February 12th, 2008

Obama: 'We're on our way'

ALT TEXT

Obama spoke in the Kohl Center in Madison, Wisconsin following his Potomac primary sweep Tuesday night. (Photo credit: Mike Roselli/CNN)

MADISON, Wisconsin (CNN) - Fresh off three more primary wins Tuesday night, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama brought his rising campaign to Wisconsin, where he will face off with rival Hillary Clinton, the junior senator from New York, next week.

"The change we seek swept through Chesapeake and over the Potomac," Obama told supporters.

"We won the state of Maryland. We won the commonwealth of Virginia. And though we won in Washington, D.C., this movement won't stop until there is change in Washington, D.C, and tonight we're on our way."

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Amy in Iowa

We still will work for you Obama in Ohio, Texas, and PA. Show the Clintons that the only royal family exists in England. This is the United STATES of America!

February 12, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  2. Sylvia

Obama is not what he has The Obama Zombies convinced he is.....STOP DRINKING THE KOOL-AID
    look behind the curtain and ask......WHAT has he really said????
    His speaches that you ZOMBIES keep drooling over belong to MLK and JFK
    What makes you think OBAMA can do what he claims he can do when he cannot even write and speak something original???

February 12, 2008 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  3. Jeff

What's with the canned applause at the Obama Wisconsin Rally?

February 12, 2008 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  4. Edin

Just when Obama speaks you can tell that the man is speaking from his heart. And that he is honest and he says it like he means it. He doesn't talk too political because for him it's about America not the politic game Hilary is trying to play. When Obama speaks he truly says it like he means it. While Clinton just says what people want to hear even though she doesn' t actually mean some of the stuff..

Obama 2008!

February 12, 2008 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  5. James

Wisconsin your up next , lets take back the people's White House , one State at a time.

YES WE CAN

February 12, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  6. Bob

The excitement building around the Obama campaign is palpable. Over the course of two weeks I sat in my eye doctor's office waiting for my turn to be examined. On each visit, spontaneous conversations broke out concerning the upcoming primary in Ohio. The thread that linked these conversations was the sense of optimism and hope whenever Obama was discussed. I can not remember the last time I felt so hopeful about the future of our country.

February 12, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  7. Jim P - Chicago

Yea, on your way to destroying a country – Naive fool!

February 12, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  8. doug

this is real folks, get used to it . . .

February 12, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  9. Kevin in OK

Barack Obama, you may think you are on your way, but, if you do win the Democratic nomination (and that is a big if), I know MANY Democratic voters who will vote for whoever the Republican nominee is.

People need to quit being blindsided by Barack Obama. He is deceiving so many people. If people don't get behind Hillary Clinton, then we are going to have another 4-8 years of a Republican in office. Mark my words!

Vote for Hillary Clinton, and stop this blind fantasicsm of Barack Obama. Hillary Clinton all the way!

February 12, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  10. NH

The media is being to kind to Obama. He is simply getting a free ride. The media outlet is so scared to attack him and question him because of fear that they might be called racists. So instead the media is so positive, Obama must simply be a saint. Obama says a bunch of nothing and people applaud. The republicans cannot wait for him to win because they will not be as lenient as Hillary has been. They are going to pull out all the big guns and expose his lack of experience quickly.

February 12, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  11. FELIPE

Hillary is the only one with real experience, because all you people voting for obama, you will make this country fall even further behind........Good Luck i am moving to canada...................Obama is all false hopes and lies, i say that because i saw him live and he contradicted himself and even changed position to what he had said on the california debate he is a liar and all you obama supporters need some serious thinking to do before you vote, and you also need to look at all the facts...............

February 12, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  12. goobama

yes we can
    yes we can
    yes we can
    yyes we canyes we canes we canyes we canyes weyes we can canyes yes we canwe canyes we canyes we canyes we canyes we canyes we canyes we canyes we canyes we canyes we can

February 12, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  13. George from Minneapolis

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA.

lol@vote for Hillary.. for what ??? to throw a vote away... no thanks... I am going to vote for the next president of the United States...Barack Obama.

THE BEST CANDIDATE

February 12, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  14. Tom Squires

Thank you all for bringing us a leader who is good when we needed it the most. Obama.

February 12, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  15. Sam Jr.

Mr. Obama, you have never mentioned "WHAT" change will you bring about in washington.

Don't get carried away with this sweet talk ppl. Talking lofty goals doesn't make someone a leader... much less a President.

The republicans would love to see Obama win the primaries so that he loses in the presidential elections!!!!!

I see no reason why the republican governer(SC) would tell people to vote for Obama!!!

Hillary '08

February 12, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  16. Boogie

all because he says the world "change" over and over.
    I guess we really do gather around ourselves those who will tell us what our itching ears want to hear.
    I honestly hope I'm wrong about this guy...for the sake of our country...I hope I'm wrong.
    But, I have to stick with my logic...following my heart has hurt me too many times.

February 12, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  17. Tori

Wow. Hillary supporters are people I don't understand. She's rude, commanding and unsportsmanlike. Expect more fits from her for this great loss.

Obama '08 – Support the real man.

February 12, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  18. Mary

Obama is full of himself. He's more ambitious and manipulative than Clinton. At least she doesn't sell a bill of goods that she can't promise to deliver. Obama should be a minister and then he can spread his fairy dust of hope and unity to the people who need some imagined hero. DUMP OBAMA IN MARCH

February 12, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  19. Milton

Wonder where we're on our way to? There's gonna be change, but no one is sure if that change is going to be good or not.

February 12, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  20. glhf

I've done some serious thinking and I won't support Hillary's rovian tactics. I can't support McCain because of my difference with him on so many issues...that leaves Obama.

February 12, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  21. jasmine

I am a 3rd generation republican and now a strong Republican for Obama and I am taking the whisper and shouting it load and clear to all my republican friends...several of whom have joined the cause. I have voted in every election since I was 18 years old, I am now 40, and I have never felt as much pride as an American, no republican or democrate, just American as I do standing for Obama.

February 12, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  22. Suri

Amy
    I'm with you on that, lets make phone calls.

February 12, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  23. Ronnie Kennemore

Thank you for giving people hope. We need change in the government. I am white male. 62 year old.

February 12, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  24. Ann

I wanted to hear the rest of the speech in Madison WI tonight. It switched over to McCain's live speech. Let's see it online.

February 12, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  25. Dave

From the heart and from the real. That is why we dig Barack...

February 12, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |