February 8th, 2008

Clinton camp reports $8 million since Super Tuesday

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton’s campaign said Friday it had raised more than $8 million online since polls closed in California, and nearly $10 million since February 1.

In a conference call with reporters, Clinton communications director Howard Wolfson also said much of that money had come from roughly 75,000 new donors.

Wolfson added that the campaign will be able to spend roughly as much on television ads in upcoming contests as Barack Obama’s campaign – despite the fact that the Illinois senator has been on the air in states that vote over the next few days since well before the Super Tuesday votes.

Clinton’s campaign will begin airing ads today in states voting over the next few days, and will purchase airtime in Texas and Ohio next week.

– CNN Associate Political Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. griff

GO HILLARY!!

Obama, I mean he is good, but just doesn't have the know how to run this country. It would be nice to see another Clinton taking charge and she will have the advice from Bill. I would hate to burst everyone's bubble, but she is going to win this. They are saying that superdelegates and Florida, Michigan Primaries might have to come into play before the convention giving Hillary the lead. It looks like she will win New Mexico too. How about everyone quits whining and supports Hillary as the commander and cheif so the party won't split? sounds good to me1

February 8, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  2. VA voter

How anyone can claim that CNN is NOT pro Obama must have been under a rock for the past month.

February 8, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  3. Ito, Yokosuka Japan

HRC is such a phony. If she is not playing the polls she is trying to keep with with the Jones's in other categories...

February 8, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  4. Ann

Hillary'08!

And yes, if her campaign needs money, she received it from supporters. So much bluff about the 'college educated' and rich Obama's supporters. There are lots of them on Hillary's side and many who wake up.

Plus, never discount the power and support of the poor in hope for a better life. This is above that hope for excitement and lets govern together that the spoiled Obama supporters complaining about their boring lives, will ever experience.

Some people are in need for real change in their lives, not just for feelings of excitement. Get real and responsible.

February 8, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  5. Kevin, Louisville, Ky

Is any from Kazahstan via Canadian Businessmen or Dubai Ports ...hmmmm thinking!!!

Yes Hill and Bill ....but Sorry Obama still got the groove.....Go Barry!!

February 8, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  6. Cheyenne

Why Media is silent about -How Obama bruoght his house half the value of its price and his friend brought next door for full price.

February 8, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  7. Michelle N Louisiana

ok hilliery backers tell me this why hillery has to come out and say she loaned herself 5mill for her camp and when you donate funds to her camp that is not a loan why should she go back and take that 5 mill back out mitt gave his camp 50mill you didn't hear him cry about it i'm sure he will write that off a a tax write offf
    but hillery did what she wanted to do make all the little old ladies feel sorry for her
    WAKE UP PEOPLE SHE IS A JOKE,

February 8, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  8. Ito, Yokosuka Japan

Go ahead HRC fans...donate to the HRC campaign...so you can pay back her loan to herself ... with interrest.

Suckers...

February 8, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  9. joe

for the person above by the name of "captain"

that is why women should vote for hillary as our next president and commander of chief...

to change the stereotype some men have of women...

she is qualified experienced and brilliant and tested even with obama and his campaign...to be our next president

hillary 08

February 8, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  10. Ngom

¡Ver cree! I don't suppose CNN finds it necessary to investigate this claim. It would not be the first time the Clintons said the word is was not IS.

February 8, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  11. Corey

To the person who wrote " if she raises 8 million from roughly 75000 people, let's do the math.Average donation of almost $11000. Boy that Hillary sure does represent the working people of America!"

Where did you learn math, in a cave?

8,000,000 / 75,000 = 8,000 / 75 = 106.67

The average donor gave $106.67.

If you are going to be a moron, then please vote Obama!

February 8, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  12. Carole

I have been a monthly contributor to our next Presidents campaign, HILLARY CLINTON...GOOOOOO GIRL GOOOOOO. YOU are our Girl....I will increase my monthly contributions. I can hardly wait till' March 4th...You, Hillary Clinton, will win the great state of Texas by a landslide!!!

HILLARY 2008

Contribute HILLARY supporters contribute!! WE WILL see her make it all the way to the White House!!

HILLARY, HILLARY, HILLARY :)

February 8, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  13. Natalie

Cry poverty, and the money will come. Easy-peasy. Oh, Clintons, how I wish everything you do didn't seem completely disingenuous.

Also, I don't see one thing wrong with asking for release of the tax returns. Don't her supporters also have the right to know where money is coming from? Or are you better off NOT knowing?

February 8, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  14. Dem

Great job by the Hillary campaign and the supporters.She is the right candidate for the job and deserves the nomination.Obama spin will be in before the end of the day though!

February 8, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  15. Andrea

Let us continue to support Senator Clinton all the way to the top. What little you have to give is a lot. Don't be ashamed to send $1.00 or so. Every little bit helps, believe me. I am doing my best to send her donations when I am paid every 2 wks. The Lord blessed me with a great job, and I want to bless someone else.

As Philip said earlier "Madam President" sounds wonderful.

Texas loves Senator Clinton!

February 8, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  16. John

Not only is Texas waiting for you Hillary, Pennsylvania is solidly on your side. Do the math, Hillary picks up more delegates because she wins in the bigger states (like Texas and Pennsylvania!), Hillary wins the nomination. If Obama loves America as much as he says he does, he should agree to be her VP.

February 8, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  17. Dee

jeff, you are from alabama, who cares you vote for. I am one of dedicated supporters who contributes weekly to Obama's campaign. he is the only one who can unite this country.

February 8, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  18. RIPDEMRATS

As a republican I do want HRC to win because this would unite our base to take back the white house. We already have SWITF VOTERS ready and armed to bring her down. To make sure this happens I am donating to HRC, I am 100% sure my investment will have a big return.
    ABC ( ANYONE BUT CLINTON)
    Gooooo Hillary!!!!!

February 8, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  19. Alison, FL

Funny thing is Obama supporters have always contributed to his campaign and continue to do so. This is sign of desperation for attention. If Hillary's supporters believed so much in her from the start, why did she have to go on national tv and beg for cash from them? Are they giving now out of love for their beloved female dictator or are they only giving to compete with Obama's donators....by the way which totals over 350,000 since super-tuesday....Go ahead and be manipulated and see just how far it gets you. There is a reason Obama attracts intelligent people...we are not easily manipulated.

February 8, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  20. Ito, Yokosuka Japan

Christine Campbell said, "How can a Canadian donate to Hiliary's campaign."

That's easy...just show up at Bill Clinton's door with a cigar...

February 8, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  21. j, cleveland

I'm pretty much a broke college student, but i'm thinking about donating to Hillary. I think she's been unfairly portrayed in the media, and it's time to give her campaign the boost it needs.

February 8, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  22. TrueIndependent

Queen of Manipulation.

February 8, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  23. matchu

Just knowing that they are posting numbers everyday just to update us tells me that they are getting desperate. Now CNN has contribution ads on their site? Haha gimme a break...

February 8, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  24. Debra Austin, Texas

To Benjamin who said:

As the leader of both pledged and super delegates, Hillary deserves the support. At least she hasn't lowered herself to rock concert rallies that diminish the honor and dignity of the Presidential nomination.

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Excuse me, "diminish the honor and dignity of the Presidential nomination"....and you're going to vote for a person who's husband sullied every aspect of the Presidency, lied, disbarred and now wags his finger in everybody's face, spewing race baiting and more. Give ME a break.

Can't you just imagine him in the White House again WITHOUT a full time job. YUCK!

February 8, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  25. Aimee

Go Hillary! I donated again and have encouraged my friends to again. if Obama wins I will vote MCain... I do not like the way he acts like he is above it all, and then turns around and steals Hillary's plans as if they were his own... New Orleans anyone?

February 8, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |