February 11th, 2008

Jeb Bush gets behind McCain

Jeb Bush formally endorsed McCain Tuesday.
Jeb Bush formally endorsed McCain Tuesday.

(CNN) – Jeb Bush was one of the most sought-after endorsements ahead the presidential primary season. But the former Florida governor stayed neutral, despite reports many of his close associates were gravitating towards Mitt Romney.

Now, Bush has become the latest establishment Republican to formally throw his support behind John McCain. In a statement released by the McCain campaign, he called the Arizona senator a "patriot and devoted conservative leader."

"Like no other candidate in the field, John McCain has made tremendous sacrifices for this nation," said Bush. "He is beholden to no interest other than that of the public good. He is determined and steadfast in his commitment to reducing the burden of high taxes, restoring the people's trust in their government, and winning the war against radical Islamic extremists."

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Filed under: Jeb Bush
  1. Jim

Doesn't he look like a mix between George and McCain?

WHO CARES!!!

February 11, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  2. Robin Wagner from ct

Oh no no no no no!!!!! Bush again .. McCain and Bush ticket .?? NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is even more reson why we have to have Barack in because in 4 years Bush will run again . Clinton , Bush , Clinton , Then Bush . Where dose it stop .????
    If we don't stop it now . Bush will be in next 4 years ,
    OHHHHHHHHHH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 11, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  3. Wayne, Greenville TX

Someone needs to get behind Jeb Bush – and give him a swift kick in the pants.

Another useless member of the evil Bush Family.

February 11, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  4. Robin Wagner from ct

Betwheeen the 3 new wars and our son and daughter will never come home .
    I been saying this in blog all over . Never ends. ... My SON WILL NEVER COME HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 11, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  5. Darth Vadik, CA

Jeb,

I know what you're thinking, but it ain't gonna happen.
    You will never be president of the US, your dear brother has ruined the name of Bush for generations.

Plus no president of the US is going to be named Jeb, go head a banjo club or something.

February 11, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  6. Shane,NY

Jed Bush..another bad political leader...thank you for getting your brother elected and destroying the country

February 11, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  7. James

Just what America needs in the picture right now another ( BUSH )...............lmao.

February 11, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  8. skyhawk

McCain hates the Bush family. There will be no Bush on the McCain ticket.

February 11, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  9. Eryn in SC

Maybe if he HAD endorsed Romney we wouldn't be in this mess with McCain!!!

February 11, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  10. James, Houston

Jeb Bush like Barb can't see the forrest thru the Bushes !

February 11, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  11. HP Boston

If any one can keep McCain alive Jeb can, OR CAN HE? I vote for life support FOREVER! lol lol

February 11, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  12. ben

Wow!! The same guy who helped steal the first election .
    Will he try to steal this one?

February 11, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  13. Nick, Austin, TX

I'm a Democrat but I always had some respect at least for McCain. If Jeb Bush is for him though I know McCain must be worse than I thought.

February 11, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  14. aggiemom

OMG I like JEB BUSH but I don't think the name Bush will help McCain, too many people against George.

February 11, 2008 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  15. Robin Wagner from ct

MORE TEARS MORE BODY BAGS > MORE SONS AND DAUGHTER DEAD>>> BUSH AND MCCAIN> TICKET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 11, 2008 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  16. Grif

Great Expectations, after the problem in Florida, and all the miss counted votes some years ago... For his Brother????

I'm just a learner... And I have one agenda. The rights put back in Bill Clintons, past Presidencyt.

Maybe his spouse can do a job, that can't be equalled....

They all. We all have past experience's we wish had ne3ver happened..

That's Government. And the Media....

Why is this Eledged murder trial on TV now,, Simpathy to help Oboma win some more.... What about the victim????????????

February 11, 2008 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  17. Jo R, Buena Park, CA

The bushes are a joke now.

February 11, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  18. Chevyk

this is just ridiculous, I am a democrat but my support for huckabee is outstanding, he is comparable to Barack obama only as a democrat. yes i said it, He represents the youth. anyways Obama 08. A bush endorsing McCain? yep the republicans dont want to win the white house.

February 11, 2008 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  19. Ken, Suitland MD

"Hi, my name is Jeb. I used to be governor of Fla. I screwed up that state even more than my big brother did in Texas. And my big brother tells me I did it with even less brains. That should rank me pretty high as a [R] choice for national office in 2012! Daddy and brother tell me the true-believers just love someone who can't think for himself, and I'm to do just as I'm told now! Don't tell them, but I do have some of my own thoughts: I want Paula Jones as a running mate in 2012.

"They did tell me to back this McCain fella; but I'm confused because some of big brother's friends told me back in 2000 that he was a traitor ... or something, and that he had illegitimate children... so now I'm confused...during the Vietnam war, while my big brother was running the air national guard, this feller McCain was laying around in Hanoi with the enemy....and now I'm supposed to like him? Well, like usual I'll just do what big brother says, and listen closely to these new lawyer-boy buddies he has looking out for me now.

"Dang!! President Jeb. Who woulda thought.....??? I couldn't even build legos, and now Daddy says I could be president. I love this country."

February 11, 2008 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  20. Justin

Say NO to BUSHCLINTONISM

February 11, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  21. MK

Oh Good Lord NOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 11, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  22. Mike

God please not jeb bush. I will vote for a democrat now.

February 11, 2008 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  23. Ommi

True, we all new this was coming a Bush back on the road to the white house . If this happens again I am moving to Europe. No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 11, 2008 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  24. Brad

whooop-dee-doo

February 11, 2008 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  25. Brendan H., San Antonio, TX

Can't wait for the Bush family to fade away.

They've raped the coffers to fatten their own nests.

George got something by being installed president he couldn't get on his own – a pension!

- OR -

Maybe Jeb is going to apologize to McCain for the shenanigans in SC in 2000?!

Well........I can imagine, can't I?!?!?!

February 11, 2008 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |