January 8th, 2008

Early exit polls: Dems' feelings toward Bush admin.

Which comes closest to your feelings about the Bush administration?:

New Hampshire Democratic primary voters

Enthusiastic – 2 percent

Satisfied, but not enthusiastic – 4 percent

Dissatisfied, but not angry – 28 percent

Angry – 65 percent

Source: CNN Exit Poll preliminary results

Filed under: Exit Polls • New Hampshire
  1. Larry M.

What we need is not only a Democrat in the White House but a Democrat with a backbone. Someone who can get the job done and work with all folks, not just across that contemptuous aisle, to bring this country back to prominence economically and in education. Too many people have died and worked too hard to allow a small portion of the right-wing to bring us down forever.
    We need people who are able and willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. We need deeds, not words to bring us back to greatness.
    In other words:
    WE NEED ANOTHER CLINTON IN THE WHITE HOUSE!

January 8, 2008 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  2. Chris-ct

My goodness, aren't we mature Colin? johnsmith– who is better equipped to heal?

January 8, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  3. lois

GO HILLARY!!!!!

January 8, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  4. Michael Phillips, Everett WA

It looks to me like experience and qualification are on the brink of getting the back seat again. We let that happen in '00 and again in '04. It is not enough for a president to be charismatic or a good leader. Nor is it sufficient for a president to have a knack for surrounding himself with "the right people". Experience, leadership, qualification and management are all required, but the primary requirement is intelligence. We need a president who is smart. That has been sorely lacking of late. The last thing we need is another charismatic dumb cluck from either party. I'm a Democrat and I want to believe that we can put the Democratic leadership back in the White House. Senator Obama has a lot to learn and he has earned the right to learn it by serving in the Senate. Senator Clinton, on the other hand, is ready. She is fully qualified and her vision of where she wants to lead is clearly articulated. I believe she is better qualified to employ our country's senior statesmen and clean up the disaster that Walker Texas Ranger will leave behind.
    Am I the only one that thinks Mike Huckabee looks and talks like Gomer Pyle?

January 8, 2008 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  5. Kevin, Phoenix, AZ

The contrast between public outcry against the Bush administration and actual movement against them is startling. If so many people are so vehemently opposed to what this thuggish organization has done, why have there not been demonstrations for impeachment on every busy street corner of every major city? I, myself, live in a city of 2 million and have only seen a handful of protests.

If you're angry, act. Don't sit on a blog (or post on a forum) and fume about policies and underhanded dealings. Write letters to your senator, organize sit-ins, get involved in demonstrations. Democracy is "for the people, by the people" – if enough people believe (and demonstrate their belief in) the same thing, the people can't and won't be ignored. Wake up and realize that politicians are more afraid of the power that we have than we are of the power that they have to mold our society.

We might be more like our British cousins than we realize. As Pink Floyd said... "Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way." Amend that to add America.

Obama '08!

January 8, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  6. lois

There is NO way I can tell you what my real opinion of the shrub is, simply I HATE him and ALL he has done to this country. I hope drowns in his OIL!

January 8, 2008 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  7. Jeff

To michael phillips in WA..................

Hillary is clearly ready? Her vision is clearly articulated?
    I have to question your vision.......haven't you read the details on all of her past scandals? Can the sheer quantity of her past "scrapes" with the law be coincidental?
    Wow!............how can people possibly miss and/or forget the past so quick......are we that desperate?

January 8, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  8. Garrett

wow, so many informed opinions. Looks like they ran out of ballots and kool-aid

January 8, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  9. azportsider

Guess I'll file this one under "W," as in Well, Duh!

Angry? Yeah, but it's nothing that seeing Bush, Cheney, Yoo, Addington, Wolfowitz, Feith, and the whole rest of that sorry pack of criminals frogmarched right into The Hague for the war crimes trials they so richly deserve wouldn't cure.

January 8, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  10. Dan

I don't think ANYONE expected different results from Democrats.

January 8, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  11. Kathy

I certainly don't mind those who articulate a reasonable statement of support for Hillary, but please lay off the female issue. I am a feminist, but refuse to sell my vote for gender. I will not for for or against a candidate based on their gender or race, these are non-issues for thinking people. So many in the media have assumed & commented that women are somehow obligated to support Hillary because of gender. Then I read a few posts here that mimic that same sentiment. This is just another form of sexism & just as stupid as anyone who would fail to support her just on the basis of her gender.

We must elect representatives who will serve all. This is most true for the President. We have endured a president who serves a small elect group & the rest have been exploited. We do need change, we need to remember that the issues are bigger than just our own personal agendas & even our boundaries. The President of the U.S. affects everyone in world and we cannot afford to lose sight of that reality anymore.

January 8, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  12. New Yorker

gee, aren't we surprised!

January 8, 2008 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  13. kara

Jeff- What past scandals are you referring to? Can you name one of what you call the "sheer quantity of her past scrapes with the law"?

January 8, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  14. Eric, from THE Republic of Texas

This poll speaks volumes about the maturity of voters on both sides of the aisle. As a Conservative, I don't in any way, shape or form, HATE Hillary Clinton. And I don't agree with anything for which she stands. I simply feel she, as a candidate (not as a woman, man or other), is simply not qualified for the job.

And even though I feel Bill Clinton is a seriously flawed individual who's stuck in perpetual Baby-Boomer horn-dog adolescence, I don't hate him either. Life is too short to hate and it simply eats a person up inside.

Democrats who say they hate Bush seriously need to grow up and get a grip, or at least some better meds. Hate is hardly the sentiment I would expect to hear coming from people who self-righteously deride and preach at others for their lack of "tolerance."

Folks, like it or not, we Democrats and Conservatives are a lot more alike than the media wants us to believe. We can disagree and debate until we're blue in the face, and that's one of the greatest blessings of this great nation in which we live. Let us behave like the mature adults we are and drop the nonsensical talk of "hating" the president.

January 8, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  15. broadsword

Eric, from THE Republic of Texas:

How does "visceral dislike that inspires full-body nausea and intellectual disbelief every time the guy opens his mouth" strike you as an alternative?

You're acting as if these people have done nothing to inspire 'dislike', when they've earned it in spades.

January 9, 2008 11:53 am at 11:53 am |