February 19th, 2008

Clinton: 'It is about picking a president'

CNN

Watch a clip of Sen. Clinton's speech Tuesday night.

(CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton speaks in Youngstown, Ohio after Sen. Barack Obama is projected the winner in Wisconsin's Democratic primary on Tuesday night.

Related: Clinton: Choice is between 'speeches' vs. 'solutions'

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • Ohio • Wisconsin
  1. poochies

Is that the best you guys can think of? The only thing you can say about Obama is that he gives good speeches!?!?! Well its not his fault that hillary sucks at talking and he is naturally gifted!

February 20, 2008 12:17 am at 12:17 am |
  2. carol

McCain will have it all wrapped up if Obama get the nomination. Democrats for McCain. Go McCain, you will win Fl. You don't steal peoples votes and expect to win here the next time around, doesn't work like that. So DEmocrats for Hillary if ANti Christ is on the ticket work like hell for McCain. I have roots in Pa, also and along with Fl will work like hell to elect McCain, and I don't like him either but he is a better choice than that communist, anti American Obama.

Hillary or McCain

February 20, 2008 12:19 am at 12:19 am |
  3. Hillary is useless

She is so great at implementing change, kind of like her first shot at health care?

The reason people like Obama is that they are tired of the same old thing coming out of Washington – nothing. Politicians are more focused on steroids in baseball than fixing social security, educating our youth, etc.

February 20, 2008 12:21 am at 12:21 am |
  4. Macunaima

I decided not to watch CNN or MSNBC anymore. It is disgusting. They decide to annoint Obama. It is so sad. Oprah called him "the one" This is ridiculous. I want a president not a science fiction character. I hope McCain exposes Obama . His wife Michele scares me. The media has given her a fair ride. Many people will not vote for him and the Republicans will win.
    I also used to contribute for the Democratic National Party but I will stop doing after what they had done to Florida, They knew that the democrats in Florida could not do anything about the date of the primaries. Why the party did not keep at least half of the delegates like the Republicans ?

February 20, 2008 12:24 am at 12:24 am |
  5. Hamilton

I heard that she flew back to New York tonight to lick her wounds. It's such a sad day for Hillary and it really could have been a closer contest if she was really as "experienced" as she claims.

February 20, 2008 12:27 am at 12:27 am |
  6. KMAN

Hey...

Ann, Los Angeles

Obama wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan! So your question about Republicans crossing over to vote for him there is absurd! It's no small wonder that Hillary is losing with uninformed people like you on her side!!

February 20, 2008 12:29 am at 12:29 am |
  7. Ray

rjb Please don't send those goofs to Canada, we have plenty of our oun and we call them concervatives

February 20, 2008 12:30 am at 12:30 am |
  8. Ms H.

What a loser she is.

February 20, 2008 12:31 am at 12:31 am |
  9. picking the president

Indeed it is, Sen. Clinton.

I hope one day this country does elect our 1st female president – and I hope she hasn't ridden to office on her husband's coattails.

Obama 08!

February 20, 2008 12:33 am at 12:33 am |
  10. Dan from MA

Hillary is the champion of the poor and the sick! She is the only candidate who is willing to stand up for Universal Health Care! Thats why she has earned my vote! We need a smart, hardworking woman to clean up the Bush mess! We need someone who will fight for the people! Someone who understands that Health care isn't about money, but about our moral duty as a nation to protect all of our citizens!

February 20, 2008 12:42 am at 12:42 am |
  11. Phyllis, Dallas TX

Hillary is right........ it is about picking a president.

And it looks like the majority don't believe that person is her.

February 20, 2008 12:58 am at 12:58 am |
  12. Chris in Houston

I'm voting for Obama, not because of his speeches but because he moves me. I wouldn't have cared a year ago about who was going to be president until I saw him talk to me. That's the difference. Obama is GENUINE and that appeals to me more than the fake Hillary some of you are supporting. No state is insignificant, I'm not insignificant and Hillary tried to make me feel that way. So Hillary meet ME down here in Texas.

February 20, 2008 01:14 am at 1:14 am |
  13. Jonathan Forbes--Independent

It is about picking a president. And the person who has had the most experience is neither Barack Obama nor Hillary Clinton. The person who has had the most experience is John McCain (he is a 4 term senator.)

February 20, 2008 01:15 am at 1:15 am |
  14. rob

Hillary supporters just dont get. Barack is the winner so CNN wanted to go with the winner and switched to Obama's speech. Plain and simple.

February 20, 2008 01:16 am at 1:16 am |
  15. Viki

No to men in power!
    If Obama would be a woman, he wouldn't stay a chance. Beacuse he is man, he got away with everything.
    Women, do you really think that Obama is the best for this country?

February 20, 2008 01:20 am at 1:20 am |
  16. FHD

People, this is about picking a president not an American idol. Vote smart, vote Hilary.

CNN shame on you for unfair coverage of Hillary. Her speach should not have been cut short. Even CNN is not for substance and all for hype.

February 20, 2008 01:34 am at 1:34 am |
  17. Hugh

And you should learn how to spell apologize.

February 20, 2008 01:36 am at 1:36 am |
  18. Lynn In St. Louis

Once again, CNN is not fair to Hillary. Barack broke into her speech and got 49 minutes of free air time. He used it to campaign and urge voters to vote early for him in Texas.

After listening to McCain's speech tonight, I am convinced that if Barack wins the nomination, the Republicans will remain in the White House. He will get eaten alive in the campaign when McCain goes after him. Hillary will be accused of being racist if she does, but that's because she's a woman and sexism is alive and well in the US.

February 20, 2008 01:36 am at 1:36 am |
  19. Shey

Ohhhh good point MT!!

Why show her speech when she's spouting off about how that's not what counts? " I'm not about speeches' Fine...then you don't get yours aired.

Let her shove her solutions off air to the people in Youngstown, who she'll turn around and ignore if they don't get her a win in Ohio. She's been most ungracious to those who've worked their backends off for her in every state since S.C.

February 20, 2008 01:36 am at 1:36 am |
  20. Lynn In St. Louis

You go Hillary. It is about solutions and not rhetoric. During Barack's speeh on Tuesday, I felt I was at a revival meeting when he said, "I'm not a perfect vessel." Maybe he wants to have Huckabee as his running mate.

February 20, 2008 01:38 am at 1:38 am |
  21. bond

Clinton: 'It is about picking a president."

News flash this just in: "Its not gonna be you Billary."

February 20, 2008 01:50 am at 1:50 am |
  22. Long-term Memory

Why do I feel like I have to watch out for the "change" boomerang to hit me in the head (oh, yeah, it's all the chanting). Anybody looking for change–whatever that might mean now–should read the Republican National Party's preamble from the 2000 election in which they nominated George W. Bush as the Republican candidate. They called him the uniter, the candidate seeking change, the candidate to negotiate with our enemies, a fresh, innovative, and anti-establishment candidate. Maybe it's not the "change" boomerang that's on its way but the deja vu (with all its attendant accent marks) right, left hook.

February 20, 2008 01:50 am at 1:50 am |
  23. Darth Vadik, CA

Yes Hillary, it is, its just not you this time.

Go Obama

February 20, 2008 02:07 am at 2:07 am |
  24. LJ

I really do think people need to go to candidate websites to compare positions and candidate solutions.

February 20, 2008 02:15 am at 2:15 am |
  25. Chirag Patel UK

3 Strikes, gosh even in base ball you can't continue until you have got a home run!

February 20, 2008 02:18 am at 2:18 am |