February 21st, 2008

Schneider: Clinton won't drop healthcare issue

AUSTIN, Texas (CNN) - Clinton clearly feels she can gain ground against Obama on healthcare.

Despite the moderator's repeated attempt to move on, Clinton kept returning to the issue.

She knows Obama is most on the defensive when talking about healthcare - she understands this issue through and through, and wants the audience to know it.

Related: Watch the candidates debate their health care plans

– CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider

Filed under: Bill Schneider
  1. JenniferWA

Hillary is a one-issue candidate. Healthcare is her pet issue. That's fine. She can be in the cabinet working on that important issue then. We need a president that is capable of handling all the issues.

February 21, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  2. s0fia

bettyc a female senior citizen? your post is juvenile and smacks of sexism leveled at your own gender. What sparks such hatred toward Hillary Clinton? Why don't you checkout the work she has done since a young adult for women, children, families, and people who have no voice. She could have simply languished in a comfortable, privileged life if she'd so chosen; instead she has struggled to improve others' lives, even senior females spewing bitterness like yourself.

February 21, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  3. roondune

We have to get the insurance companies out of the healthcare debate! I understand mandatory auto insurance. If I can't afford it, I don't drive. I can't not get sick if I can't afford it. This is the biggest reason I support Obama.

February 21, 2008 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  4. Ky HillBilly

I am a republican, but I can't help but comment about about the glaring differences between these two candidates. Clinton seems to be more specific in her ennunciations and seems to know the finer points of her policies. Obama seems to be down-to-earth. He seems to to get across to me and you by avoiding the technical gibberish that makes us bored to death. Obama also seems to avoid personal attacks and seemingly wants to discuss the issues, while clinton seems to be focussed on xeroxed speeches.

February 21, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  5. Teresa

It may seem that they are close on the issues, but if she is speaking first, he is just mimicking what she says. She is right about the Xerox thing. Be your own person . Make your own way in this world. She is the right person for the job. She knows all these foriegn people that will have to be dealt with and they know her. Someday he mighty be Presidential material , but not yet. If the momentum doesn't swing the other way I hope Obama is taking a lot of note., He will need them.

February 21, 2008 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |