February 19th, 2008

Exit polls: A party divided?

(CNN) - There’s a fault line running through Wisconsin’s Democratic primary voters in early exit polls Tuesday. Nearly 6 in 10 percent of voters who support Hillary Clinton said they would be satisfied if Barack Obama was the party’s nominee; 40 percent said they would not. But the reverse doesn’t hold true: a slim majority of Obama voters said they would not be satisfied if Clinton becomes the Democratic nominee.

Likely Republican nominee John McCain, who has struggled to win over his party’s conservative base, fares better in that respect than either of his potential fall opponents: among voters who backed Mike Huckabee in Wisconsin’s GOP primary, 65 percent – - said they’d be happy to support McCain in the fall.

–CNN Associate Political Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand

Filed under: Exit Polls • Wisconsin
  1. ANTI CLINTONS

Obama sucks, you are the eone that sucks! you moron! He will get the nod, so vote for McCan't you fool!
    Obama!

February 19, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  2. Shelly

HRC please drop out. Stop embarssing yourself!

February 19, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  3. rjordan

I will not be satisfied with Obama. If he is the candidate, I will vote for McCain. We have now learned that not only does Obama not have experience and has revealed no substance despite all his talk, his words are not even his own. The lofty phrases, successfully used in someone else's campaign, are used by him as a formula to win the White House. His wife is also less than gracious. I can't imagine her as First Lady, she whose pride in America, has come only through her husband's campaign. I guess America hasn't been good enough to her, even with her ivy league education and plush law firm job.

February 19, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  4. Roland

Please Democrats, it's time to coalesce as one party! Obama will have the popular vote and the pledge delegatea by the time of the Denver Convention. It's ludicrous that we should stay fractured while the Republicans are unifying around McCain. If we're serious about winning in November, we need to coalesce as a unified party NOW!

February 19, 2008 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  5. James in Oregon

All the way to the White House for Obama. The American people are so done with the Clinton/Bush/McCain brand of politics.

February 19, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  6. AA

I am proud of being American citizen even though I was not born here, even though I was not given the same previlige as Mrs. Obama got. Her attitudes and remarks make me sick. I can not imagine she becomes our first lady. I am one of the people who will vote for McCain if Obama wins. We need someone who takes action, not a person who repeated skipping voting on improtant issues, who keeps saying empty words, who played the race card himself, who was pumped up by the median...

I love this country. I hope people use their brain to vote, not follow in love with empty words (not to mention about many words were borrowed).

February 19, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  7. K Wood

I myself would like it if the news people would stay out of the politics!!! as far as I can see your running the whole thing. Your telling people who to vote for, Buy way of all you say people can be swayed by you you tell them that Obama is a head and that Clinton should drip out of the race or that , Obama has now got 9 wins so people go a long with you anmd not the way they want Your infloince the race with your comments and people take what you say to heart.

February 19, 2008 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  8. pd

Obama will not be getting my vote or any of the Clinton supporters I know. He will be another McGovern/Dukakis.

February 19, 2008 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  9. William

Oh joy, another president I can't stand in the white house. I'll be voting for McCain, at least I like him, even though I don't agree with his politics.

February 19, 2008 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  10. Judy

The Dems are divided and it is mostly because of the media. they have turned this contest into a racial and sexist issue. NBC and CNN have been totally unfair to Hillary. It is because of the media that if Obama wins this nomination – I will be voting for McCain. No to Obama

February 19, 2008 11:45 pm at 11:45 pm |
  11. Janice

Hillarys new slogan Yes I can mess everything up, yes I can. Obama all the way! Sore losers end up losers all the time! he is the best candidate, always was, we dont need Bill in there as the first gentleman, gentleman Bill, I think not... look at his record, not even loyal to his own family!

February 19, 2008 11:45 pm at 11:45 pm |
  12. Marie

Michelle Obama, I am proud of this country and very ashamed of you.

February 19, 2008 11:45 pm at 11:45 pm |
  13. mh

If Hillary does not win the nomination than for the first time in 20 years I will vote for Republican. McCain has the experience that the President of the Free World needs - OBama has little experience.

This is not a game. It is the real world that has real problems that have to be dealt with by a President that is knowledgable and has the experience to deal with the problems.

Hillary has both the knowledge and experience.

I do not want a cheerleader for President. That is just foolish. Experience counts. This is no longer high school or college.

February 19, 2008 11:46 pm at 11:46 pm |
  14. Shelly-in-PA

( Bo )............you would be more on point if you realized that we DO know Clinton and McCain...........Obama is a very easy choice.

February 19, 2008 11:59 pm at 11:59 pm |
  15. Peter from Canad 4 Obama

Please do your worst , He is your next president.
    There more republican that will vote Obama them democrats that will vote republican.
    Get a life you Obama haters. You ought to be ashame despite the negative ads and attacks about nothing he still prevail.

Take your crying babe home it is time for her to go home look after Bill. After all he is still sick.

February 20, 2008 12:01 am at 12:01 am |
  16. Thimbletack

Cathy,they are NOT Obama supporters,they are NEOCONS TRYING TO SUBVERT the election .

February 20, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |