January 31st, 2008

Schneider: A grown-up debate so far

ALT TEXT

Sens Obama and Clinton are avoiding the rancor of the recent Democratic debate in South Carolina. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)

The tone of this debate is far more sophisticated and grown up than the debate last night – perhaps in part because they realized that debate didn’t do any favors for the Republican candidates’ reputations.

They are aiming their attacks at the opposing party – not each other.

– CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider

Filed under: Bill Schneider
  1. Roger Haugen

I think last nights debate was much more productive than tonight[s. The Republican candidates are busy getting across to the voters who the real conservative is! Our economy is in big trouble and I credit this to the do nothing Democratic congress of 2007. They got the majority and did nothing except investigating their Republican counter parts for no apparent reasons! We truly need an astute and proven business man as President to get us out of the problems. Romney is the only one who can do the job!

January 31, 2008 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  2. Michael

They made me sooooooo happy to be a democrat....what else can I say!!!

January 31, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  3. Goke

check out Obama, he was so polite and gracious he even stood up and took back her chair

January 31, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  4. John

Finaly somone that can speak and make sense, I hope he will pick somone as good as him for a vice

January 31, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  5. Karla Moline

You are correct...it is a grown up debate, with the exception of the comments made by Wolf Blitzer trying to add sensational elements to the discussion. I, personally, am so tired of Wolf trying to say clever things, create scenes, grab the moment with his own "cuteness." DOes no one see how unhelpful this is to the political process. We (the people) are REALLY trying to listen and to evaluate these candidates. We need a moderator who will moderate, not try to create issues.

January 31, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  6. Bill B

I thank god that one of these two will be our next president.

January 31, 2008 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  7. ROODY

Thank you Wolf for exhibiting true Journalism. There are not many like you in the media, so I would like to express admiration and gratitute for doing an exceptional job for the American People.

January 31, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  8. Teresa

Joe, I am on the same page. I was so proud it brought a tear , Just the plain truth about the issues.

January 31, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  9. Aida

Mr.Schneider if not one of my comments appear...I will loose all respect for your opinion and will see the BIAS that a non Journalist posses. So be it.

January 31, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  10. Bob, Florida-RFO

That was an excellent debate for both Hillary and Barack!

Win – Win for America!!

Go Barack '08!

January 31, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  11. tina

c'mon, get real people! you can tell who will really make a better president.
    O for Obama? I'd say O for overrated ! Hillary is the man.. err... woman for the job!

January 31, 2008 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  12. barbara

Would it be a good idea to send a woman to deal with countries that hate women ?

January 31, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |