February 12th, 2008

Obama: 'We're on our way'

ALT TEXT

Obama spoke in the Kohl Center in Madison, Wisconsin following his Potomac primary sweep Tuesday night. (Photo credit: Mike Roselli/CNN)

MADISON, Wisconsin (CNN) - Fresh off three more primary wins Tuesday night, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama brought his rising campaign to Wisconsin, where he will face off with rival Hillary Clinton, the junior senator from New York, next week.

"The change we seek swept through Chesapeake and over the Potomac," Obama told supporters.

"We won the state of Maryland. We won the commonwealth of Virginia. And though we won in Washington, D.C., this movement won't stop until there is change in Washington, D.C, and tonight we're on our way."

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Wisconsin

I'm from WI and we are actually next in the primaries. It sure is nice to know that she don't care about us at all.

How sad that she started the TEXAS run when WISCONSIN IS NEXT!!!

Hillary is suppose to represent us ALL if she gets elected not just Texas, New York and California!

February 12, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  2. Sukie

More cheerleading and that is about it for Obama.

He did not discuss what he plans to do about America's main problems:

Economy
    Education
    Bush's Wars
    Health Care
    Illegals

just for a few available topics

Things won't change in Michelle Obama's administration–she will run the White House like she runs Obama

February 12, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  3. derry

I completely agree with 'NH" above. Why can't people think things through?
    AND , if you go to the 2000 census in these states, the racial divide is there!
    McCain is hitting Obama right now. I guess he is beginning his attack.

February 12, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  4. Jason

What I find funny is that Hilary supporters seem to always point straight to "Obama has no substance", "He's providing false hope", etc. as their first response to his supporters. What I don't understand about this is if Obama was only winning because he's a good public speaker, because his speeches are filled with many generalities, etc. then wouldn't Obama be the one carrying Hilary's exit poll numbers?

Hilary tends to carry the poor and the uneducated. Shouldn't those be the exact people that would be more persuaded based on mere words? Wouldn't they be the quickest to make choices with their heart instead of their heads?

February 12, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  5. Evan

"Obama is not what he has The Obama Zombies convinced he is…..STOP DRINKING THE KOOL-AID
    look behind the curtain and ask……WHAT has he really said????
    His speaches that you ZOMBIES keep drooling over belong to MLK and JFK
    What makes you think OBAMA can do what he claims he can do when he cannot even write and speak something original???"

Do you realize in the middle of last year when he laid out all his plans, people said he wasn't being inspirational enough.

ITS.A.STUMP.SPEECH.IT'S.NOT.MEANT.TO.HAVE.SPECIFICS.YOU.MORONS!

Go RESEARCH his positions and you will FIND your answers. Stop calling us all zombies! jeez.

Hillary supports make me so mad, I feel like not even voting for her if she happens to win the primary. Do you honestly want to rip the Democratic party in two? because you're succeeding.

February 12, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  6. Obama'08

Hillary is promising a $9.50 Minimum wage. This is totally irresponsible and misleading. You can't just make these kind of promises during a campaign. Imagine the impact to corporations and small businesses if the government mandated this type of pay rate. It would cause people to lose jobs, and companies to go under. It might also cause companies to lose profit and destroy the stock market.

Not well thought out
    Poor judgement
    Empty campaign promise
    Sign of desparation

I live in Texas, and this is one of the most pro-business states in the country. Lots of small business owners and start ups. We need to attack this and call it irresponsible and get the media and economist to critique it. We can score big on this one.

February 12, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  7. Ray

Sylvia I'm sorry to read your not feeling well. Take another pill and check the results again and admit Obama does spread HOPE

February 12, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  8. Georgia Peach

How many people attended Obama's speech in Madison versus those who attended McCain's or Clinton's speechs tonight? It looked like there were 20,000+ at Obama's, probably 300 at McCain's and maybe 1000 at Hillary's. Does anyone know the crowd count?

February 12, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  9. FELIPE

glhf, do some more serious thinking and look at what obama has done for his own state of illinois.....hummm nothing look at the facts

February 12, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  10. Wisconsin

By She I of corse was referring to Hillary.

With Obama YES WE CAN!

February 12, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  11. mary

I agree with Bob. Obama gives you a sense of hope and optimism the this country needs. It has been a long time since people felt this way. (Maybe the Kennedy years)

February 12, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  12. Messiah

Sylvia it is funny you say that. You must be a Hillary fan and the fact that he is wiping the floor with her will cause you to hate on a man that has a plan for the country in which you live in. It never seems to amaze me with people like you sylvia because if Obama was white I am sure the comment you posted wouldn't have been wrote. You are a racist bottom line and I am willing to bet you voted for BUSH. Wake up it's a new year and time for a new chapter.

February 12, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  13. Jan

sounds like sour grapes to me, Mary.

YES WE CAN!

February 12, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  14. Sally

On the flip side, I know many people, including myself, who will not "vote with the party" if Hillary is the nominee, especially since McCain isn't as big of a threat as say a Ron Paul. If Hillary gets the nomination, I'm voting Green. And THAT is a reality. There are many Democrats who feel the same as I do. More to the point, as Barack has stated, he can get Hillary's supporters (which was evident in the exit polling tonight where he cut into these groups dramatically), but, can Hillary get his supporters? No. Lets move away from the oligarchical rule of the few and move towards the rule of the people!

February 12, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  15. Matt

It was a big study in contrast to see CNN switch from Obama's speech to McCain's. Obama was in a packed arena with about 12,000-5,000 people, whereas McCain appeared on a podium with about 4 or 5 people surrounding him, and a considerably smaller audience than Obama (from the sound of the applause he was getting). And then of course was the message. I can sum up McCain's comments in 3 words: No, you can't- and I respond to them with 3 words of my own: YES WE CAN!!!

February 12, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  16. noel love

I have been a Hillary Clinton supporter for quite some time now . After listening to Barrak Obama speak in Madison this evening moved me more into the realm of " yes we can " then I have ever been before . I am 62 years old & tonight I felt for the first time in more years than I choose to say , that we can make this country a country that gives it's people a chance once again . For the first time I realize just how much is possible if we were to have such a visionary as I saw this evening . Thank you America for thew process yo give us .
    Noel

February 12, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  17. Murry

Way to go, Obama!
    "The cynics can no longer say hope is false."

February 12, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  18. Jonny

Experience? What experience does Hillary have? She is a junior senator from NY who failed at her chance for health care. If you take away her husband's presidency, Hillary has no more experience than Obama. Thus, I have one question for you: who are you voting for? Hillary or Bill....

Furthermore, do many of you need to be reminded that both Obama and Clinton play for the "same team"? Some of the comments and "tactics" employed by the Hillary camp (especially on the forums) is shameful.

February 12, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  19. derry

I will vote republican if I have to.
    Obama is minister material, not presidential. Maybe in a few years, BUT NOT NOW............... We need someone who is ready. Hillary is, RIGHT NOW.

February 12, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  20. FELIPE

RUMORS INDEPENTS AND REPUBLICANS FOR OBAMA, BECAUSE THE REPUBLICANS KNOW THAT THEY WILL BEAT HIM IN NOVEMBER, THIS IS A STRATEGY, JUST WATCH FOLKS ALL YOU BLIND OBAMA SUPPORTS I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW FACTS DON'T MATTER ANYMORE

February 12, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  21. Sarah

Look at every fact and Obama is the only candidate for change! And all of you who say that if Obama wins, many Democrats will vote Republican, it's the same thing for Hillary. I'm a well educated female and I will NEVER vote for Hillary. NEVER. I'll write down McCain before I write her name.

February 12, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  22. Harold Daley

Whenever I listen to Mr. Obama, my heart begins to believe again. I have been praying for years for a time like JFK. I have been an American since 1980 and I have supported Carter, and Clinton. I respected Carter and loved Bil Clinton. But never before have I felt renewed as I do when I listen to Mr. Obama. I pray for him because I do believe that God has brought him to us at a time like this. He did not come: he was sent. He has my vote and I pray that God will bless him as He blesses America through hi. Go America. Yes we can.

February 12, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  23. Susie

Obama stands for truth in Washington, now that's a change I want to see! He is capable and trustworthy to do what he said he will do... but only with the support of the American people. He has my full support.

February 12, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  24. Avis C, Richton Park,IL

You Hillary supporters make me laugh. You guys really are sore losers. As a woman myself, Hillary is not the right one too run this country. Obama will beat McCain, by the way anyone who insults someone the way McCain insulted Dana Bash fromm CNN today doesn't deserve to represent this country! So, Hillary supporters DEAL WITH IT!!!!

YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OBAMA 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 12, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  25. lk

"Kevin in ok"

you must be stupid or something...if Hillary wins the nomination then I AM VOTING FOR WHOEVER THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE IS TOO!!!

POW!!! TAKE THAT ONE LOL