WASHINGTON (CNN) – Politicians make a lot of ambitious election-year promises, but Thursday night, Barack Obama is making a few he might have some trouble keeping: if elected president, he’ll rename the tenth month of the year "Barack-tober" and choose Oprah Winfrey as his vice president.
The Illinois senator floats these and eight other "campaign promises" tonight as he counts down the daily Top Ten list on "The Late Show with David Letterman."
The most recent in a series of candidates to yuck it up on a late-night talk show, Sen. Obama will also propose putting Regis on the nickel and appointing Mitt Romney "secretary of lookin' good."
In the pre-taped segment of The Late Show, Obama warned Letterman not to try to "muss [his] hair," like the talk show host did to John Edwards when he appeared on the show Tuesday.
–CNN Associate Producer Rachel Streitfeld
Full list after the jump
"Barack Obama Campaign Promises"
10. To keep the budget balanced, I'll rent the situation room for sweet sixteens.
9. I will double your tax money at the craps table.
8. Appoint Mitt Romney secretary of lookin' good.
7. If you bring a gator to the White House, I'll wrassle it.
6. I'll put Regis on the nickel.
5. I'll rename the tenth month of the year "Barack-tober."
4. I won't let Apple release the new and improved Ipod the day after you bought the previous model.
3. I'll find money in the budget to buy Letterman a decent hairpiece.
2. Pronounce the word nuclear, nuclear.
1. Three words: Vice President Oprah.
barrack will be good a vice president but hillary being president will be an open door to terrorist and having a republican as president , well i'll be that the economy goes down
Ron Paul? Voting records? Research? READ.