? It is important to remember that presidents come with staff members who pretty much do most of the work, then inform the president so he/she can make the right decision. So much of the job requires effective decision-making based on information provided. Where this country stands right now is based on decision-making not experience. Consider the status of our nation at the moment.

Having said all of that, it is up to Americans to make the right decision now. For me, it is not vicarious experience that will mend this nation. It will be the one who thinks before they speak and act, and the one who shows growth and originality. Thus far it has been Obama. He has shown me that he is not staus quo and not concerned about special interests. And during his campaign he has made one good choice after another, all the while bringing people together and stirring passions-something our country has taken a vaction from for forty years.

All the way Obama. All the way!!!

January 5, 2008 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  24. Daws

OMG do they screen any of these comments? People here have called Obama everything from a communist to a Nazi. I guess that covers it all huh? Don't doubt that rival campaign staffers are above sneaking comments in and just making things up. Oh and the buses? Ever think they might be for his extensive staff and volunteers, or possibly just a smart way to make it easier for supporters to see him?

January 5, 2008 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  25. Vince Los Angeles

For all of you accusing Obama supporters of "jumping on the bandwagon"......I first saw Barack Obama 4 years ago at the Democratic Covention...I supported John Kerry at the time (I was a grassroots organizer btw). When I heard Barack speak then....I heard myself say out loud "THIS IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.....since then I have done my OWN research into what he stands for and what he's done....

I can PROUDLY say I support Barack Obama for President..based on the FACTS!

GoBama Go