January 11th, 2008
1 year ago

Clinton launches new ad in Nevada and South Carolina

Clinton is up with a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina.
Clinton is up with a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Democrat Hillary Clinton launched a new ad in Nevada and South Carolina Friday that seems designed to show a softer side of the New York senator.

The 30-second spot called "Listen" features clips from Clinton's victory speech in New Hampshire and is set to music that sounds straight of out NBC's The West Wing.

“Over the last week I listened to you and in the process I found my own voice," Clinton is shown saying. "You helped remind everyone that politics isn’t a game. This campaign is about people. About making a difference in your lives. It’s time we had a president who stands up for all of you.”

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • Nevada • South Carolina
  1. Alice Black

FINALLY my comments from earlier were posted. Sorry for the repetition – my comments sat in the "moderation" pergatory for hours, long after other comments were posted, for some reason, so I reposted in attempt to at least get something up on the board. I've heard this has happened to a few other posters as well- especially if someone says something critical about CNN, or criticizes the article/author's take on an issue. If this continues, and looks biased, I'm sure that people will bring it to the attention of the local news, 20/20, or some other organization.

January 12, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  2. Anita

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Now this is what I feel about Obama and the people who think he is the better candidate. Well said MLK.

Clinton 08

P.S.
    Lou Dobbs only spoke the truth. Many of us feel the same.

January 12, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  3. John S. Maine

Hillary scares my family almost as much as the most Reverend Mike Huckabee does.

January 12, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  4. John S. Maine

The best ticket in 2008 Mike Huckabee and Hillary Clinton. Mike will come out of the closet any day know and show everyone he is a Democrat.

January 12, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  5. Concerned American

To Mary

Thank you for the advise and I have done my RESEARCH on both, thank you very much. I still stand by my opinion that the ex-president's personal life had no bearing on how he ran the country. Case in point...Bush has a squeaky clean personal life and he's run this country into the ground and is a liar. But heah, if you would rather have a squeaky clean president instead of a well lead country, I can see why we are in so much trouble.

Besides Bill Clinton isn't the one running for president. So unless he's done some thing illegal in the last 7 years, I don't care who he shares his bed or body with. He's a man.

A concerned American.

January 12, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  6. Concerned American

No disrespect to anyone on this blog.. some of you, I have notice are already doing it.

The Media is biased? No! I would never have guessed. The national cable news stations, I have noticed from speaking with people in my town, and reading these blogs are starting to P*ss people off. I don't even bother with them very often anymore. I come on here to read what is going on. I want informaton about ALL the candidates and all I'm hearing from the media is about Sen. Obama ...okay I have enough information of his "Change" already. What about the other candidates? So, I took it upon myself to research each candidate. I have learned more about them by doing my own research then by listening to biased reporting. I will not vote to accomodate the media... I will not vote based on gender...I will not vote based on race and I will not vote based on what the lastest trend might be. That's the problem with trends, they fade. I will vote on the best candidate I feel will be able to lead this country into a better future for this generation and the ones to come.

My advise to everyone reading this is to research each of the candidate until you feel you have all the information you need to your satifaction to vote smart and well.

A concerned American

January 12, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  7. lynn parker

No matter who gets the nomination for the Dems. I would not , under any circumstances vote for Obama(BO).

He may have been born in Hawaii,which was admitted as a state in 1959, just a short time before BO was born, but he is certainly not a true American. He has had two Muslin fathers and was educated as a Muslin. No thanks! Not interested in that background and past for President of our country (not his country).

Obama's Church does not allow White people to either belong to his Church or attend services. How can such an anti American bring the USA together for all people.

We have had enough sepratism with our Pres. (GWB) with his Nazi background, his wish to be Dictator and his religious beliefs that if you follow any other religion you are doomed . The man has done more harm to this country and the world, we do not need another president who is a bigot with a very shady past.

January 12, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  8. James Brown ( Independent )

The kind of experience that Hillary Clinton brings to the table is " more of the same or worse". She is a lightening rod for all that is wrong with Washington , and every time Bill opens his mouth , its another vote for OBAMA......."thank you Bill".

Obama has a track record of crossing party lines and bringing people together to find solutions , and SOLUTIONS is what this country needs.

OBAMA 08

January 12, 2008 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
  9. reasonable person

Obama supporters remind me of a bunch of people who have never voted or probably never will.....their are sort of like the idiots who are Oprah lovers....they probably even buy the books she touts on her show and gets a kickback from the authors!!!....it is quite scary.......wake up people....Obama doesn't say anything...there are no ideas behind his rhetoric.....and Nevada voters remember he was FOR YUCCA before he was against it....sounds a little like Kerry ...duh

January 12, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  10. Tracy

I'm voting for Hillary and nothing will change my mind.

OB = ROOKIE

HILLARY = WINNER

January 12, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  11. charlotte

I agree with Alice, who are the moderators?? All of these comments flying through the air must have at least created a job or two or some very overworked people trying to weed out the profanities etc.

January 12, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  12. S Logan

A year ago if you asked me who I would vote for I would say Hillary, but now I would definitely not vote for her! Obama has proven himself to be a true leader; even Hillary knows that Obama is the true agent of change as she follows his every move... “Copy Cat Clinton” should be her nick name!

January 13, 2008 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  13. Drdike

If Hilary wins democratic party primary, the democrats might as well forget white house because they will have no chance to win the white house. I bet the Republicans can't wait to see this happen. The only candidate the republicans are scratching their head on how to beat in general election is Obama.

January 13, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  14. leela

Hilary is such a phony, she can stand in a church and lie.

she is learning to be a human being at the age of 60!!!!!because she has lived 35 years as power hungry monster....i can't stand her when she lies.

January 14, 2008 12:07 am at 12:07 am |
  15. dine

Don't let the media fool you with the idea of the past. Past is experience. It is the understanding of life. Don't you value your past, your family, your grandparents. it stroke me to see how the media handle the fact that obama was focussing on hillary's look calling her an agent of the past. Well this agent from the past with her husband as president, gave us gave us height years of prosperity and peace throughout the world. There is nothing wrong from the past, as long as one can look ahead and adjust, accommodate and do as one sees fit for the good of the country. I know in my heart, i just feel it that hillary will make this country a great country again.
    Hillary will not be an agent from the past, but one for change. unlike others who use the word she will actually deliver because women always do. Like she says, in 92, it look a clinton to clean up after the first bush, it will take a second one to do the same job, only this time better.
    It amazes me that Americans focus so much in one's look to elect a president. They elect a president on the premise that he or she can seat and have dinner or a beer with them. It is simply ludicrous. You need a leader, a thinker, a doer, someone who can work his or her heart out. How can someone not see how she is more than ready to do the job.That would be so wonderful to see a woman in the white house because i would know for sure , and without a doubt that the clean up will be certain. Have you ever come to a messy house and suddenly you realize that their is no woman in that house. That is the difference between her and the rest democrat and republicans combine. She is the real deal. She is your girl.
    Hopefully on the upcoming debate, we have some good phrasing questions and the contrast will make known.
    For those who are undecided, step back a minute, forget all the negative press, the dirty tactics against her throughout the years, allow yourself to see through her. She is not as divisive as others portray he to be.
    Think of a family member or a friend, who have sacrified so much and had made a carrier by helping others, and here you are, having the ability and the opportunity to make a difference, what would you do? do you go with the one you like because he is smiling and tell you that he will make a difference or do what you think is wright and go for the competent one.

January 14, 2008 03:00 am at 3:00 am |
  16. dine

think of a family or a friend who has sacrified so much and had made a career by helping others finally put up her resume stands before you as she sees a position open and sick the position, wouldn't you give her the position. Let's face it she has a good resume. She is fit for the job, and on top of it she, to the contrary will unite to country, because, when she is against the wall that is when the genie come out, do not sell her short. There is no obstacles that she can't face because she has been through tough time, political and personal; thank God she had risen above it all because she is a strong woman. Some woman say that they won't vote for her because she stood by her man therefore she is not a role model. America, be open minded, beside, hers was just public; it was not the first one and i sure it won't be the last, you are just bound to have these kinds of behavior since you are dealing with people.
    Imagine if so many women had the courage to give their marriage another chance with the divorce rate so high i am glad she didn't take the easy way out; and for those who think that she stood by him for political reason she could have divorced him, reinvent herself and still run for the presidency; but her values dictated her otherwise you should accept that, beside, this is her life, her personal life nobody else's life but hers alone. I am sure so many of you had parent who were at the verge of a break up and urging them not to for your sake because you are convinced that they can work things out. Same goes for her, the only difference is that she is in the public eye and the media doesn't give it a rest when it comes to the clintons
    To women and men and the youngsters, help make history.
    peace.

January 14, 2008 03:36 am at 3:36 am |
  17. RealityCheck

The endorsement of the Culinary Union which has 60,000 members was won by Senator Obama. What a lot of the mainstream media is not reporting is the majority of this union is Hispanic working mothers– with birthplaces from like Mexico, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic. That is good news because THEIR VOICES WILL GET TO BE HEARD, AND THEY BACKED THE CANADIATE THEY FELT BEST REPRESENTED THEM. The BAD NEWS is that many of the hotels in order to respect this exciting democratic process are going to give these hardworking people the weekend off so they can have a chance to VOTE. LAS VEGAS HAS BEEN A POWERFUL ECONOMIC MACHINE BUT IT WOULD NOT BE A POWERFUL MACHINE WITHOUT THE PEOPLE THAT DO THE JOBS THAT SUPPORT THEM. The SUPPORTERS of THE CLINTON CAMPAIGN HAVE FILED A LAWSUIT TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING. It is a shame with ALL the power the Clintons have that they would try to silence the workers by doing something like filing suit. Hispanic Presidential hopeful govenor Richardson IS RIGHT TO TELL THE HISPANIC COMMUNITY TO RUN FROM THE CLINTONS. NOBODY WANTS THE CLINTONS IF THEY ARE SMART, HARD WORKING PEOPLE. THESE PEOPLE WILL CONTINE TO SPLIT THIS COUTNRY ON RACIAL, GENDER, AND ANY OTHER LINE THEY CAN FIND!!!

January 14, 2008 05:16 am at 5:16 am |
  18. justobserve

Hillary declared she found her voice at the New Hampshire victory speech and that voters remind "everyone that election is not a game".
    Really? So what was her voice during her 35 years of "experience"?
    Only she and her husband thought election is a game to play. Billary will spin whatever to get what they always wanted: the Presidency. Two terms is not enough for them. A third and fourth term Presidencies is their ambition to get at all costs.
    They use the gender card , the victim card, the race card,... whenever it suits them while complain whenever someone critisized them to shut them up.
    She includes Bill's Governor years and his White House years as her experience but didn't she deny she was Co-President before? Did THEY have any Governor's and President's experience before they became Governor and President? So their records show that experience was not needed in their case to win. You can only say you have "experience to be a President from day one" when you run for re-election which NONE of the present candidate does.
    Her ambition to be the "first FEMALE president" is now used blatantly to catch women votes. Is this the gender card or, according to her spin, the winning card instead? Different name, same card!

January 14, 2008 08:31 am at 8:31 am |
  19. Nelson

If you don't see the problem with another Clinton, then you deserve what you get.

So that you don't come with incorrect assumptions, I supporter Clinton 2 times. I guess you can say that I am a Democrat.

Hillary had 8 years in the white House and accomplished 0. She has recently discovered her voice after 35 years of experience and will spend the next 35 discovering herself, but you see that is "OK" so you say, most of you have 7 lives to live so you can trash this one.

The Clinton's have no moral compass perhaps they would like to borrow mine on the weekends. The 100's of thousands of death in Rwanda during the first black president "Clinton" is an indication of the lack of honesty; action is taken only when there something to gain or an ass to cover.

Experience, what about experience? The greats steps in Human evolution have not been achieved on the shoulder of experience. People who have changed the world have not claimed to have done so because they were experienced. The contrary is guaranteed, experience implies more of the same, thus you present the argument; you will do more of the same because you are EXPERIENCED in that.

Clearly, in a country with an history of 200 years you have had 10% of bush/clinton white house. I guess they believe that they have all the ideas. Granted English is my seventh language I am only fluent on six other and I am currently learning Chinese.

Obama is hope! Si se puede.

Mensage para todo los latinos: Mis hermanos favor de salir a votar, para Obama pues el es mas como nossotros y sabera defender los intereses nuestros, gracias.

January 14, 2008 08:45 am at 8:45 am |
  20. Ingrid Grupp

Concerned American-
    I totally agree with you !
    Most peoples jargon is a repetition of the press and is not based on information and knowledge of the canditates.
    Get informed ! People!

January 14, 2008 09:18 am at 9:18 am |
  21. Nelson

Hillary! so you are experienced because...?

Again I speak 7 languages, have bachelor in Mathematics, a Masters in Bio-System engineering and have lived in 4 continents in 6 different countries. I guess I am inexperienced. Hilary is not experienced, she is calculating.

If you cannot project your ideas in 8 years as wife of the president it's not now that it's going to happen.

To jay: yes they want experience as a manager after all there not looking for you to make changes. We want change! Honestly you can have it your way after all I am a citizen of the world.

Listen to me, Empires are like people they are born they grow flourish, and die. If America does not get new blood in it's leadership, we are doomed. Well honestly you more than me, I have for sometime invested overseas.

January 14, 2008 09:22 am at 9:22 am |
  22. Nelson

to : Abiskar,MA my friend if you don't know it by now then let me explain. The change that Obama stands for per my views, people first, people second, people always.

We have to defend the middle class, not that I am from such class but it is important that this social group the backbone of America does not fail. My six figure income will do nothing for my life style if you the middle class don't keep it together. I don't mind paying higher taxes so that the middle class can sustain this country. It is not my social class that makes this country great, this country is sustained by you the middle class.

Thus, I will tell you, not many of the individual who take trip's to Paris for a few hours of shopping (friends of mine) will admit that. They argue, if the middle class does not care then let them fail, "you should never cure a happy foul" let them continue to be fools for they are "happy fouls" but happy. Reality can be harsh.

America be wise.

January 14, 2008 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  23. Bud Young

In the democratic debate and Republican debate I would like to ask ....

Would you support the IMMEDIATE ALLOWING of uninsured to buy insurance thru

the FEDERAL EMPLOYEES HEALTH BENEFIT PLAN while congress and you

work on the finer details ?

January 14, 2008 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  24. Tony

Lets be truthfull, the Clintons don't care about hispanics, blacks, asians, or any other minority.. What they seek is power!! I'm an independant voter who'll be voting for either Obama or the republican cantidate. Clinton will never be president ,independants don't like her, republicans don't like her, she's just not inspirational..

January 14, 2008 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  25. Robert

Running this country is not a show business or a world of make believe. It is a serious matter that we should not be swayed by smooth talking /eloquent politicians who think that they can fool all the people all the time. The least this country need is another 4 years of mediocricy.

January 14, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |