February 21st, 2008

Schneider: Clinton ends on a strong note

AUSTIN, Texas (CNN) - The audience loved Clinton’s first response when asked about a time she had been tested – a deliberately vague answer that drew a knowing laugh from many in the audience.She then laid out a very eloquent response, essentially saying that her crises are nothing compared to the problems average voters confront.It's one of the few debate answers to get a standing ovation.

– CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider

Filed under: Bill Schneider
  1. Curtis S

I thought she was about to start the "Crying Game" again. Obama has improved drastically but Hillary also put on a good showing especially the last comments. I'm just glad she didn't start crying again.

February 21, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  2. David M. Lucas, Ph.D.

Yes, Bill, but she sounded like she was going to vote for Obama...she said "We're going to be ok after all of this." Wild.

February 21, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  3. Powell

pander pander pander ........

February 21, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  4. R. Koehler

The standing ovation was for her. Senator Clinton hit more than one homerun tonight. She is clearly the stronger candidate next to Obama and McCain.

Madame President you have my vote.

February 21, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  5. danny

Yup. This was no doubt her best moment. It certainly is good to end a debate impressively, but over the entire course of the debate: YAWN.

February 21, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  6. matthew

give me a break. She is not to be believed

7. Hal

They dont really have that major difference. Her last answer was the most effective the entire speach. Obama kept consistent and did not change his stand. Why did Clinton make plaigerizm into an issue, its silly politics.

She even gut booed for that.

I think she needs to really sit down and try not to accuse people of xeroxing. Its wrong clearly, however Obama really kicked it.

8. Amy in Iowa

Her closing made me comfortable about voting for Obama. To know Hillary will be okay when she is not nominated helped my decision about Obama.

It is true, the Clintons will be okay and they served the country well during their time. It is now time to turn the page and elect Barack Obama. Thanks Hillary for your confirmation and closing.

9. Tara

Hats off to Hillary!!

10. Mike Ackerman

They don't have many differences, so why is he beating her so easily lately? Well for one I wish the press would talk about likeability – that what it comes down to and he wins easily!

11. me

Very powerful!!

12. jd

She remains in my mind as a thoughtful, well-spoken woman. I wish the media has so done her wrong.

13. Mary C.

What a great job she did! And she's right, and I believe this came from her heart.

14. Thomas

I'm in tears! Hillary did a wonderful job!

15. anne-marie

that was amazing! I hope she wins. but unfortunatly there are too many people who hate her, which will go against her.

16. RC from VA

If she can keep comin accross like that OB will be out. Notice though how OB like the remarks were – no substance just hopeful.

17. Elena

YEAH HILLARY!

18. larry

I AGREE WITH YOU 100% BILL.I ONLY HOPE SHE CAN BEAT OBAMA..HES GOOD AN IM COMFY WITH EITHER ONE BUT I DO THINK ITS VERY HARD TO PICK JUST ONE..ITS SAD THERE SOME WHAT DIFFERENT.IF YA REALLY WANT CHANGE!! THEN WHO EVER IS PRESIDENT (HOPEFULLY DEMOCRATES) IF ITS OBAMA THEN HAVE A VP AS A REPUBLICAN...THATS REAL CHANGE

19. Michael Godin

She still can't control Bill, she will be able to control our country??

20. Damien

This was Hillary's best ending in her candidacy.

21. David

Did she answer the question? No again she does not give direct answers. She did not describe the moment in her life when she was tested the most.

22. david

THE CROWD GAVE A STANDING -O NOT FOR CLINTON,BUT BECAUSE IT WAS A GREAT DEBATE AND ITS OVER.YOU'S LOVE HILLARY SO MUCH YOUR TO DUMBFOUNDED TO NOTICE.IDIOTS!!!

23. Kelly

It was the best moment of the night for Hillary. She needs more of those or she will be gone after March 4th. Two incredibly strong candidates and the party to lead this country into success and prosperity in the future.

I don't support Mrs. Clinton but that final moment of the night was well spoken and displayed her real person side.

Great debate, Ramos did a good job!

24. Catherine

Go Hillary!!!!! She is the winner.

25. MN Woman

She absolutely deserved that standing ovation, it came straight from her heart and beliefs. Obama was still writing and that finger was coming up to make some point and the ovation was spontaneous for her comments.

Go Hillary, this is why we need you.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23