January 21st, 2008

Schneider: It’s two against one – and Clinton’s not the one!

Is Obama the man to beat in South Carolina?
Is Obama the man to beat in South Carolina?

MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina (CNN) -
This debate clearly proves Obama is the frontrunner - at least in South Carolina. The other two candidates are teaming up on him, and it's a role he's not accustomed to in debates. Hillary Clinton has always been the center of attention. How things can change!

Related: Watch Edwards and Obama spar over their voting records.

– CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider

Filed under: Bill Schneider
  1. Lee

I was torn between Clinton and Obama before the debate. I came away though, VERY impressed by the only adult in the group, Sen. Edwards. He just has to step back, stay rational , and let the other two tear each other apart.

January 22, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  2. Rosanette Lind

I'm glad you are bringing out the dispute between Clinton & Obama. Personally, I'm sick of Hillary & Bill Clinton stabbing Obama from all sides. I feel very sorry for Obama. He doesn't need to say a word to Hillary when she begins jabbing. I think if he just stayed silent that she wouldn't have much else to say. She is changing what he stood for in the beginning. I believe the Clintons would do anything & I truly mean anything to be in the White House. I wonder just what their reasons actually are for wanting this so much. Quite honestly when the fall elections roll around if Hillary is on the ballot I'm voting Republican. I'm exhausted from it all.

Thanks for all your hard work with the issues,
    Rosanette Lind

January 22, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  3. PeopleWAKEUP!

It would be a DREAM for the Republicans if Hillary won the nomination. She's devisive, she can't bring people together and she's MORE OF THE SAME. If you all want a Republican in office AGAIN, then vote for Hillary. She will NOT win the general election, because she appeals to only SOME Democrats. The Republicans would not want Obama to be the nominee because he will unite this country and Republicans will vote for him. Republicans voted for him in Illinois, and he currently has the support of "red state" governors including North and South Dakota...PEOPLE WAKE UP!

Obama 08!

January 22, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  4. Mary

The SC debate clearly showed Obama inexperience. Finally more people realize that experience does matter most especially for the position as President. Hillary was clearly the one with detailed and knowledgable answers to the tough questions and issues important to the American public.

January 22, 2008 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  5. john

Go Obama go!!
    You are the only one running from outside the corrupted establishment, and the only one capable of bringing change to our country and our politics!!

January 22, 2008 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  6. Randy Gardner

I like edwards he keep his cool and thats what we need

January 22, 2008 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  7. Jack Toudeka

Hillary will never go back in the White House. Our country is not a dictatorial or a monarchy, or a kingdom Cliton-Bush. GO Obama GO. Go in the White House. The majority such Democrats, Republicans, and Independentas support you. GO Obama GO in the White House.

January 22, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  8. keithlyn

I love to see a woman being so strong, Hilary makes me proud to be a woman. during the dabate last night I could have follow what she had to say from start to finish, unlike Obama, everything he said that I understood, I had to question

January 22, 2008 11:35 pm at 11:35 pm |
  9. Joeseph

It's funny, the democrats have gotten REALLY divided here. I support Obama, but feel like Hillary is Bush or something. Odd, huh? Originally I supported her, but lost respect for her when she never complimented Obama, pretty much brushed him aside as a nobody and then went out and made inaccurate criticisms and tried winning on a policy of negativity and "getting real".

I don't know, I almost feel like I wouldn't be able to vote for Hillary in a national, even though I know I should for obvious reasons. Obama had better win here, I don't think she has a real chance of winning a national election. I'm a diehard democrat and feel this way, I'm sure a number of other folks do too. More frustrating, she would probably never even give Obama the VP, because she can't stand being outshined by a charismatic leader like that.

This is the attitude that frustrates me, she walks in there like she already is president and is infuriated that anyone would try to take that away from her. IF she does get the nomination she had better give him VP, otherwise forget it.

If Obama gets SC, I think he could do well on Super Tuesday and hopefully take the nomination.

January 23, 2008 02:06 am at 2:06 am |
  10. Angel

It clearly proves, that Obama has no real program..."Bill Clinton" or "I'm a victim" are his only words to defend his candidacy...It's not enough. In politic, you shouldn't judge people on a color or a gender.The most important thing is what they propose and how they explain it.
    I like Hillary Clinton not because she's a woman, but because she has more than a dream to give, she can make it...

January 23, 2008 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  11. Tim C.

Hillary can't win !!!!!!!!!! -Vote OBAMA..

February 4, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  12. Tim C.

Hillary can't win in November !!!!!!!!!! – Vote Obama.

February 4, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |