January 31st, 2008

Bill Clinton takes on heckler

CNN

Watch Bill Clinton take on a heckler Thursday.

(CNN) - Bill Clinton engaged with a heckler head on Thursday at a Denver campaign stop.

The former president had just begun his speech when a man began to shout about 9/11 conspiracies.

As security attempted to escort him out, Clinton stopped his speech, saying, "What are you screaming about? Let him talk."

"Are you one of those it-was-an-inside-job guys? Let me tell you something…I let you be rude and interrupt me, scream at the top of your lungs. 9/11 was not an inside job; it was an Osama bin Laden job with 19 people from Saudi Arabia," Clinton continued. "They murdered 3000 Americans and others foreigners, including over 200 other Muslims. And we look like idiots, folks, denying that the people who murdered our fellow citizens did it when they are continuing to murder all around the world. So we heard from you: you go away."

Filed under: Bill Clinton
  1. Independent

Exactly. This is what I was about to say.

Karma, Hartford CT. January 31, 2008 3:31 pm ET
    I love how every time someone says something negative about the Clintons it must be some inside job by an Obama supporter. As if they are the only ones that could possibly dislike them.

January 31, 2008 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  2. dEE

President Clinton allowed the man to make a complete idiot of himself. Way to go Mr. Prez

January 31, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  3. PJ, NJ

Why was this given any coverage at all? I'd rather read an article about the substance of what he said instead of an article about how he addressed a heckler.

January 31, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  4. didnt mean to upset ya!

Ray,

You seem a littled perturbed...are you okay!

January 31, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  5. Patrick of Albany NY

I love that man.

January 31, 2008 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  6. John

Fred from Reston Va.

According to all your recent posts going back a few months you look like nothing more than a political Clinton hitman. You never mention anything substantive but just attack. Stop. Enough.

type – "Fred, Reston Va" into google and see for yourself.

January 31, 2008 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  7. mgleaso3

Sounds more like just a misguided individual who saw a crowd and an opportunity to get some attention for his "cause". I've noticed the Obama campaign hasn't said anything about it.

What they should be saying something about is Bill Clinton's Kazak connection – he was even undermining Hillary with that mess while it was happening. She had signed a letter decrying their leadership role and at the same time ol' Bill is over there practically offering it to them. (And then snagging $31M for his Foundation!) More of that "sleaze factor".

Obama '08

Yes We Can!

January 31, 2008 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  8. Darth Vadik, CA

You will not rattle Slick Willie OK.
    So people just get that out of your heads.
    That crap that happened a week ago with Obama, it may have backfired but you can be sure that Bubba had planned it out before.

The reason it backfired is because we are Deomcrats, we don't put up with Rovian politics, however, agains Republicans they are golden. If Hillary gets the nomination, I can't wait.

January 31, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  9. Dave C - N.J.

BILL IS NOT RUNNING FOLKS!

Let me ask...
    If Bill vanished, would you still vote for Hillary?

Didn't think so.

January 31, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  10. tennessee

This heckler sounds like an inside job. Inside the Clinton camp, this seem so staged.

January 31, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  11. m. campion

Is that the reason Clinton did nothing to get Osama? It seems that it really matters to him!

January 31, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  12. Harry O

Rex, you sound like Rupert Murdoch! I bet that is you, Hey Rupert!

January 31, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  13. Leonardo

Let us not forget. It was Bill Clinton's impeachment that gave us 8 ruinous years of George W. Bush and Dick Chaney. Triangulate that one.

January 31, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  14. quietstorm

Its crazy how democrats cant understand the historic nature of this campaign and that black people with there crab state of mind hate to see a black person make it in life , its that same state of mind that blame the white people for everything and now that you have a black man that is good enough to be president , can unite the country , you want to support someone who doesnt have real expreience except for riding the coat tails of her cheating husband for years. Can you please explain to me what expereince Hillary has over Barack. You people really need to grown up and get a life . I Obama gets the nomination and you vote republican then for the next fours years keep your mouth shut while the country goes further and further in mess. As for me and my house we are voting for the Best person since JFK and thats Obama!

January 31, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  15. Son

Why would someone from the Obama camp send a 9-11 conspiracy theorist to a Clinton rally with Bill Clinton?
    No. Some people are ridiculous. Remember in 2004 when 9/11 conspiracy theorists tried to run ads right before the general election?
    Yeah...nothing wrong wanting to believe it was really a conspiracy, but it was OBL all along. It was good for Clinton to call the guy out.

Obama in 08!

January 31, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  16. ABB

"it's a plant!...it's a plant! it's a plant!"........you Clinton haters are just sounding foolish now. It's all been said, nothing new here....except, why are SO many voting for Hillary??....I've got nothing against Obama, I feel he would make a good president...I do have problems with some of his hateful followers, though.

January 31, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  17. ukd

no to clinton – I honestly disagree with your opinion. If you had enjoyed the prosperity of 90's under Bill's presidency, you wouldn't be labeling him "notorious".

January 31, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  18. disgusted

I can't believe people are saying it's an Obama supporter. Actually the heckler sounds like someone who may be into Ron Paul and their Revolution video.
    It's not like it's just Obama supporters that can't stand the Clinton's, actually most who are NOT supporters of the Clinton's, cannot stand either Clinton.
    Change is not the 90's
    Change is not a political dynasty

January 31, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  19. Paul

I'm tired of the Clintons.

I'm tired of the Bushes.

I'm tired of long-time Washington insiders running this country like they own it.

We need change.

January 31, 2008 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  20. Will

ALL Policies help some and hurt some. No president can keep everyone happy.

1I would prefer a scandal full glory days of the 90's

VS

2)Scandal free, "likable" , charming", "values man" term of Bush

I want a president not a preacher. A good "inspirational" speaker cannot make a good president nor a good leader.

in obamas California ad's he talks about "hope and "faith". Even after a year of campaigning I still dont know what his plans are.

Hillary 08.

January 31, 2008 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  21. veronica lynne

Atta boy, Bill! That was great!
    GO HILLARY!!!!

January 31, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  22. Jay

Cant believe people are saying it was an Obama supporter either. Get real, people.
    I support Obama completely, but that retort made me remember why exactly I like Bill Clinton 🙂 Still not voting for Hillary though ; we cant elect the first woman president just because we want her husband back in the White House, can we?

January 31, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  23. Taunton, MA 02718

I agree with Fred, Reston Va...I will be doing exactly the same and I am a black also..........although I am a registered democrate but I will vote for McCain if Obama get the nomination

BPS

January 31, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  24. aa

I think Hillary Clinton will win. The immigrants, the Latinos, Asians, South Asians and those from Arab countries will never vote for Obama. Between her and Obama, the military for sure supports Hillary. So are the various faith groups.

Trust me on this analysis...

January 31, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  25. Margaret

Kazak ??? Why are Obama's "followers" ingnoring the fact that Obama was given campaign money from a guy who was just arrested last week..and Obama couldn't get away with the lie he told about not being friends with him, because he had to give $80,000 dollars of his illegal campaign money to charity, trying to make the truth go away..and it worked..if Hillary had to do that, you guys would be relentless..
    I use the word followers intentionally, because many of you don't know what the word support means..also..Obama prides himself in the fact that a huge number of his followers are young voters..and I imagine it's you young voters who are making huge issues out of insignificant media trash..While Bill was running the country and Hillary was pulling New York out of the 9/11 crisis, most of you weren't even in high school yet...so while your still studying "elections 101" please listen and learn..
    Anyone who has the ability to be objective knows that what went on with Bill and Kazak happens to be the way big money, big investers work..Bill Gates and Mr. Buffet are rare in the world of the weathy..atleast the money that was given Bill was used in his charitable foundation to help aids victims, etc. I haven't heard anything about Obama's charity efforts..ohhh wait..he hasn't done any..Don't be foolish enough to believe that Obama isn't courting any big money conglomirates..
    OH and by the way,,Kazak was BILLS doings, not his wifes..I bet half of Obama's young followers haven't even gone to Hillary's campaign site or gone to hillary,senate.org and read her record...part of elections 101 is doing your homework..

January 31, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |