January 7th, 2008

Clinton's closing argument in New Hampshire

The CNN Ticker

Clinton is launching her closing argument in New Hampshire.

(CNN) - Tonight, Hillary Clinton made her final two-minute television appeal to New Hampshire voters during the 6 p.m. news, with a spot that stressed experience and promised real change. Full script after the jump.

Thank you New Hampshire, for welcoming me into your homes and hearts.

And when you vote, I hope you'll ask one question. Who's ready to be president on day

one?

America is at a crossroads. We're a nation at war in a dangerous world. We have a

faltering economy, an energy crisis, and 47 million people without health care.

But, after seven long years of this administration, we finally have the opportunity for a

new beginning. Tomorrow, you can take the first step.

After all the town meetings, it comes down to this. Who's ready to be president and ready

to start solving the big challenges we face on day one?

And, we can solve them. We can end the era of cowboy diplomacy and bring our sons

and daughters home from Iraq. We can make a new beginning for our economy and

rebuild our great middle class.

We can reform our government and transform our energy future. We can make a new

beginning on health care, cut costs, improve quality, and cover every American.

I'm not running for president to put band-aids on our problems. I'm running to solve

them.

The stories you've shared will always stay with me. Parents juggling jobs to pay for

college for their kids, soldiers' families praying for a safe return, all the men and women

across this state who have whispered their health care problems to me.

Bills they can't pay, parents they can't afford to care for, insurance companies who refuse

to help. I know you've waited a long time for a president who could hear you and see

you. We're not just changing presidents, we're changing our country.

I hope you'll vote for me and help me change America. And, if you stand with me, I will

stand up for you every day as your president.

I'll work my heart out to bring the country we love the new beginning it needs and I will

be ready to start on day one. Thank you.

I'm Hillary Clinton and I approved this message.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • New Hampshire
  1. Jodi in New York

I am very worried about the state of this country. This country put Bush in for 2 terms and now look at us! We are the laughing stock of the world and we need someont now that can turn us back. Hillary Clinton has the connections all over the world, she is well respected. Hillary has a great track record in New York as a senator. This election is so important the future for my kids at stake here.
    Hillary has the experience and the connections to start making things better.
    Who here has ever had things better than when the Clinton's were in The White house???????

January 8, 2008 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  2. carol

Robert – I would never vote for someone who represents one of the most bigoted group of people on earth under the guise of religion. Sorry, it doesn't look like you will be owning a piece of the rock in Florida until Hillary has time to fix the economy and everything else the Bush team messed up.

January 8, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  3. James

Ladies, the likes of Jodi/NY, JV, Tabitha: What has experience garnered the People during the past 20-years from the supposed experienced-politicians? I do not want anyone with experience representing me in Congress and the Executive.at this time The experience of entrenched politicians is responsible for the rampant corruption that exists in my Government . Their experience has nearly doomed the middle-class of America to the benefit of the ultra-rich. Their greed and their comfort-food, Corporations and PAC's have made our Country hated and disrespected by the world. The Country needs to regurgitated experience and soak up the reinvigoration of fresh-idea's and new-names. Hillary Clinton is apart of the experience that has crippled this Country for the past two-decades. On too greener pastures!

January 8, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  4. from SC

It will take another Clinton to fix another Bush's mistake! Go Hillary! GO!

January 8, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  5. J

It is my turn to speak again. Everyone bashes Senator Hillary Clinton for her husband for getting a little something on the side. It wasn't her fault. We ought to give her ALOT of credit. To wake up beside him everyday for better or worse. I don't agree with a cheating spouse, but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones! This country has issues. She will fix them. You did not see her throw him out. She stuck by him. Just as she will stick by her country and hang in there. So what if she cried. She probably knows true stories about the United States that would make anyone cry. We all should cry! Look at what this country has become. George has really messed with America. We have thousands of people dead from 9/11 and now we have thousands of soldiers dead in the Middle East. Edwards is a redneck in the south and Obama is a wannabe racist that has to get help from a billionaire celebrity. Not to mention the other candidates, whoever they are? CNN, and the other media never discuss problems with the other candidates. Very rarely. God help us if we get someone fighting for Africa and not America. Has anyone seen Obama's Church's website? Go to the "About" page. Let's start building and rebuilding schools in America, what the heck are we doing it in other countries. Let's help American children first! If I hear the word "change" one more time I am gonna puke. Get over it already. What are you going to do for AMERICA!!!!!!!!!! Change what? Rename America...Africa? Get some information fellow Americans. I will pray today! We need God to help us now!

January 8, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  6. R.Chilgreen

Hellery will have Bill to help her when it comes to international relations and aid in making decisions that affect US citizens welfare!

January 8, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  7. randy

I am a Clinton supporter. If Obama gets the nomination, I'll vote for McCain and it will be the first time that I've ever voted for a Republican.

January 8, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  8. Scott

If you see the tv video that show that Obama DID NOT put his right hand on his heart during national anthem!! Do you want him as president by not put his hand on his heart during our national anthem?? Both Richardson and Clinton did put their hand on their chest during it. Obama just stand and do nothing. That tell us who is really American and proud democratic candicates

January 8, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  9. LULU

GREAT JOB HILLARY !!!!!!!!!DO NOT LET THE OBAMA'S PEOPLE OR HIS MEDIA STATIONS ; WHICH IS ALL NEWS STATIONS GET YOU DOWN. IF OBAMA HAD WON NH THAT IS THE ONLY THING WE WOULD HEAR ON TV, RADIO AND NEWSPAPERS. NOW THAT YOU HILLARY WON NH EVERYTHING IS QUIET !!!! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE CAN VOTE FOR OBAMA ?????HE DOES NOT USE HIS FULL NAME BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA !!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS A MUSLIM AND USED THE KORAN INSTEAD OF A BIBLE TO TAKE HIS OATH OF OFFICE . BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATED !!!!!!!!!!
    THINK AGAIN THINK AGAIN THINK AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE ALSO DOES NOT RESITE THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIENCE TO OUR FLAG ; COME GET REAL !!!! HE HAS NO EXPERENCE, NO LEADERSHIP, HE ONLY HAS MS OPRA AND HER MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERY NEWS OUTLET ARE TRYING THE TAKE OVER OUR FREE ELECTIONS BY PUT WRONG NUMBERS OUT THERE TO MAKE YOU THINK BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA HAS ALREADY WIN THE PRESIDENTAL ELECTION . WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE NEWS PEOPLE ARE 99% ALWAYS WRONG IN THERE REPORTING !!!!!!!!!!!!WAKE UP PEOPLE KEEP AMERICA FREE AN LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE AND NEWS MEDIA. GO HILLARY GO !!!!!!!!!!! FIGHT FOR ALL OF US LITTLE PEOPLE OR WE WILL BE DESTROYED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VOTE HILLARY
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE CAN CLEAN THIS MESS UP THAT BUSH HAS CREATED FOR US, OUR CHILDRED, OUR GRANDCHILDREN AND OUR GREAT GREAT GRANDCHILDREN. VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE HILLARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LULU