February 1st, 2008

Snoop Dogg torn between Obama, Clinton

CNN

Watch Snoop Dogg talk politics.

(CNN) - Days before 22 states are set to hold Democratic primary contests, it appears at least one crucial endorsement is still up for grabs: Rapper Snoop Dogg's.

The rapper and music producer told CNN's Larry King he is torn between both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton's historic candidacies.

"I just want to see somebody win in the best interest of America - whether it be [Obama], a black man, or whether it be Hillary, a woman," Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Cordozar Calvin Broadus, Jr., says in an exclusive interview set to air Friday night.

"Either one is a great move for America," he continued. "We need change. We need somebody in there that's about listening to the people and representing the people. I think both of the candidates will do that."

Snoop Dogg also said he thinks America is ready for a black president, noting Obama is the first African-American with a legitimate chance to win the White House.

"In the past we had presidential candidates like [Rev.] Jesse Jackson. We didn't really think he can win," he said. "Right now people feel like this man could really win. He's got the right thing going for him. He's got the right conversation. He's in line with the right scenario to win. Whether he wins or loses, he made a great step for black America by even stepping to the table and pulling off something like this."

Catch Larry King's interview with Snoop Dogg, Friday, 9 p.m. ET.

1. cesar rodriguez

THIS IS STUPID.

February 1, 2008 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |
  2. J. McKinney SW MO

Sounds to me like he is for Obama. I'm for Hillary!

February 1, 2008 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  3. David Snider

Snoop I agree. Also, as a Black man speaking. I think Obama represents the part of the Black Generation which never gave up. We need more Obamas and less Snoops!

I was a little amazed that Master P has said he wont cuss anymore on his songs or degrade women. Thats a step in the right direction. But One step for Master P, One Million steps for Obama.

Eliminate degrading words from songs, cancel crime related music videos which poison our children, get children to school and off the streets and for once Snoop..... Coming from a Black Man who loves your music. Stop poisoning my PEOPLE, OUR PEOPLE!

Obama 08

February 1, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  4. john q. public

OH MY GOD! Snoop, will you PLEASE hurry up and make up your mind! Millions of Americans, as well as myself, are just waiting for you to make up your mind so we know who to vote for!!!

February 1, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  5. J, Ca

Snoop dogg could have easily won South Carolina Primary.
    Has a good shot at Georgia as well.

February 1, 2008 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  6. Wallace, Chicago, IL

Come on CNN, Snoop Dogg?

Well, I can see him replacing Jeff Toobin, but other than that, let's let the "experts" weigh in on the candidates.

Lol... Snoop Dogg? Larry King Live?
    Has it come to that? :-)

Obama 08!

February 1, 2008 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  7. Disgusted

As a convicted felon, I question whether Mr. Dogg even has the right to vote? Well, at least he's making an intelligent comment, more than I can say for some of the posters on these blogs.

February 1, 2008 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  8. Michael Fox

Snoop Dog? Now I've seen and heard it all. You think American's really care who Snoop Dog endorses? I don't believe HIllary or Barack are being kept awake at night wondering if Snoop Dog will throw his endorsement behind either one of them. Here's a man who has killed a man, has been arrested numerous times for drugs, is considered a "Gangster Rap Artist" and has the clout of Britney Spears and we're to be worried about who he endorses? Come on America – we should be cared about who the shakers and movers of this country back not a rap artist who's a thug.

February 1, 2008 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  9. FV, Tampa, FL

The mere fact he's confused confirms that Hillary is the best choice.
    Take out the obvious conflict of interest in him being a black man and you it wouldn't be an issue. If Obama was White he'd vote for Hillary in a second.
    Let's fact it America, if Obama wasn't black, he'd never have gotten this far.

February 1, 2008 08:15 pm at 8:15 pm |
  10. BV

You're right, who cares what an American Voter thinks! How preposterous! Voters are so SILLY!

February 1, 2008 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  11. Teri from Nashville

Ditto, to Allen.

February 1, 2008 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  12. George from Minneapolis

Well said Snoop. Alot of people will probally be shocked that he is not a dumb illiterate young man.

February 1, 2008 08:18 pm at 8:18 pm |
  13. CHERYL

GO FOR HILLARY SNOOP SHES THE MAN! OH I MEAN WOMAN!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE YOUR SHOW! HILLARY CLINTON 2008.

February 1, 2008 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  14. Curtis

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Infotainment at it's best.

February 1, 2008 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  15. Kevin

Allen – That's nice. Really grown-up comment.

Snoop dog, as an entertainer, does have a lot of influence. You and I won't be influenced, but if his participation in this gets others, who do like his music and his lifestyle, to tune in and vote, then we all win.

February 1, 2008 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  16. L-Mani S. Viney

Snoop. We, the Obama Campaign, really needs you to come through for us. ENDORSE CLINTON!!!

February 1, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  17. Walt, Belton, TX

Just when I didn't think Larry King could reach any lower or interview anyone of a lower character and he comes through again. Congratulations, Larry, you are definitely the Sewer of TV Interviewers.

February 1, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  18. Mike Sullivan

#1 No one cares what an entertainer thinks, esp Snoop Dog. He is taking himself too seriously, just like Jesse Jackson did.

#2 In his quotes, he says "black America". I thought it was supposed to be African American America to be politically correct.

February 1, 2008 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  19. gene

Obama For President and snoop dog for Vice President, That is a great combination. It will sweep the nation.

February 1, 2008 09:18 pm at 9:18 pm |
  20. Brian

His opinion may not matter to many of you older folks, but to us college-age people, this is someone our generation has grown up with. Last time I checked, American voters, most of whom are of the older generation, elected Bush, TWICE. Think twice before criticizing someone else's opinion.

February 1, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  21. John

I know if I were a candidate I'd want the endorsement of a misogynistic, convicted felon like Broadus, who preaches death to cops and abuse of women. And he can't even vote! I can't think of anything that would make me more popular with the American people than having a gang member and smut peddler like him on my side.

February 1, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  22. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Hillary if president will be tied up in the Iraq war hearings which have been going on during the Bush administration, she's in bed with John McCain. The republicans know this and if Hillary wins the republicans will take the White back after 4 years. Democrats you need to watch more than the debates, watch the hearings. Obama does not bring this baggage with him. Wake up and vote Obama.

February 1, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  23. Moe, NY

Ah....poor Snoop Dogg....study history....experience is what this country needs at this point in time. Love Obama, but will not vote for him due to the fact that he is clueless where experience comes into play. Hillary, hmmm...yea, guess I am going for that vote, because of her experience and her health care plan....must admit, it is much better than Obama's...she has had a lot of time to perfect it! What I do know for a fact..is...that there is no way I will vote for a REPUBLICAN. Best case senairo.....Clinton/Obama ticket....or....Obama/Clinton ticket.

February 1, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  24. joe

come on snoop.... VOTE AND ENDORSE HILLARY CLINTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOTE FOR SENATOR HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 1, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  25. UC Mike

Snoop Dogg> James Madison

He is truly the greatest political mind in all of America

February 1, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |