February 12th, 2008

Obama: 'We're on our way'

ALT TEXT

Obama spoke in the Kohl Center in Madison, Wisconsin following his Potomac primary sweep Tuesday night. (Photo credit: Mike Roselli/CNN)

MADISON, Wisconsin (CNN) - Fresh off three more primary wins Tuesday night, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama brought his rising campaign to Wisconsin, where he will face off with rival Hillary Clinton, the junior senator from New York, next week.

"The change we seek swept through Chesapeake and over the Potomac," Obama told supporters.

"We won the state of Maryland. We won the commonwealth of Virginia. And though we won in Washington, D.C., this movement won't stop until there is change in Washington, D.C, and tonight we're on our way."

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. NH

Barack is just not ready. Felipe I agree with you, Barack is great preacher, someone needs to give him a church. But, our country needs someone who knows what they are doing and hope with no substance is just not enough. I want Barack to write me a check of HOPE so I can go try and cash it. Obama supporters, you all better wake up before it is too late. I would rather vote for McCain before I vote for Obama and I am democrate. I respect him and congradulate him but Obama, just take vice-president and let a professional take the lead. Hillary/Obama ticket is the way. Obama is still young. He has plenty of time to gain experience.

February 12, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  2. Jen

Get on Obama's website and click on the issues link. You will find that not only does he have an extremely detailed plan for each issue, but also that there are more issues addressed and much more thoroughly so than on Senator Clinton's website. A friend recently told me that talk radio has caused this nonsense about Obama and I realize that he is correct. Again, my friends, read what has been made available.

February 12, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  3. Will

Kevin in OK:

Nice fear mongering there.

That seems to be in line with Hillary's campaign strategy, which is to divide and incite fear into voters.

OBAMA '08

February 12, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  4. Laura

I hear him speak and it does absolutely nothing except make me feel like I did when I listened to George Bush. It's not a good feeling. It's unfortunate there are so many sheep in this country. Follow along with the crowd.
    I find no substance in anything Obama says. Period.
    My vote goes with Clinton or McCain and I am not alone.
    One thing I have always been proud of is I NEVER do anything just because others are doing it.
    It's a sad day to know most of Americans are sheep.

February 12, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  5. lula

Obama is going to Washington and is taking all of us with him.This has been a long time coming.But it's here.We are going to have a president that is going to take care of our business;not his.You just got to love it.
    OBAMA / 08

February 12, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  6. S callahan

I just watched his speech in Wi and it was surely focused on the issues and in line what the voters wanted addressed. It was impressive.

February 12, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  7. chris musetti

fired up and ready to go.....yes we can....go barack go.....

February 12, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  8. jimmy valente

SEnior OBAMA,
    THe best in the west. It looks like John McCain who appearing talking in the TV, it looks like he is reading screen. CNN do not show us the crowd. It looks like he is in the studio

February 12, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  9. Betty Murphy

I was disenfranchised today in Virginia. My vote for Hillary may not have made a difference, but I never got to cast it. Circumstances and the weather prevented me from getting to the polls. Change for the sake of change does not appeal to me. I want the smartest and most experienced candidate to be our next President, and that candidate is Hillary Clinton.

February 12, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  10. CMR

Listening at Obama is listening at Fidel Castro. Watch out people!!!
    I am from Cuba (now living in Canada) and believe me we cubans have been living from 'hope' speeches for almost 50 years now yet getting LOTS of dissapointments.
    Obama as President? I don't think so.
    Obama as Snake Charmer? That's more like it!!!
    My advice, keep it REAL and vote for Hillary!!!

February 12, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  11. neophite

it is amazing that some people will not accept change. we allowed Bush to get in office for 8 years and screw up. Obama is bringing inspiration to America and that's what we as a people need to raise ourselves out of moral decay!! I pray God bless him mightily.

February 12, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  12. apple

Obama is cerebral... very smart. we so need a unique intelligence at the beginning of this challenging century.

February 12, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  13. Oba Kennedy

I sense there is a fear that Obama has a real chance to do something, that many are scared to see. U would think that the country is ready for the troops to come home, a change from these last dreadful 8 years. U would think any American would want better for this country. Obama represents that change. The "Clintons" have not said anything that hasnt been said before, where was Hilliary when she approved of the war.... a change is coming and the american people are finally opening there eyes and realizing the race and color of a canidate doesnt change the heart and demeanor of The Candiate.. We need a change.... Obama for 08

February 13, 2008 12:57 am at 12:57 am |
  14. D Dula in NC

Obama brings something new to scene – a hope for a better tomorrow where all people matter – and together, we can be a better America. Wow...and doesn't that feel good to finally hear.

The time is now for us to be united and put a person in office that believes we can be better than we have been – I will take that kind of inspiration and hope any day of the week. Thank you Obama...godspeed to the presidency seat!

February 13, 2008 12:57 am at 12:57 am |
  15. linda

In Texas White female 62 who knows you are the best person to lead our country back on the right track. GET ER DONE.

February 13, 2008 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  16. nick

It's ok, Texas Ohio Pennsylvania will all be good to Hillary. She is the only democratic canidate with substance. Just taking in tonight's comments by McCain show how his experience, like Hillary's, would outmatch Obama with ease in a general election.

Hillary 08'

February 13, 2008 01:43 am at 1:43 am |
  17. will

while you obama haters are still hating he's bringing the movement and a lot of people just don't want to see it. so if you are hating for whatever reason then u need to look at yourself . more than half of the peaople on hear posting comments don't even know the real issues.

February 13, 2008 02:00 am at 2:00 am |
  18. Independant Voter

Obama is by far the best candidate and has been the most consistent about the message he delivers even before Iowa. I don't agree with Mcains policy on Iraq, but at least I know where he stands on the issues. Hilary comes of disingenuous to me and I voted for Bill in the 90's who by the way Hillary supporters campaigned on the idea of change. After 8 years of bush we need change. Also understand that if Hilary wins that would make it at least 36 years that either a bush or a clinton was in the whitehouse, going back to George H. as VP. Doesn't sound very democratic to me. OBAMA 08

February 13, 2008 02:02 am at 2:02 am |
  19. tw

The President has so many advisors and intelligent people surrounding him that the experience factor is really an overrated issue. How many Presidents have we elected whose only experience has been at the state level. President Clinton, a great President, was the President of Arkansas! That's hardly representative of the entire nation. At least Obama has experience in the US Senate and would have a better base of knowledge to work with starting out on how to deal with issues in Congress than did President Clinton. So can we just get over the experience thing? I'm voting for Obama because I believe him to be a better leader and a stronger uniter than Hillary and after 8 years of Bush we need someone who can bring this country back together rather than drive it further apart.

February 13, 2008 04:41 am at 4:41 am |
  20. sivananthi

OBAMA can say anything and can getaway with that because he doesn^t get into controversies………………

LOOK AT Obama's voting record

IT^S SO EASY *******************"

YES WE CAN
    YES WE CAN
    YES WE CAN

NOTHING DONE……

AFTER 4 YEARS ….

YES WE CAN
    YES WE CAN………………..

February 13, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  21. rainman

I sincerely hope that Obama, if he is the next president, surrounds himself with the best people he can find. people like his running mates Joe Biden, John Edwards, Dennis Kucinich, Bill Richardson and even Hillary Clinton... Republicans, Democrats, independents, people from business and industry and science and the arts with a mind to change and grow this country in the right direction. Same with McCain if he gets in. we need bi-partisan collaboration to get things done, not partisan bickering and obstruction.

February 13, 2008 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  22. angelita

Think back to places like China, Germany, Russia, and Jonestown where followers were brainwashed by their so called demagogues. They too believed, it ended in their demise. No need I say more.

February 13, 2008 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  23. Joss

I really don't understand why some democrats say they would rather vote for a republican than Obama. Him and Hillary are so similar in their views it makes no sense to me. The only rationalization is racism. How sad that you would rather vote for someone who vows to stay in Iraq as long as it takes even if its 100 years over someone who stands extremely similar on the issues to Hillary.

I would love someone to explain this rationale to me.

February 13, 2008 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  24. Rachael

Why can't people see that Obama is a copycat. He uses the lines of JFK, MLK, and even Ronald Reagan. It's always nice to hear words that can inspire us or make us dream, but Obama doesn't even have the track record that can prove he can do something. That he can actually make the change he's talking about. He said in one of his speeches that the next President can't make a mistake (because Hillary voted for the war in Iraq given the facts and circumstances), and then in one of his speeches again he admitted that achieving change will be difficult and there will be mistakes that will be made. I thought the next President can't afford to make a mistake???!!! Obama is just one ambitious man who wants to make a name in history. And he is African American. Even if he is downplaying or denying that this election is about race, at the end of the day it is about race. Majority of African Americans are unting against Hillary. Why can't White, Hispanics, and Asians unite for Hillary. I hope everyone will realize that Obama is not just qualified yet to be the next President. And men, please stop being chauvinists and accept the fact that women can be tough and can do the man's job.

February 13, 2008 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  25. angelita

Tw, Clinton was a Governor of Arkansas, and Obama is a Senator from Chicago. Which do you think is higher in rank? Duh!

February 13, 2008 11:57 am at 11:57 am |