January 11th, 2008
1 year ago

Clinton launches new ad in Nevada and South Carolina

Clinton is up with a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina.
Clinton is up with a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Democrat Hillary Clinton launched a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina Friday that seems designed to show a softer side of the New York senator.

The 30-second spot called "Listen" features clips from Clinton's victory speech in New Hampshire and is set to music that sounds straight of out NBC's The West Wing.

“Over the last week I listened to you and in the process I found my own voice," Clinton is shown saying. "You helped remind everyone that politics isn’t a game. This campaign is about people. About making a difference in your lives. It’s time we had a president who stands up for all of you.”

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • Nevada • South Carolina
  1. ANTI-REPUBLICAN

MATHEW 6:6
    But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

SO YOU HYPOCRITES DONT EVER BOTHER ME WITH THAT PUBLIC PRAYER CRAP

January 11, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  2. Jimmy

Senator Clinton for President of the United States.
    She is the one,
    "THAT CAN GET IT DONE"

January 11, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  3. paul,ks

flip flopping, clony!

January 11, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  4. Patrice C.

We put you over the top Hillary, we'll carry you on our shoulders all the way to the White House! Win it for all the women who paved the way.
    Ladies, let us not blow this opportunity, it may take another 30 years for another woman as electable as her to come along. This is not only Hillary's time, it is our time!

January 11, 2008 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  5. Ca Native

CLINTON SAYS, “Over the last week I listened to you and in the process I found my own voice"

CLINTON MEANS, "Over the last week I discovered many democrat voters can be suckered by my fake emotion and will vote for me. Expect me to continue this behavior until I must change again."

January 11, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  6. Wilhemina

"THE CLINTONGATE"

January 11, 2008 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  7. Lisa

This is a very stupid idea to continue to use this if she is trying to claim 35 years of serving the people's interest. How on earth could she have been effective in her experience when she didn't have her own voice? This is a very weak stand.

It really sounds like she decided that she just opened her eyes and for the first time realized that women mattered, and could be a voter's niche for her. She is using it, rather than having been a strong advocate for women.

She is a weak role model for women if she is just learning at age 60 to speak for herself. Could explain why she stood by a husband who treated her and other women so disgracefully over the past decades.

January 11, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  8. UNITE THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

You Go, Hillary! Single mothers raising children and mothers all over America-–women who are White, Black, Hispanic, and other races and cultures are grateful that a woman is running for President, someone who can understand what we truly go through as a female.....we have someone, finally, who can now truly focus and understand issues that women and mothers are concerned about, in the way that only a woman can understand: childcare, children's health, and education, the ecomonic impact of raising a healthy family........and a person who embraces families that are not "traditional" families: families with adopted children, blended-culture families, grandparents raising grandchildren, single-parent families, foster-child families, and even gay and lesbian families who are raising children----Hillary is non-judgmental and wants to help all different types of families make a better way in America.

Originally, the "HOPE" theme started with Bill Clinton in the early days if his campaign for President--he is, after all, from Hope, Arkansas--remember, he said that in his Presidential campaign in 1992. Now we have hope again, with Hillary running, promising to help restore the middle-class to prosperity-level.

The BEST hope for our country would be to have a Clinton/Obama Presidential ticket: Clinton/Obama 2008. Then Obama would be the Democratic Heir-Apparent Presidential candidate for the 2016 election.

January 11, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  9. Matt Sullivan

I saw The Situation Room today and was disappointed that you chose to focus on Billy Clinton's interview with Al Sharpton, which no one cares about, and gave no coverage to the economic plan that Hilary Clinton unvieled in California. I am interested in the positons of the candidates and plans they support. Your show is beginning to rival Tabloids like Access Holliwood. Please bring us the news no the nonsense!

January 11, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  10. Ron, TX

She claims "35 years of working for children and families" and she JUST NOW found her voice?

I think she JUST NOW found a way to sucker some gullible people into votes, but her own voice? I don't think so.

January 11, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  11. Adam, Los Angeles, California

That's right Gurl!!! Play up that moment when your cold, tiny pebble-of-a-heart hurdled over the calculated, pre-determined answers stored at the back of your throat to reveal itself to the world....

*YAWN*

January 11, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  12. Anthony

I continue to feel that CNN is taking such a slant in this election... this piece reads as very partisan. Why doesn't CNN just endorse a candidate if it is going to make such subjective reviews and call them news articles?

January 11, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  13. Tim Calhoun '08, Moreno Valley, CA

I agree with Ron completely. "35 years of experience" and she finally "finds her voice"?

How anyone cannot see through this woman is beyond me. She will say anything to get elected.

January 11, 2008 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  14. Sara

35 years of experience and she now finds her voice........

January 11, 2008 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |
  15. Jeff Spangler, Arlington, VA

There is no "soft side" to this woman who has been blinded by her self-righteous socially radical ambitions since her days at Wellesley and Yale Law. She is unelectable among at least 50% of voters who don't want the Democrats to blow a very good chance at winning the White House.

January 11, 2008 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |
  16. Poli

Great! I'm waiting for the announcement that Chelsea is 12 weeks pregnant so that Hillary can capture the unwed mother and grandmother vote as well! :)

Go Hillary & Chelsea!

January 11, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  17. aware

Authenticity and transparency are the hallmarks of character. When someone is willing to be vulnerable, especially someone in public life, it is to be applauded. Other than McCain and now Hillary, there is no other authentic, transparent candidate. This is the "change" we need in America!

Thank you Hillary! Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa!

January 11, 2008 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  18. Nicolas Smith

I can't believe the media on their recent election coverage. Why is Senator Obhama being veiwed as playing the race card as inferred by Lou Dobbs just a few minutes ago on his program. The senator is yet to personall and officially make a statement on both Mr & Mrs Clinton unfortunate comments. Things were find until Mrs Clinton showed some human emotion and because of the press focus the democratic presidential nomination race is marred by gender and race.

January 11, 2008 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  19. lydia fraser

These comments are so juvenile. How many times before has Hillary run for president - she means she's finding her own voice in the situation she's in, i.e., the presidential campaign.
    Try reading her autobiography before making comments about something you know nothing about.

January 11, 2008 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  20. john williams san diego, ca.

It was 30 years ago this year that Wall Street smart hillary turned a $1,000 investment in cattle futures into $100,000 in less than nine months. I'm voting for the 'smartest woman' in the world for Federal Reserve Chairman..LEFT on girl

January 11, 2008 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  21. jay

I think Hillary is doing right thing.People need to open their eyes and see what's going on in Washington and around the World.She have what it's gonna take " experience" to fix the problems that we are in.Don't be fool with the "change" that obama campaign is running.He can't make no change without experience.When i was applying for manager position,first question was " do you have experience".Nobody cares about me telling them what can i do.If you don't have what it takes you are not going to be hired.So please people think about that.This is not joke.This is about all of us.

January 11, 2008 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  22. Hillary!

Oh my gosh, I cannot wait until the media starts to chew on Obama. If you think for one minute it will not happen then you people are living in a fantasy world. They are going to chew him up and spit him out. They will dig so deep to get him to explain his position on issues and what's he done that his sputtering is going to be all over the cameras. You think just becuase he's young and appealing (matter of public opinion) he's qualified? Not so. I'm in my late 50's and I know life, and I take offense of the things you people say about Hillary and Bill. Obviously, your parents didn't teach you all any manners. Hateful kids. and immature adults. Shoot, I'm glad you are voting for Obama. He deserves your kind. Like none of you have ever been lied to or been cheated by your spouse. Get over this. Can you all not come up with something new! You better watch what you say about others. Even if you don't personally know them–it will come back to you.

January 11, 2008 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  23. A Baby Boomer for Obama

This woman has reframed, adjusted, spun and stole the ideas of other candidates so many times, I don't know why anyone would want to vote for her. And now good ole Bill is "softening" his comments after New Hampshire and heading towards the black voters in South Carolina. These two have no shame in their quest for power.

I guess their new "ad" guru is repackaging!!

Wake up America!! FIND YOUR VOICE!!

January 11, 2008 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  24. Ahmed

I must say it was clever line to use as part of her vitory speech. But to use in an add to woo votes from the mases of unthinkers....just...follow me dummies. I think most peaple will see through this shameless tactic of Hillary and her campaign.

January 11, 2008 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |
  25. tigerjcs

Great Hillary. I support you and I know you care about this country.

Yes, politic is not a game. It is the future of this country and you are the best with plan and ready to run this country. Obama can only deliver sweet talk with no substance.

You are tough to face those people who dislike you for your leadership style. They constantly attack you and Presdient Bill Clinton personally rather than your leadership skill.

January 11, 2008 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |