February 1st, 2008

Oprah back on the trail

Oprah last campaigned for Obama in early December.
Oprah last campaigned for Obama in early December.

(CNN) - Talk-show host Oprah Winfrey is set to headline a Barack Obama event in Los Angeles Sunday, two days before Democrats in California and 21 other states head to the polls.

The event will mark Winfrey's return to the campaign trail two months after the media mogul stumped for the Illinois senator in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, drawing record-breaking crowds and heavy media coverage.

Obama's wife Michelle and Caroline Kennedy will also attend the event, though the Illinois senator himself is scheduled to be in Delaware that day.

– CNN's Chris Welch contributed to this report

1. California voter

Oh, no. Not again.

February 1, 2008 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  2. Carlos

Hillary supporters, we need to boycott Oprah!!!!!......

February 1, 2008 06:50 pm at 6:50 pm |
  3. i.t.

here we go again!

February 1, 2008 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  4. JJ Monterey, CA

Geez can't Obama do it on his own? Has to drag Oprah back in!

Must have been a real flop in the debates...

February 1, 2008 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  5. Tom, ALBUQUERQUE, NM

THE Euphoric over Senator Obama is awesome however Obama can't win the general election. A quick study of the electoral map shows that an Obama DEM nomination will only guarantee a republican victory. Vote for Obama at your peril and give McCain a Nov. 5th victory....

February 1, 2008 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  6. Alice in Florida

Gee, I wonder if Oprah had anything to do with that $32 million donation last month....

February 1, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  7. RGV for Hillary

I am so tired of hearing about celebrities helping and endorsing Obama . Yeah, I am really going to vote for Obama just because Oprah is. Just because someone famous endorses Obama, doesn't mean I am going to vote for him. Americans can think for themselves. ENDORSEMENTS DON'T HELP!!!!

February 1, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  8. Anonymous

gross. I really do not like when celebrities put their hand in too many cookie jars.
    I want to candidates and real issues being discussed.

February 1, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  9. d

Looks like RACE back into the picture!

February 1, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  10. Dem08

Oprah Winfrey is making a mistake......she supports the wrong canidate and from her appearance in SC for the wrong reason...

February 1, 2008 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  11. Rebecca - O.C.

I admire Oprah for her great work and inspiration to people ... BUT, why is it that it's okay for someone such as Oprah to speak and flaunt for Obama and when President Clinton has does it, he's criticized??? And, better yet, he's often defending his wife when attacked verbally by Obama? It's his duty as a spouse to feel the need to protect his wife. Hilary Clinton has every right to encourage her husband (even if he happens to be a strong leader and speaker) stand up and defend her and applaud her achievements and preclaim her victory for President 2008!!!

February 1, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  12. joel v

thay have all the big people there accept the biggest one thats like saying i the first cnn debate that barrack obama and hilary clinton arnt going to be there but every other canidate from all the other partys will be there thats crazy

February 1, 2008 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  13. Jim in Orlando, FL

Uh Oh ! Its O and O !

February 1, 2008 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  14. V

Here we go again-Oprah Winfrey! She must really think Obama has a problem. She's going to CA for womens support on Superbowl Sunday–Who is she kidding.....Just may backfire–women are already upset with her.....she betrayed us for race. Michelle Obama as first lady is ridiculous–better replace that with Oprah Winfrey as first lady. Hope everyone knows who is behind Caroline Kennedys decision–Oprah.

February 1, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  15. Victor

I have to admit smart move by Nobama to send 3 females to stump for him to California. Still that won't change my mind. I am a bit disappointed that Carolyn Kennedy will stump for Nobama yet she has as much rights as any of us to do.
    I respect Carolyn Kennedy though I will be voting differently and stumping for Senator Clinton.

It is after all the candidate that we are looking at not those who are stumping for the candidate.

February 1, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  16. Denise

Now these are the female powerhouses we want to hear.

February 1, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  17. Jimmy VALENTE

I am agree with Oprah.

The real President is OBAMA: Smart and real

February 1, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  18. Bruno

finally

February 1, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  19. me

Well glad Oprah can get out of the cold of Chicago to the warmth of California, unlike those tennants Obama's friend and political patron Rezko let freeze a few years back claiming he had no money to pay for heating his slums while at the same time they were freezing he was providing Obama campaign funds!

Go Oprah! You make us all proud to see you drop even lower in TV ratings and hopefully off the air with your friend Dr. Phil!

February 1, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  20. jessica

Oprah is endorsing Obama on the sole issue HE IS BLACK. I was once a big fan of hers and now I am not. I thought she would be a person of vision and would want the best for our country. Obviously she does not. I will be glad once Obama looses and both those loosers can cry together.

February 1, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  21. Casey

Kudos to Oprah for supporting a man of honor.

February 1, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  22. Mike, Conway, AR

Where was Oprah all this time? She really gave Obama a boost in Iowa. Hopefully she can help again.

February 1, 2008 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  23. Sandy

IT don't surprise me that OPRAH Caroline.and Michelle ARE GOING ON THE ROAD TOGETHER. THEY HAVE TO GET THERE MAN ELECTED ANYWAY THE CAN.

February 1, 2008 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  24. Tracy

I am so glad she is joining to the campaign trail again. I can't wait to her speech/speak.

February 1, 2008 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  25. jessica

One looser deserves another – GO HILLARY!!!

February 1, 2008 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |