January 31st, 2008

Bill Clinton takes on heckler

CNN

Watch Bill Clinton take on a heckler Thursday.

(CNN) - Bill Clinton engaged with a heckler head on Thursday at a Denver campaign stop.

The former president had just begun his speech when a man began to shout about 9/11 conspiracies.

As security attempted to escort him out, Clinton stopped his speech, saying, "What are you screaming about? Let him talk."

"Are you one of those it-was-an-inside-job guys? Let me tell you something…I let you be rude and interrupt me, scream at the top of your lungs. 9/11 was not an inside job; it was an Osama bin Laden job with 19 people from Saudi Arabia," Clinton continued. "They murdered 3000 Americans and others foreigners, including over 200 other Muslims. And we look like idiots, folks, denying that the people who murdered our fellow citizens did it when they are continuing to murder all around the world. So we heard from you: you go away."

Filed under: Bill Clinton
  1. Some Truth

While the response is a good one from Clinton...please note that it is from Bill and not Hillary! Fred from Reston states "Clintons" – there is only running for president and it is not the one that gave the answer to the heckler.

January 31, 2008 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  2. My America

This is just a plant so that it will draw the media in his favor. The Clintons are so calculating. We have seen planted questions from you before, now it is a planted heckler. Is the media ignoring you? Will do anything to get back into the Whitehouse. God Forbid –

January 31, 2008 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  3. Aj

i know the truth ppl this was just a sly remark about his campaigning antics when it comes to Barack Obama.

January 31, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  4. Dave Powell, NY

Actor Bill has come again, this time even more desperate. I feel ashamed of this president.

If they force their way on democrats and get elected, I will join with the republicans in bringing all their scandals out again. For months, it will be adultery news all over the media.

Shame on the Clintons !!

January 31, 2008 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  5. Conservative Observer

Hmn funny another "incident" at one of their rallies. Sounds a lot like the incident before she won NH where they had to planted individuals shouting "Get back in the kitchen" or something of that sort.

When will the Clintons stop with dirty politics and planted scandals to get some TV air time?

Personally I'm not too happy with the selection I have in the Republican party and would vote for Obama if he wins your nomination. But if you guys make your ticket have anything to do with the Clintons, even Ron Paul looks a great candidate compared to her.

I'm sure I'm not the only fellow conservative who feels this way. A Clinton nomination will for sure mean another Republican in the white house. Something I don't want to exactly see happen, my party needs to be in the dog house for straying away from the basic conservative economic principles that is a corner stone of the party or atleast was.

January 31, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  6. B, Atlanta

Way to go Bill. Good job

January 31, 2008 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  7. Jeremy Johnson

Good for President Clinton. The man was a good President and will make a great First Lady.

January 31, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  8. proud democrat

'First Gentleman Clinton" – Yeah!

January 31, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  9. Alice in Florida

California – I LOVE your comment!

"Break out the kool-aid and popcorn, here come the Obamabots."

I am REALLY laughing out loud! OMG, that is too funny!!!!!!

Thank you!

January 31, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  10. Robert

This "heckler" was a Clinton plant to make him look "Presidential" and patriotic. Wanna bet?

January 31, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  11. karenSub

I agree, way to go Bill. Shows he REALLY HAS SUBSTANCE. I agree with illinois voter that Bill's response gently pointed out the demographic advantage in SC, an inescapable fact.But of course the press villified that along with the fairy tale remark. I can't believe the total non-reaction from the press on the beauty contest remark by the Obama camp. I am not even a feminist, but even I thought it was an awfully sexist remark.

January 31, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  12. mbgoldie

Thank you "Illinois Voter." That is EXACTLY how I feel and I'm sure many others feel the same way. I'm sick and tired of the media lambasting Bill Clinton for every speech or comment he makes and the media turns it around and criticizes him at every turn. Keep up the good work Bill!

January 31, 2008 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  13. Uh...Yeah

Does he also get in arguments with homeless people walking down the street in NY? How about people with tourette? Nice that a former president is making such productive use of his time.

January 31, 2008 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  14. Scott, Royal Oak, MI

I don't know if it's possible to spin this against Hillary. It was extremely well-handled by Bill.

As long as he's not distorting facts and taking cheap shots, he is a tremendously intelligent politician. I have (had) always had a great amount of respect for his abilities.

We must remember, though, he's not running for president...

January 31, 2008 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  15. Angela

I know why people don't like Clintons, they ruffled too much the rich and powerful on the republicans side when they were in the White House.

I say you go guys, I like the Clintons. They do care about ordinary people, they remeber where they came from.

January 31, 2008 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  16. Anthony M

Sorry Rick, the previous post was for Fred, Reston VA

January 31, 2008 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  17. MN Independent

This has nothing to do with Obama, yet everyone here has automatically some how blamed him for it, or claimed it shows Hillary's superiority. How in the world does this show the Clintons' superior command of the issues? What issues?!?! What "substance" did he bring? That 9-11 actually happened? Geez, that takes a real brainiac to articulate. The drunk dude down the street says the same thing all the time, does that mean he has a superior command of issues as well? Maybe I should write him in on my ballot. If Bill actually articulated something about 9/11 and its relation to current policy, fine and good, but he didn't!

If anything, to me this just illustrates how the Clinton supporters who post will jump at anything to tie something negative to Obama, regardless of what it is, or if it is relevant. Quite frankly, its pathetic.

January 31, 2008 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  18. undecided

I like Clinton's direct response to the "heckler" – we need to face facts: The Osama bin Ladens of the world are the real threat/danger, not our flawed democracy which, by the way, is the best form of government in the world!!! First in opportunity FOR ALL, first in "safety nets" FOR ALL, first in freedoms FOR ALL.

January 31, 2008 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  19. Carrie

I am soooooo tired of Bill Clinton!

January 31, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  20. Bill, Covington,LA

I have never and will never vote for a Clinton, but, in this instance I will stand behind Bill Clinton, he was correct in putting down the heckler. Those people are either sick or al quida wannabees. I would remove them from the area then dispatch them to meet the 72 virgins. Problem solved!!

January 31, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  21. kw

By the way Colorado is the home to one of the groups that believe 911 being an inside job. Being in New York on that horrible day and seeing how Hillary responded is the reason I will support her. Thank gog we have leaders like her that lead by actions.

January 31, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  22. Pope

Call me a cynic, but this heckler might be a plant staged by the Clinton camp to restore Bills fading image. Fair or unfair, I just don't trust the Clinton's with nothing they are way to calculating and think every other person is stupid.

By the way, they have planted folks in the audience in this campaign

January 31, 2008 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  23. Southern Girl

Thank you! Bill did what was right and good! I'm sure the Obama camp will spin this against Hillary...but hey they don't have any substance to talk about, so they need the spin!

Hillary '08...all the WAY!

January 31, 2008 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  24. ukd

Bill Clinton is the most popular democrat on the earth!!!! period!

Go Hillary!! Save America from the hypocrates!!

January 31, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  25. Xavier, Washington, DC

Why is it that every time some nut attacks one of the Clintons you Clintonites have to try and make some link to Obama. These nuts are everywhere. They even went after Bill Mahr. Hmm, maybe it's a Bill thing?

January 31, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |