January 25th, 2008

Florida senator to endorse McCain

(CNN) - Sen. Mel Martinez of Florida will endorse his Senate colleague John McCain for the Republican presidential nomination, the Arizona senator's press office said Friday.

Martinez is a Cuban-American who immigrated to the United States at age 15.

Filed under: Florida • John McCain
  1. Patty D.

Out of all of the Republican candidates, McCain is the only one I would vote for. Unless the neo-cons chew him up and spit him out. I think McCain is the only one who has a shot. But he is constantly at odds with the party's establishment. Just listen to Limbaugh. Good Luck McCain.

January 26, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  2. Jane

Remember the war hero Bob Dole, Purple Heart WWII vet back in 1996?
    The Dems and the media loved Dole in congress just like the dems like McCain in congress. However being liked by Kennedy and Feingold in congress and a war vet will not win against the Clintons or Obama/Oprah.

The Florida primary is Republican-only. That's a roadblock for McCain. McCain won in NH and SC because of liberal independents. Romney is winning the Republican base.

January 26, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  3. Michelle

Everyone with any political savvy and experience knows that national polls are garbage. Just ask Giuliani where he was in December. They're highly influenced by the spin of the day of the MSM. They're often far too small to be statistically significant.

Mitt does not owe anyone (lobbyist) any favors for giving him money. Mitt is a Washington outsider unlike McCain so think about who really wants McCain to go against the Clintons. The answer is the dems, the media and the lobbyist.

January 26, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  4. Sensible, Cape Coral, FL

SCOTT: If you don't approve of abortion, then DON'T have one.

January 26, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  5. Daniel ~ Longview WA.

What is Mel doing?

McCain is as liberal as they come, as is Rudy and Mitt.

Huck is a theocrat.

That leave only one true conservative republican in the race, someone who will uphold our constitution, stop the wars, build up our borders with real security, dismantle the IRS and the FED, and give the country back to US.

I don't even need to say his name, you know who I'm talking about.

January 26, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  6. Jay

I can't believe anyone who is Cuban or Latino would be a republican. That party just wants to cut those people out of society with all these laws and fences. If those ethnic groups can't see that, perhaps they don't care about their future here.

January 26, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  7. Daniel

MCCAIN – "I want to stay in Iraq for 100 years! That would be fine with me!" I want more of our brave young men and women to be in harms way to cover all of the lies this war is based on!

ROMNEY – "I did not say a specific date, I've never said that." well, maybe a date but not a specific one!

MCCAIN – I want to stay in war! War War War! I want to go to Iran and/or Pakistan next! I am the candidate who can get the job done! And besides, I've been in Washington forever, and I owe it to my companie....I mean my country to stay the course!

ROMNEY – No, I am the candidate who can get the job done. I know how to keep this going so everyone can have the econimic benefit of WAR! Just give me that apology!

MCCAIN – I can kill more of "them" than you can, and faster!

ROMNEY – No you can't, I can. I have experience delegating to alot of people!

Secure our borders. No amnesty or birth right.
    Expansion and prosperity through peace and commerce.
    Go back to the gold standard.
    Smaller government.
    You take control of your own life.
    Honesty. Integrity.
    More military donations than any other cantidate.
    A 20 year record of voting through the lens of the Constitution.
    Applauded by Lou Dobbs, Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, Tucker Carlson, John Mayer, John Rogan, Peter Schiff, Don Luskin, Norma McCorvey (Jane Roe), Jack Cafferty, Stephen Colbert, Jay Leno, and thousands and thousands more.

Does that sound like McCain or Romney to you?

I didn't think so.