January 26th, 2008

Exit polls: Obama wins late deciders

(CNN) - The drama of the past few days seems to have benefited just one candidate: Barack Obama.

More voters who made their decision anytime in the past month – including those who did not pick a candidate until Election Day - voted for Obama than the combined total of those who went for Hillary Clinton and John Edwards, according to CNN exit polls.

– CNN Associate Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand

Filed under: South Carolina
  1. Feed up

I am glad to see that Senator Obama is handling under-cuts and racial slurs, by the Clintons in a mature way. I think that mature manner which he is handling the situations has lead too his success, in winning South Caronlina and Iowa. I believe that if he conitnues handling these racial put downs he will be successfull in winning other major primaries.

January 26, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  2. Renee, IL

It is such a shame that we in America still discriminate against women when Hilary is working twice as hard to win in a man's world and the men dominated media along with the other women who are prejudiced against their own sex are fueling the fire . It should be a matter of pride that she is an intelligent woman who can really lead the world but we women are blind to it.

January 26, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  3. young leader

I feel that the poll in SC shows everyone in this country want a change from the "old style" politics that Hilary has shown so beautifully. I as a voter am happy to see that there is a candidate that will stand by his conviction with grace and maturity.

January 26, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  4. Deborah A Barnhardt

OK, so Barack Obama won South Carolina. Wow!!! That does not mean that he won the whole thing. Jesse Jackson won South Carolina back in the day and did he win the Presidency? I think not.

Seems to me that each state is going to be special for each candidate in this presidential campaign. As time goes on, we shall see who reigns supreme. Congratulations to Senator Barack Obama.

I am a Hillary Clinton supporter and sorry for all the supporters of Barack Obama, but there is just something about him that I do not trust. Call it a gut instinct or woman's intuition, but there is something there and I'm afraid that something will come out about this gentlemen in the very near future, which will derail his campaign.

Ciao!

January 26, 2008 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  5. Averageman

Mr. Obama seems steady on his feet, a man on a mission, clear to all, and determined not to be dragged off course. As carefully as I listen to Mrs. Clinton, I don't sense a force for change. I sense only desperation for power, desperate enough to push the best interest of the country behind her and drag out her husband who let this country down hard, in itself an alarming example of bad judgement on her part.

January 26, 2008 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  6. jershom

What is it with Obama that voters think he can change America and even the world? Obama speaks with so much arrogance about CHANGE and HOPE. He has a vision, yes, but i just hope that if he wins, it will be delivered as he promised otherwise it will be another broken words from another so-so politician!

January 26, 2008 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  7. Anti Clintons

Gee, CNN is good to predict Obama won, what next global warming, it doesn't exist.

Obama!

January 26, 2008 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  8. James

Any one see the exit polls? Hillary on experience 83% Edwards 9% Barak Husein Obama 7%.

You people really want a person totally lack of experience running this country in one of it's lowest points due to Bush and company.

January 26, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  9. Eddie W.

WHO DO YOU TRUST? ASK THE GOOD PEOPLE OF SOUTH CAROLINA....THEY KNEW AND SHOWED IT.
    I CHALLENGE THE REST OF THIS COUNTRY`S VOTERS TO SHOW THE SAME
    TRUST LEVEL FOR OBAMA,,,,,

January 26, 2008 11:49 pm at 11:49 pm |
  10. v.cifaldi&paul

looks like he has the black vote...is he therefore a president "for all".....he certainly unified one group of people.

January 27, 2008 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  11. Sandy Eddy

James, you are as funny as Bill Clinton. Are you really so satisfied with what the experienced guys have done to our government?

January 28, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |