January 26th, 2008

Obama total more than top two GOP finishers

(CNN) – Registered Republicans outnumber Democrats in South Carolina. But in the state’s Democratic primary Saturday, presidential contender Barack Obama has 294,799 votes, with 99 percent of precincts reporting - more than the top two finishers in last week’s GOP primary combined.

Last Saturday, winner John McCain pulled in 147,283 votes. Runner-up Mike Huckabee captured 132,440.

–CNN Associate Political Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand

1. yoyo

We will see again Republicans , all those republicans who are saying they going to vote for Obama, Lets see the end in November, we going to have another 4 republicans years.

January 27, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  2. Vicki

Who's Behind Obama-Same speech each time with no real avenues of policy discussion. The blacks did not vote for our economic concerns, they voted to support the blacks–no problem but lets be real. The Kennedy's are now supporting Obama–no surprise there–they've been behind the scenes with Oprah since the inception. What better way to further their policies than support an inexperienced novice to further their ideology. He is a pawn for the ole money to use. Big–Big–Money, make no mistake, their are republican idiologies here, with a lot of smear tactics. Stop comparing John and Bobby Kennedy to Obama, he is not like the great ones....maybe in his speeches–his are definately motivational–only thing hes got going for him. Obama can and will be swayed by other powerful individuals–just wait it will be known to the country's dispair. Additionally–take away all of the news media, the Oprah's, the Kennedy's and other endorsements, just the candidates–who would win? Make no mistake, Hillary hands down. Wake up people–who is really running, Oprah or the Kennedy's. Does CNN report the Obama tactics against Hillary–no, and why?????? Hillary cant be swayed by powerful individuals, she stands behind her policies–not sure what Obama stands for–but do know that he's got some heavy backers who want their policy ideas, both reprublican and democratic to become a reality.

January 27, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  3. josh 7911

The Rupublicans are going to go down hard!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha! Down with the GOP!!!!!!!!

January 27, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  4. nell

Let the Republicans vote for whomever they choose.
    The Dems and the Independents will carry Obama into the Whitehouse!

Bill Clinton had his chance – twice!

That's all we've had for the last 20 years!
    BushClintonClintonBushBush...Enough!
    No more Family Dynasties!

Why not vote for real change in November yoyo?
    He who gets the most votes will win!

It's time for hope and REAL change.

OBAMA 08 !

January 27, 2008 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  5. Patrick

Because the blacks came out in droves to help their brother Obama. Without Obama, they would still be hibernating, uncaring as in past Presidential elections, as to which white candidate would be the next President.

January 27, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  6. Rima

yeah thanks to racism at its best! 80% of Black vote, Oh please!

January 27, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  7. Jane

I don't have a problem with a women or a black person being president. I don't like Clinton because I am a christian and she stands for everything the bible teaches. I believe in God and his word. She should not be in office because she is not the person we need in office. She will make our country worse off than what it is. We should put our trust in God and Jesus because that is the right path to go down.

January 27, 2008 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  8. z

Obama may even put South Carolina into play!

January 27, 2008 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  9. Ibrahim

we need to vote for Edwards cause its the only way not to get another republican like bush as the president for 4 more years so everybody stand up and vote Edwards we can still do it and keep the democrate hope's of winning it all

January 28, 2008 02:14 am at 2:14 am |
  10. Jackie, Clearwater, FL

Congrats to you Sen. Obama! I just read the comment leaft by Kim from Dallas and I appreciate what she said! I have been voting for you since this race began. My spirit tells me that you're honest and I appreciate that you don't have any low blows for your oponents. I'm disappointed by the Clintons calling this a 'race' issue when Clinton himself was the person the blacks appreciated most. I recently learned about Gen Y and they nothing but the Truth and Honest and you have that! Not only is America READY for a Change, We're in NEED of a Change!!!

January 28, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  11. Linda L

I believe the Nation needs change and who better than Obama! I am Native American, and I will vote for Obama because I believe that he will instill change for the Nation. I have been following Obama since an honor student at West High School said that Obama was his hero last May.

January 28, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  12. Larry W

CAN PEOPLE TRUST ME TO DO MY BEST? AM I COMMITTED TO THE TASK AT HAND? DO I CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND SHOW IT? IF THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS ARE YES, THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN FAIL.

VOTE FOR CHANGE VOTE FOR OBAMA

January 29, 2008 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  13. Sam,South Carolina

Everyone wants a change and that what Obama is. Out of all the years of voting. This is the very first time that I followed the campaigne from the beginning! I'm very exicited and always engage into what Obama have to say. My spirit just agrees with him. IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 29, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |