January 30th, 2008

What do you think of tonight's GOP debate?

CNN is set the Republican presidential debate.
CNN is set the Republican presidential debate.

We want your real-time reactions to what the candidates are saying. Do agree or disagree? Who's making the most persuasive arguments? Who's dodging the questions? What would you ask the candidates? Sound off on the CNN Political Ticker.

Filed under: Uncategorized
soundoff (2,573 Responses)
  1. Allan

Worst debate ever. I am surprised Anderson Cooper receives a salary for what he does. Pathetic.

January 31, 2008 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  2. Josh

Im tired of this bullcrap, Romney blows, Huckabee is a great a powerful wizard who wants you to pay no attention to that man behind the curtain, Mcaine, honestly do i need to say anything about him? Im tired of hearing the same crap from the same people, LET RON PAUL SPEAK!!!! VOTE RON PAUL!!!!!

January 31, 2008 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  3. Snippy

I agree with the majority of comments on here...Anderson Cooper did a "P" poor job...and I thought FAUX NEWS was bad...The rudemess shown to Dr. Ron Paul was disgusting to say the least.....thank goodness Huck spoke up or I think that end of the stage would have been forgotten completely...I do hope people get a clue and see whats going on here...by the response on here I sure hope so...you don't have to vote for Ron Paul but for goodness sake lets hear what the man has to say so we can make up our own minds...

January 31, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  4. earl

what a farce,anderson cooper promised paul a response,and never gave it..
    why cant all canidates have equal time? isnt that what a debate is?

January 31, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  5. Dano

CNN is censoring our comments now too.

January 31, 2008 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  6. Joy

Are you still moderating my comments from last night? And why? Approx. 9:30 P.M. I see you allowed my smaller comment and the longer one wasn't nearly as long as some you have posted. This happened the last time I wrote.

January 31, 2008 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  7. Liz

I thought there was supposed to be 4 candidates in this debate? I pretty much only saw 2. The 2 that like to sling mud. So when will the other 2 get their debate? You know the 2 that care about the issues not just who they can beat on.

January 31, 2008 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  8. Dano

VOTE AGAINST THE MEDIA. VOTE RON PAUL

January 31, 2008 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  9. Dano

If the American people do not see that therring media is steering us to 2 candidates then I am ashamed to be American. Wake up Sheeple.

January 31, 2008 11:43 am at 11:43 am |
  10. Eric, Los Angeles

Obviously, whichever candidate the media ignores the most is going to be the BEST candidate for America.

That means Ron Paul is the best man for the job, hands down.

Is this CNN or is this FOX? I cant tell with the way they anointed McRomCainney.

January 31, 2008 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  11. Daughter of the American Revolution

Wake up AMERICA> Think about what kind of world we are creating for our children and grandchildren. Pray about the candigates and vote your conscience. McCain is just like our current president. War and more War 100 years.....

January 31, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  12. Adam

I was very disappointed with CNN last night. Anderson Cooper was extremely disrespectful towards Dr. Ron Paul by repeatedly cutting him off. I used to think CNN was more fair than stations like FOX News, but I see now that I was wrong. Looks like I'll be watching Super Tuesday results on MSNBC.

January 31, 2008 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  13. Vicki

I am flabbergasted at the blatant censoring of and straight out rudeness to Ron Paul. The man has more guts for tolerating that kind of treatment than any other candidate could possibly endure. Yet, he continues to be a gentleman, never attacking, and never changing his stance on the issues instead of saying what he thinks people want to hear as all the others do.

January 31, 2008 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  14. RAY RHODES

I can sum it up in one word ! Pathetic.

January 31, 2008 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  15. nancy

I am disgusted and appauled at the way Ron Paul was ignored. He is a man among arrogant boys!!!

January 31, 2008 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  16. Creampuff

It was a charade and showed just who they want people to vote for. It was unfair and not very professional. I will boycott CNN if they don't get more equal in it's coverage of ALL candidates.

They removed my previous identical post, they must hate the Constitution just like Bush does.

[What's the matter free speech, not in your vocabulary?]

January 31, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  17. Ray

Disgusting display of bias journalism. "I promise" huh Anderson, I never thought CNN could be worse than Faux, but I guess I can always be wrong. Poor sheeple, they will get what they deserve.

January 31, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  18. Kit Maira

We have seen some terrible debates, but the CNN debate last night was by far the most worthless. Anderson Cooper was about the worst "moderator" I have seen. He was especially rude to Ron Paul, cutting him off on several occasions, then promising that he would get time to talk about the issues "in two minutes, no two question" that never came. Meanwhile he allowed McCain and Romney to dominate the whole 90 minutes with meaningless drivel. Huckabee actually came off the best I have seen him, yet Cooper purposely excluded him from most of the debate as well. I don't see why Anderson Cooper even has a job on CNN, he is that bad.

January 31, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  19. drew

let paul speak

January 31, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  20. jimmy

yeah CNN deleted alot of my comments...like the one about why so many people on here are for RP...they are the only citizens out there that are smart enough to see through the sleaze presented to us by the puppet lapdog media and know who is best for American Freedom and the ending of the deceit required to bring on the NWO!

January 31, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  21. Chris

Please. Don't try to insult us with your farce of "letting Ron Paul speak". We know it was not aired to people who need to see it. You, instead, spoke to the choir and made yourself look even more like a farce and a joke.

I hope you enjoy the U.S. you leave to your family, children and loved ones. The one man with true integrity, honor, and an answer to the problems we are facing..you black-out.

Thank you so much for sensoring our comments. I am very happy to know we still have a First Amendment. Enjoy the world you have helped create.

February 1, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  22. curttwo

Go ahead and keep on ignoring Ron Paul.
    Rudy snickered at him and look where he is now.
    It will be too late when the "sheeple" of America realize how right Ron was.
    Just like when Ross Perot talked about NAFTA back in the '90's.
    Will we wake up before it's too late?

February 2, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  23. Daria

Shame on CNN and Anderson Cooper. There are 4 people on stage, not 2 candidates. I'd like the opportunity to hear from ALL of them – the media should not be in a position to make my decision for me.

February 4, 2008 06:29 am at 6:29 am |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103