January 11th, 2008
1 year ago

Clinton launches new ad in Nevada and South Carolina

Clinton is up with a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina.
Clinton is up with a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Democrat Hillary Clinton launched a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina Friday that seems designed to show a softer side of the New York senator.

The 30-second spot called "Listen" features clips from Clinton's victory speech in New Hampshire and is set to music that sounds straight of out NBC's The West Wing.

“Over the last week I listened to you and in the process I found my own voice," Clinton is shown saying. "You helped remind everyone that politics isn’t a game. This campaign is about people. About making a difference in your lives. It’s time we had a president who stands up for all of you.”

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • Nevada • South Carolina
  1. Scott

Well Amy you are wrong. Like most Obama supporters.

She fought to get healthcare for six million kids and won.

She fought to ensure that National Guard and reservists got healthcare when they weren't receiving it. And won.

And what has Obama done to claim such accomplishments and achievements and experience in the US Senate? an anti-lobbyist bill that doesn't go far enough and voting present instead of voting on bills.

Yeah. Failure = Obama

January 11, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  2. Juan Carlos(Vegas)

Many of us are easily influenced by the media. today our future is at risk. The media love him(Obama) today and tomorrow ummm new story. I want a secure country, better economy, I want America to be respected all over the world I want an I need someone with experience to lead the country. I will vote for Hillary no matter what. In my opinion she will know how to direct this country. Smart woman who was humiliated because of her couple's behavior, she didn't run away, last week the polls were against her, she faced it, she is a person with character.

January 11, 2008 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |
  3. David from Texas

Joy-you are so correct. Did you see his poverty stricken grandmother on the CNN coverage. I can see right through his phony self. I have been a Democrat all my adult life and I have never voted for a Republican for president, but if this phony is the Democrat nomination, I will vote for a Republican. Many of my friends and family members have said the exact same thing. I would rather see another Republican in office than him. The Republicans will tear this man apart.

January 11, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  4. Paul

Scott, I agree with you 100%!!!! If people actually did their research instead of writing stupid comments like a lot of the comments made about this article, they would find that Hillary Clinton has many accomplishments in the Senate, as well as before the Senate.

Winner= Hillary Clinton
    Another Republican President= Barack Obama.
    My choice is Hillary Clinton 08!!!!

January 11, 2008 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  5. kent

Hillary 2008

January 11, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  6. Micahel Guinn, Ventura, CA

The Hillary supporters don't stop with their hateful comments toward Obama. And, some of my fellow Barack supporters are starting to get real testy. I don't think Hillary will be the nominee, but if she is, she'd better do something with her hateful backers. The division isn't just between the republicans and we Democrats- this race is doing alot of harm to our chances of victory in November.
    I have been a Clinton fan since 1992, but I'm REALLY tired of this negative rhetoric, and when OBAMA wins the nomination, people such as Scott will do what? Vote for someone such as McCain or Romney? Save the hate for the general election if you feel the need to hate someone!

January 11, 2008 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  7. Hillary08

Hillary is the one.

January 11, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  8. charles

You know I have had enough OBAMA is the most likely candidate to unite this nation
    because he him self is mix of different experiences, he is some who can identify with everyone. America would be lucky to have as a president

January 11, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  9. John S. Maine

Hillary Clinton scares my wife and kids!

January 11, 2008 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  10. Lorraine Lewis Grenada Miss.

Hey Hillary I need some serious healthcare benefits cause you and your husband make me sick

January 11, 2008 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  11. John S. Maine

Hillary Clinton = "Asbestos Pants Suit" scary woman

January 11, 2008 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  12. devaki ganesan

Mrs.Clinton has solid contribution to the country with her advocacy for children, working women, single parents, education, health care and many other issues.
    She has spent the last few years in the Senate with legislative processes. she is a solid role model for young women aspiring to be in high office.

I think it is high time a woman President is elected in this country. She is intelligent, educated, has good knowledge and understanding of issues.

January 11, 2008 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  13. robbie

well said Michael

January 11, 2008 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |
  14. Mark, Washinfton, MD

I will vote for Obama in the primary. However, if he loses to Hillary I will vote for her because I think any of our leading candidates will do a much better job than any Republican candidate. However, this idea of discrediting our leading candidates is not fair. We should focus on issues and not negative rhetoric. My fear is that if Hillary is nominated the dyanstic thing will be a big factor in the November election and I am not sure how the general electorate will respond to the Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, and then another Clinton argument. I strongly believe that Hillay or Obama would eventually triumph in the general election. Let us be committed to our party and eventual victor in the primary.

January 11, 2008 11:37 pm at 11:37 pm |
  15. klamar

If you like Hillary then she can do no wrong for you. If you don't like Hillary then she can do nothing right. Since when did Hillary Clinton become the most hated person in politics? What has she done to screw up America? Did she start the IRAQ war? I dont wanna hear that she voted for it. If she didn't vote for it then all the haters would be criticizing her for being soft on the terrorists!!! what can she do that is worse than W.?

January 11, 2008 11:40 pm at 11:40 pm |
  16. Teelee Again

This just goes to show that many can no longer question the power of Senator Obama's message and his ability to effect CHANGE...a la Senator Hillary Clinton who caught the Obama wave and CHANGED to become a better person and politician (at least for the primary contest) right before our very eyes...she is now listening to voters, she has found her new voice, she is showing emotions, and she is reaching out to the people...so much for that 35 years of experience...she heard the truth and the truth has set her free...and the truth has CHANGED her

On another note,
    For those who talk about Senator Obama's grandmother, you are unaware of the traditions and family roots of many African nations. Many of the older generations love and prefer to maintain their history, traditions, beliefs, culture, etc. This is home to her and her family and she is very much at home and comfortable with it. Please don't try to assert our materialistic American values on every people, nation, and country in the world. Let us embrace and welcome our differences. Remember, one man's trash is another man's treasure. BTW, there was nothing about the CNN story that leaves one to believe there is any strife or discord between Senator Obama and his grandmother (his grandmother was quite proud of him) so please don't be so small as to use this mute point to mask your dislike of the Senator–let's keep it on the issues in this political campaign.

January 11, 2008 11:51 pm at 11:51 pm |
  17. Bimmer

How can Hillary be a bad role model for children when she did not do cocaine while she was in Wellesly college and at Yale and did not confess about in the book "It Takes a Village…".

January 12, 2008 12:08 am at 12:08 am |
  18. Tyler in Raleigh, NC

It's the softer side of Sears, I mean Hillary. What a puff piece. Its sad that no one wants to vote for her on experience or change, but she crys and expresses emotion and people go crazy.

There have been too many "voices" from Hillary to take her seriously. I am glad she found it, but if it took 35 years of "experience" and age 60 to find her voice in a poll result.... thats just sad.

January 12, 2008 12:15 am at 12:15 am |
  19. mike

I believed that the republicans are behind the candidacy of barack obama coz if he wins and get the nomination they can easily tear him apart. We should use our vote intelligently. We should vote for the most qualified candidate with a good agenda and substance of views regarding the economy, energy and among other important problems we had in our country today. 4 years is a long wait to waste so please think intelligently, dont waste your vote.

January 12, 2008 12:15 am at 12:15 am |
  20. Maris

Go to CBS Politics and compare the candidates experience. I think this will help people understand what Hillary means by 35 years experience, as well as Obama's experience.

But...on my end, all I have to say is...GO HILLARY!!!

HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON OUR 44th AND FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT!!! Let's make real history and show the world that we do believe in equal rights for women!

January 12, 2008 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  21. Oklahoma_Pol

Its interesting that just now Hillary has found her voice.. the humanizing and repackaging of Hillary begins again and she will likely be the Demo nominee.

Hopefully John McCain will be the republican nominee and I can vote for him .

He never has lost his voice! I may not always agree with him, but he will always do what is best for America

Courage , Character and Integrity John McCain is my personal choice

January 12, 2008 12:53 am at 12:53 am |
  22. Jeffim, Miami, Fl

Mr. Guinn,
    You should read the comments more carefully. I see a lot more hate-spewing from Obama supporters. Just read the words they are using. It really does not seem to me that they are after a positive change. Don't you understand, that their behavior totally takes away from the main message of Obama. No wonder, people went in thousands to support Hillary in NH. And guess, what. She wan be 12 points!!!! Because so many pundits and polls put her double digits behind.
    You reap what you saw!

January 12, 2008 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  23. Reeny

MICHAEL G. i saw nothing hateful in what has been said about Obama. The facts are that, Hillary has a track record in politics and has contributed, whther you accept it or not. What is Obama's history or track records? Pls lets not get carried away with Obama's so called change message? Remember change can be good or bad!!

Democrats NEED to get back into the white house and Obama is too greedy to see what this drive would do to the democratic party. He is full of empty promises and really proud. He's fake and am sorry you guys cannot see through him. These students who are on his wagon are not worried of foecloures on their homes etc. I hope they will not be fooled by this emotional speeches but see the issues as they face us. May be his followers want another 4 years of a republican adminstration.

Let wake up folks!!!!!

January 12, 2008 01:07 am at 1:07 am |
  24. Al from Ohio

Litened this past week? So you never listened before? In other words Hillary is going to act different than normal. Talk about admitting she's a fake. uuuuuummmm Thanks Hillary now we're sure .

January 12, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |