January 11th, 2008
1 year ago

Clinton launches new ad in Nevada and South Carolina

Clinton is up with a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina.
Clinton is up with a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Democrat Hillary Clinton launched a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina Friday that seems designed to show a softer side of the New York senator.

The 30-second spot called "Listen" features clips from Clinton's victory speech in New Hampshire and is set to music that sounds straight of out NBC's The West Wing.

“Over the last week I listened to you and in the process I found my own voice," Clinton is shown saying. "You helped remind everyone that politics isn’t a game. This campaign is about people. About making a difference in your lives. It’s time we had a president who stands up for all of you.”

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • Nevada • South Carolina
  1. Susan

MY COMMENT IS THIS: WITH ALL YOUR YEARS OF EXPERIENCE....YOU ONLY FOUND YOUR VOICE NOW......I ASK WHY NOW? SEEMS RATHER SUDDEN DOESN'T IT PEOPLE? SHE IS SCARY...VERY SCARY....VERY VERY SCARY....GIVES ME CHILLS TO THINK OF HER AS PRESIDENT!

January 12, 2008 08:45 am at 8:45 am |
  2. Suma John

If politics is not a game, why did you vote for the masscre of innocent men, women and children in the middle east +Iraq?
    The blood of this innocent hand work of GOD will go after you all the days of your life.

January 12, 2008 09:10 am at 9:10 am |
  3. Kimmie

Re: Nicolas Smith

He is playing the race card. All this talk about making history...that's a race card. John Kerry's speech in S. Carolina about shattering the glass into pieces...that's a race card. Obama is not gonna comment about Clinton's word because first of all, it's not racist, and second of all, he wants to seem like he's above it all, while at the same time sending his surrogates out there to bring the topic up just to mobilize the African Americans. Tell me that is not a race card.

January 12, 2008 09:17 am at 9:17 am |
  4. JBH

COLLECTIVE THINKING OVER EMOTIONS.
    PROSE OVER POETRY.
    REALITY OVER FANTASY.

HILLARY CLINTON ALL THE WAY!

January 12, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  5. Cheryl

I am sick of the media taking shots and Hillary and Bill. No wonder she did not want to be interviewed by the media. This woman has benn tested like no other she is tough enough to face the mess Bush has left us with. She cares enough about women, families and underprivliged to do something. I am not black but if I was I would vote for someone who has proven she cares and will help. Not someone who is a great speach giver with not record. Maybe someday he can prove himself and then run, but for me I am voting for Hillary! I hope she wins and then we can see real change........a qualified woman as President! You go girl and you have my support and vote.

January 12, 2008 09:37 am at 9:37 am |
  6. Mark

Senior Bush; then Clinton; Junior Bush; Now ANOTHER Clinton !!!!! America stupid?

January 12, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  7. Mark

Senior Bush; then Clinton; Junior Bush; Now ANOTHER Clinton !!!!! America ?

January 12, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  8. Greg

For a woman to say that much about a woman (Could explain why she stood by a husband who treated her and other women so disgracefully over the past decades). Surely this is over the top.

I am a guy from Zambia in Africa who is a keen follower of American politics. I did some research on Mrs. Clinton as part of a school project.. I was really impressed with her work. Am surprised that a fellow woman would even go as far as refring to the issue of Mr. Clinton's Infedelity as a weapon against her. On her world affairs understanding she really beats most of the candidates. President Bush has messed up the world. good words wont work for a little while. If I were you I would somebody who would not try to pull troops out of Iraq before it stabilises. you are going to have to go back there sooner than you think cause iran will just take over and really wont mind a few training camps for future jihadists mind you there is a lot of hurt caused by the american invation and Jihadist who(even sudam barely suppressed) will need a much bigger cause. what would be better than the Giant America. There is nothing wrong with hope but you all need to be realistic. There arent that many Mandela's and Ghandi's in this world.

I really hope you vote for someone who understands the world. Go for Mcain if you have to. But what ever you do do not give the world another on–the-job -raining president..

January 12, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  9. Jose

FOR THE ECONOMY OF THE UNITED STATES HILLARY !

January 12, 2008 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  10. Melissa

I think it is all a pipe dream.

I am all for women's rights and equality, but I can't see Hillary's truthfulness in all this. It is all hype and more Clinton Politics designed by very smart political science majors.

Go for the substance!

Who is more qualified than Mitt Romney?

You wishful thinking democrats don't get it.....at all.

January 12, 2008 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  11. Concerned American

After reading these comments I felt I had to comment as well.
    What does a candidate's personal life have to do with what they can do for us as President? My answer is NOTHING! In my opinion Bill Clinton will go down as one of the best Presidents this country ever had.
    You know what I remember about the Clinton admistration?
    Yes , I remember the scandal, but more importantly I remember, plenty of jobs, great economy, no national debt, not having to worry about foreclosures, affordable gas prices, affordable heating oil & no war. America had a great image and we were respected as a country and nations respected our president and they still respect Bill Clinton now. Do you all remember the cheers and smiling faces when he traveled abroad? He still gets the same treatment now. That's what I remember, that's what I notice. Those are the issues facing us now. Do I care what he did in his private life? No. What he did and with whom, didn't take away from what he did for this country and what he did for the American people. We haven't had it that good in 7 years. What does what happen 8-10 years ago have to do with NOW? This is not about Bill Clinton this is about Hilary Clinton and what she can do for our country and for the American people. Everyone looks at the image of a candidate instead of looking at what a candidate stands for. Black/female? Who cares. Give me someone who can lead us into a better future, for us and for our children.

Yes, Sen. Clinton failed with her healthcare plan when she was first lady, but don't you think that as smart as this lady is, that she learned from that experience? What didn't work and what will work? If you talk to New Yorkers they will tell you that Sen. Clinton has done good things for them. In the same vain, Sen. Obama can't even be bothered to vote on issues that are important for his state. "Present" doesn't count as a vote in my opinion. I've gotten this information from family members living in these states.
    Sen. Obama speaks of "Change", but how can he make changes to our country when he hasn't made any changes to the state he represents.

Do you want someone who can lead us or someone what says he can? Until Sen. Obama can show me, not tell me that he can lead this country sucessfully into the future, I can't honesty support him. He hasn't proved anything to me. Yet.

Concerned American

January 12, 2008 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  12. john

Support you Hillary!

January 12, 2008 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  13. charlotte

Dear John, The former president was not impeached, the GOP tried to, but failed. No wonder with the Newts having there own little secrets. Also, google rezko, maybe you can become enlightened.

January 12, 2008 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  14. Jack

Hillary would not be where she is without her husband. She is no role model for the women of America as she is riding on the coattails of her husband and stuck with him even though he is a well know adulterer. The best hope for the Democrats and America is OBAMA. Bill Clinton will throw away any respect he has if he continues to use subtle racist attacks on Obama and that will be a shame.

January 12, 2008 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  15. Karen

Has anyone noticed Obama supporters have turned into blowhards like him? They go on and on and on and on and on and on. Neither he nor they can get enough of the sound of their own voices. I think they are trying to put Nobama's to sleep for the elections.

I saw some of Clinton in Nevada. No one is an illegal.... was frankly very disappointing to this candidate. I am tired of the Dem position on illegal immigration.

January 12, 2008 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  16. Tod McGinley,Sun City Center, Florida

It amazes me how scared men are to have a women in the White House! Did they ever stop to think that this may be the one person who can straighten out this mess we are now in or are they afraid to have this happen? Experience is still the most important factor to win this election. I can't believe some of the sarcastic statements that have been said by stupid men. Let's wake up before it is too late, & elect the right person. Go Hillary, & no matter what happens, you are still the best suited for this very important job.

January 12, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  17. Melody Smith

Our party has never been so divided ... I am sure the Republicans are replacing their dirty pages in their play book with these comments. I want a President who has the experience to do the job right now. We can't afford a learning curve plan and simple no disrespect to anyone. We are following behind the worst president in Americans history and we need someone with proven experience to get the job done. No learning on the job for this JOB....

January 12, 2008 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  18. Go Hillary

Re Obama - what's the point of electing a loud mouth (his voice just grates on me) who's going to get assassinated in 6 months? Really kinda dumb.

January 12, 2008 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  19. nadeem

Oligarchy: a form of government where political power effectively rests with a small elite segment of society (whether distinguished by wealth, family or military powers).

Great Definition and appropriate given where we are in Americas history.

On endorsements:

Hillary got most of here endorsements early on and therefore are not news, there is no bias here just poor timing on the part of the Clinton campaign. They announced their endorsements when no one was paying attention.

Red state democrats are leaning towards Obama. Why? They are tires of losing in their state and want someone who has a chance of carrying a red state. Even Hillary admits she can't do this.

Finally, Hilary is becoming more divisive by the day. He comment the other day in front of a large Latino crowd – "No woman is illegal"

Politically it will push away men, leaning republicans and lndipendants.

It is also starting a Gender War. America is divided enough we do not need a high ranking politician creating another fissure.

January 12, 2008 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  20. Mario

Hitlery just SHUTUP! what do you mean you found you own voice, it has never been missing you idiot femanist nazi witch! that is one of your many problems, you talk to much and eat way more than any of the other candidates you fat slob!

Nobody cares about you and your loser husband, you will lose becasue people are tired of your one tune attitude that went out years ago, your stuck in the past, so back to the pasture where you came from and shut the heck up!

Go Obuma!

January 12, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  21. Mario

IRON MY SHIRT! IRON MY SHIRT!
    Go Obuma!!

January 12, 2008 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  22. DPP

Former UK Prime Minister Margarette Thatcher famous quote should apply to everyday's life. At work, in business, and in politics: "If you want something to be said, ask a Man; if you want something to be done, ask a Woman". Are the women listening?

January 12, 2008 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  23. John S. Maine

Hillary Clinton scares my family seriously!

January 12, 2008 11:48 am at 11:48 am |
  24. Concerned American

To Jack-

Not a role model for the women of America? Who are you to make a statement like that? Are you a woman? Since Jack is how you signed this blog, I can only guess that you are not. If you are a woman, you can't speak for all women. They do have minds of their own and can speak for themselves. This presidential race is not about gender or race it's about who is going to lead us.
    Do you know how many adulterers there are in this country? Are you saying that no man or woman who commits adultery should be forgiven? No wonder the divorce rate is so high.
    Have you forgotten that JFK used to sneak Marilyn Monroe into the White House? Jackie stuck with him and I think everyone will agree that he was a wonderful president and Jackie was a strong woman. It takes a STRONG woman to stay with a man that has cheated on her. It's going to take a strong CANDIDATE to lead this country. Neither candidate has convinced me that they are the right person for president yet, but you can bet sex and race will not play a factor in how I vote.
    I don't care if our next president is Black or White, Male or Female. I want someone who will make our country strong again.

January 12, 2008 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  25. BobW

"If Obama wins the Democratic nomination, he will fail to carry a single sounther or western state. He will not be able to carry many midwestern states which will give the election to the Republican nominee regardless of who he is. Obama is simply too inexperienced to be President. If he is elected like George Bush was, he will make an equal mess of the Presidency."

Here we go...Hillary supporters equating Obama to George Bush. I suppose next they will insist he is really Idi Amin Dada's love child! Please people, use some logic along with your rhetoric and try to find some evidence to back it up beyond just your opinion.

As to Obama's granny living in poverty, I suggest people learn a little about the politics of the region. In relative terms, she is living as part of the upper class compared to the thousands of people living in the slums. In Kenya and throught Africa, only the ruling class is permitted to live in the lap of luxury.

January 12, 2008 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |