February 12th, 2008

Obama: 'We're on our way'

ALT TEXT

Obama spoke in the Kohl Center in Madison, Wisconsin following his Potomac primary sweep Tuesday night. (Photo credit: Mike Roselli/CNN)

MADISON, Wisconsin (CNN) - Fresh off three more primary wins Tuesday night, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama brought his rising campaign to Wisconsin, where he will face off with rival Hillary Clinton, the junior senator from New York, next week.

"The change we seek swept through Chesapeake and over the Potomac," Obama told supporters.

"We won the state of Maryland. We won the commonwealth of Virginia. And though we won in Washington, D.C., this movement won't stop until there is change in Washington, D.C, and tonight we're on our way."

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. snaplizard

Let's not forget that we have two _excellent_ candidates running for the democratic nomination this year. How fortunate we are! Several weeks ago, at least one poll indicated that 70% of democrats would support either candidate - and yet here it seems to have degenerated into an all or nothing argument: "if my candidate loses, I'm voting McCain." Personally, I want the the democrats to take back the White House, regardless of which candidate wins the nomination. Do I have a preference? Of course! But if Obama doesn't win the nod, then I'll vote for the candidate that does. It's all good to vigorously support your favorite candidate now, but keep your eye on the prize – a Democrat in the White House – when November rolls around!

February 13, 2008 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  2. john s

The biggest threat facing not only America today but the world as well is global warming. That’s it plain and simple. I am not afraid of these so-called terrorist threats that have been shoved down our throats by the biggest terrorist of them all. (GWB) This man should be put on trial. With all the complaining about three-dollar gas how much more complaining will go on when a gallon of water costs three dollars. Granted America will more than likely be the last to feel this crunch almost like the the price of gas (Two years ago in Europe a gallon of gas cost the equivalent of 5 bucks a gallon, estimating conservatively)

The republicans say the left want bigger government and the right wants a smaller government. That may be true, but while this is true who wants to stick their noses and their hands into yours and my house and tell us how to live?

I want to know that our right to take control of our lives will be safe. I want to know I can have a phone conversation without someone listening in. I want to know that I have the freedom to speak out in public about the hypocrisies of my government and most importantly I want to know that the separation between church and state will remain strongly distant for my children’s children. If the women’s right, pro life and the religious right movement get stronger the advantages we have which I just listed will become weaker and the government gets stronger. No I would rather have a bigger government with fewer rules than a small government that is continuously able to pull the wool over everyone’s eyes.

I get so sick of the misdirection that the country has been being run for the last 8 years it makes me sick.

Oh yeah and one more thing I do not think that Mr. Obama will succeed the vote if it came down to the wire like in the last two presidential elections.

February 13, 2008 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  3. Michael Arnaud-Glen Burnie, Maryland

Of course Obama won in DC. He's black and a Democrat. In the last four mayoral
    elections in DC, voters coming out of the polling places were quoted as saying that they would never vote for a white candidate, either Democrat or Republican. When asked why voters in DC wouldn't vote for a white Democrat for Mayor, the answer was simple, that candidate wasn't black. If Obama's win in DC isn't racist,
    I don't know what is.

February 13, 2008 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  4. Independant

Hey FELIPE, it is people like you that will cost the Democrats the election. Do you want the Obama supporters to not vote for Hillary if she wins the nomination?

Have fun in Canada!!!!

February 13, 2008 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  5. Fran from AZ

Could you guys be any more one sided in your reporting of the Democratic Primary? At least wipe the smiles off your faces when you discuss the results of the primary contests. How many times are you going to declare Hillary's campaign dead? There are still a lot of states that need to vote. Be a little bit more objective please. The truth is that if we were looking at the resumes of these two candidates with no names or pictures he would not even get an interview for the job. He does not have the experience or understanding of International affairs to be effective on day one. Lets keep our objectivity here. I personally have reprogrammed my XM radio buttons to remove CNN and add the BBC. They are far better at reporting the news objectively. They give a global view without all the sensationalistic pontification that has become CNN's trademark lately.

February 13, 2008 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |