January 11th, 2008

Clinton launches new ad in Nevada and South Carolina

Clinton is up with a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina.
Clinton is up with a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Democrat Hillary Clinton launched a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina Friday that seems designed to show a softer side of the New York senator.

The 30-second spot called "Listen" features clips from Clinton's victory speech in New Hampshire and is set to music that sounds straight of out NBC's The West Wing.

“Over the last week I listened to you and in the process I found my own voice," Clinton is shown saying. "You helped remind everyone that politics isn’t a game. This campaign is about people. About making a difference in your lives. It’s time we had a president who stands up for all of you.”

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • Nevada • South Carolina
  1. Ginny Ca

To JohnS Your entire first paragraph is nothing but lies. They were dispicable lies generated by Republicans after Bush was elected; they were actually investigated and all proven to be lies. The Clintons took NOTHING out of the White House that didn't rightfully belong to them. As for the W's being taken off all the keyboards, that was the biggest crock of all. It NEVER happened!

I can't believe that after 8 years of an unelected, war-mongering, president, you are still spewing lies born of hate, spite, and desperation.

Why don't you educate yourself before smearing Clinton's record? If you have the acorns and the attention span, go to HillaryClinton.com and read about the accomplishments of her 35 years of public service. It is an astounding record of tireless work on behalf of children and the middle class. Her entire adult life has been dedicated to making life better for all Americans.

It is mind-boggling when you say "We put Bush in the White House because of his promise of morality, of restoring some sense of respectability to our presidency". Oh yeah, how'd that work out for ya'? We, and our children and grandchildren, will be paying for decades for the damage done by your sociopathic, amoral president who stole the White House and then swaggered around boasting that he had been given a mandate by the American people. Mandate, my foot! He didn't get the popular vote and had to rely on his daddy's appointed Supreme Court justices to hand him the first election. Diebold voting machines, closing voting precincts in poor, minority areas early, and directing many in heavily Democratic areas to the wrong precincts handed him his "reelection".

Some of the Republican lies may have worked once, but that ship has sailed and no one is jumping aboard again. The old adage still rings true: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

January 12, 2008 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  2. Ada

Nancy Pelosi would be the first female president, not this fraud. I used to like the democrats until I got to know the Clintons very well. I have never voted before, and I was considering joining the democrats someday. if the Cintons are what the democrats represent, then I will become an independent. This will give me the opportunity to choose someone I want, such as Mac over hill. The political style of the Clintons reminds me of those corrupt African leaders.

Obama08

January 12, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  3. DLH

Does anyone remember the Chris Rock movei "Head of State"????
    Just like in the movie, Obama supporters are falling for the "deceit by the government" –to further divide the party in hopes of electing another "Bush-like" president.

We now have an electable nominee in Hillary (and we get Bill again, as a bonus)!!!

Hillary you have my vote in 2008!!

January 12, 2008 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  4. Bill in Montgomery, AL

That's right, Hillary, time to drag out the friends and family so we can hear what a great, considerate, kind, caring, wonderful, passionate, outstanding, etc., etc., person you are. While you're at it, can we see the tears? Gosh, I think I'm going to cry just thinking about what a wonderful person your are. I also heard that there was no Mother Theresa, that that was actually you, in disguise.

January 12, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  5. Ada

All of you complaining about Obama grandmother. You have to remember Obama did not have much money until now. As an African , you have to achieve things for yourself before thinking of helping family at home. Else, you will always have nothing. Maybe after the election he would look into helping her.

January 12, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  6. PBCOLEMAN

Why don't we cut through the chase . . . The Republicans messes up royally over the last 8 years and now its time for Democrats to clean up the mess. Hillary and Barack should team up. I think there respective skills, intelligence and backgrounds would make a great partnership.

January 12, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  7. Bill in Montgomery, AL

Can someone tell me how long it's been since we last saw Hillary's tears? Time to bring them out, Hillary, so we can all see how compassionate and caring you are. Hillary, you and your husband are both fakes. Maybe after you loose the primaries, maybe both of you will just disappear from teh scene. I hope so!!!

January 12, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  8. Kevin Topeka, KS

I, as a Democrat, do not want another Republican as president. The true change in our country will occur when, and if, we have a Democrat president working with a Democrat Congress. We Democrats, and the country as a whole, wants and needs a Democrat in the oval office. We Democrats will lose this election, if these postings are any evidence. As Democrats, we have to step back and reason this out. It looks like our candidate is going to be either the first black or the first female to run for president. That's a big deal, an historic thing.
    The threats being made on this blog, supposedly by lifelong Democrats, that they will vote Republican or Independent if their chosen candidate is not the party's nominee, is infuriating. The only thing that will accomplish is insuring a Republican gets to the White House. Nominating the first black or the first woman is already a risky proposition. Is the majority of America ready to vote for that in a general election? Leave your racist or sexist leanings at home. Stand by your party's nominee or prepare for 4 to 8 more years of war, worldwide hatred of the US, a failing economy and a further declining value of the dollar.

January 12, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  9. chandra perera

change is a woman in the white house!

January 12, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  10. Diana from SA, Tx

I'm astonished at the level of hostility and animosity of many of the comments directed at Mrs. Clinton. As an American considering her for president I have been subjected to these same attitudes; however, when I ask for solid reasons behind these outbursts, I find most of these people are only repeating things they've heard not facts. Few are informed of her voting record, accomplishments and experience much less her goals for America's future. It would behoove all of us to spend some time educating ourselves on the candidates rather than focusing on the sound bite of the day. If you have use of the internet to voice your opinion, start first by using it to research the candidate instead of spewing your venom.

January 12, 2008 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  11. Mary Freeman

I had the priviledge of meeting Senator Clinton in Williamsburg a few years ago
    and I was very impressed with her total attention to me and what I had to say. I
    fully believe she is the most qualified person to be our President. Public life is so
    very difficult but she has handled herself in all aspects admirably in my opinion.
    I think she is the strongest and most experienced candidate and will represent all interest's of America's diverse population; mainly I TRUST her to do the job. She does not have to prove herself to me, I have observed her through most of her career and I have TOTAL belief in her.
    Stay strong Hillary and know a lot of people feel the same as I do!! Thank goodness!! We really need you for our President.

January 12, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  12. chandra

When Lou Dobbs goes on nightly about the wrongs of this country, he tells it like it is. Why are Governmental Officials not paying attention...act quickly to correct the issues. Instead ,they ignore the yelling and cries...of the people...Poor Mr. Dobb...he is what the governmental officials call "unfit" because he is "dead-on" right to voice his anger and disgust...too bad the Officials don't see it that way. Ms. C. Jugmohan

January 12, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  13. Mary

To Concerned American

The ex-presidents personal life does matter, he has shown a complete lack of honesty and intregity, as has billery. It matter a great deal. Please do some research on both of them.

January 12, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  14. Alice Black

Obama's plan for healthcare in this country does NOT cover everyone! Hillary Clinton's plan DOES. Look at the facts: Obama says he will work with insurance companies to ask them to make insurance more affordable (good luck in that), AND he says that once insurance is "affordable" (whatever that means), that everyone will just go out and buy it – even young twenty year olds with low paying jobs! Yeah, right. Last time I checked, most young people thought they were "indestructable", and would rather go out and buy a new flat screen TV, instead of buying health insurance. Obama shows a real lack of understanding of human nature, when he says that young people will all rush out and buy insurance, all on their own! The reality is that everyone needs insurance – because we ALL have to pay for the irresponsible people who refuse to buy their own insurance, once those people get sick (the hospitals raise OUR costs to cover those uninsured people.) People need to pay their fair share. Obama doesn't understand this basic principle – scary! That's why he needs more experience, and time to study issues, before he could even think about becoming president.

I've noticed that many people, especially young people who support Obama, have NO IDEA of his specific proposals – they are just emotionally swept away by his grandiose "bible revival" style speeches. We need more than just public speaking skills in our next president – we need someone who thoroughly studies problems, pays attention, and develops solutions to our country's complicated issues. We don't need someone who watches a football game in the middle of a national debate (Obama admitted to this during the debate in NH last week.)

January 12, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  15. Alice Black

My family (including my teen girls and my senior citizen parents) have met Hillary in person, and feel completely safe and comfortable knowing she will do the best for our country. My husband and I are both hard working middle class people, struggling for the last eight years under Bush, and we can't wait for Hillary to come in and clean up the mess our country has become.

Hillary '08!!

January 12, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  16. Jensen

Susan and John Maine – stop being drama queens! Think, don't just react.

January 12, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  17. b2008

That is a phony as a $14 dollar bill. PLEASE!

January 12, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  18. Alice Black

You can't change something until you understand what you are changing. You need knowlege, experience, and a real plan – not just a pretty speech.

January 12, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  19. magella

hillary get my vote she good for take care of all people and have a better help care than obama he has no experiance

January 12, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  20. Alice Black

Hillary '08!!

January 12, 2008 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  21. Alice Black

January 12, 2008 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  22. Ludia Charles

I have one question for the people who have dared comparing Obama Barack to Dr. Martin Luther King: what has he (Obama) done to deserve such honnor, rather than to read aloud, whatever was written for him , or maybe by him (with a little help) on a piece of paper? Dr. Luther King moved mountains and gave his life for the cause of blacks in USA. So, if you think that you deserve that honnor, then go ahead and run for Dr. King's seat in order to continue his work. We still need people with "a dream" to help us wake up from our many nightmares .

A black woman!

January 12, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  23. Deb

A perfect example of the media being anti-Hillary–at all costs. Last night I heard two pundits discussing how McCain has "learned" from his earlier position on immigration and adjusted his position accordingly. If Hillary, or onay Democrat "learns" and adjusts, it's called flip flopping. We can all learn and adjust according to the current problems-except, that is, for Democrats. Who want a president who can not process and forward and adjust a position accoridng to the needs of the country and the well-being of its citizens.

January 12, 2008 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  24. Erdy

Vote for HILLARY CLINTON NAD WIN USD. 10,000,000.00

January 12, 2008 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  25. Erdy

Vote for HILLARY CLINTON AND WIN USD. 10,000,000.00 Jackpot

NO VOTE FOR OBAMA BINLDEN BEACAUSE IF DO SO, WIN 4 YEARS OF UNCERTAINTY, DISASTER, PAIN AND RECESSION.

WE LOVE HILLARY AND WE WANT HER TO BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT.

January 12, 2008 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |