February 23rd, 2008

Clinton pushes debate moment in new ad

A new ad shows Clinton's final moment at Thursday's CNN debate.
A new ad shows Clinton's final moment at Thursday's CNN debate.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Democrat Hillary Clinton is launching a new ad in Ohio and Texas Saturday that features portions of her widely-praised final answer in CNN's debate last week - the campaign's latest effort to make the moment a defining one in the New York senator's White House bid.

The 60 second spot called "Resolved" shows much of Clinton's final moment at Thursday's debate during which she said, "You know the hits I've taken are nothing compared to what goes on every single day in the lives of people across our country."

"I resolved at a very young age that I'd been blessed and that I was called by my faith and by my upbringing to do what I could to give others the same opportunities and blessings that I took for granted," Clinton is also seen saying in the ad.

Bill Clinton also sent a fundraising e-mail to supporters Saturday seeking $1.3 million dollars to run the ad in all the March 4 primary states.

"Everyone in the upcoming primary states of Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island, and Vermont needs to see that moment," the former president writes in the e-mail.

The spot is one of four new ads launching in either Ohio or Texas - the two delegate rich states that Clinton's campaign has deemed crucial.

A 30 second spot hitting Texas airwaves called "Deliver" touts the New York senator's accomplishments with regards to healthcare and education, and the ad's narrator, in an implicit swipe at rival Barack Obama, says, "In Texas, when there's work to be done, talk doesn't cut it."

In Ohio, former Sen. John Glenn is the star of a new 30 second ad called "Proud," in which he touts Clinton's economic record: "As long as Annie and I have known her, Hillary's fought for working people," Glenn, who endorsed Clinton earlier this month, says.

Another 30 second ad hitting Ohio airwaves called "level" also pushes the New York senator's economic record, characterizing her as a fighter "for America's middle class."

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Eric - N.Y.C.

Her win at all costs makes me ill.

February 23, 2008 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  2. Bill

Ohio will not vote for someone who supported NAFTA. In the last month many factorys and companys have close down due to the effect of Nafta, a bill that hillary supported. I will now shift my vote Borack Obama. Hillary you lost my vote. In ohio we need our jobs.

February 23, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  3. Keith

Academy Award goes to...

Hillary Clinton for "The Two Faces of Hillary".

Amazing.

February 23, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  4. California Love

I always say: When hope is all you have, all is hopeless. I prefer solid planning and real solutions, not pie-in-the-sky "hope" for change with no plan or even a hint of one.

Vote for Obama if you believe in HEARTS, RAIMBOWS AND UNICORNS....

February 23, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  5. Serge in Miami,FL

Desperation, I know thy name... thou art Hillary. LOL! Watch the theatrics, the posture, the overall pompous nature of those 60 seconds... she's the new Shakespeare! If any of you don't believe how incredibly staged and prepared that rhetoric was, then I have bridge I'm willing to sell you in San Francisco... cheap!!!

February 23, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  6. Leon

GO HILLARY!!!

You DESERVE the nomination!

February 23, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  7. Margi

I've already seen it in it's full context, don't need to see it again.

Obama 08!

February 23, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  8. Mike, Georgia

What moment? The one where she "lifted" words from her husband's and John Edwards' speeches???

Big surprise! If the people of Texas and Ohio fall for that nonsense...Well I will just say, I hope they are smarter than the New Hampshire voters that fell for that crying bit!

February 23, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  9. Phil Hull

I wonder if her new ad credits her husband for coming up with the "I've taken some hits" line she used at the end of the debate. All of this talk about plagiarism from Hillary and she's the worst at lifting lines from other people.

February 23, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  10. Lucas G Vitale

I have to say that was the most defining moment of the night that is very true and the fact that she is touting it bravo to her she is a very strong woman and to play her down like most people have done is very disconcerting.

February 23, 2008 06:50 pm at 6:50 pm |
  11. Josie

honestly, the standing ovation was due to her comments being the end of the debate. There was nothing worth standing for in what she said and hacked from her husband's earlier speech. A CNN anchor also stated this. Why are we continuously trying to string this election along. She should be sobbing due to her losses. Its hard to stomach the fact that she's lost state after state after state. What would she say if the shoe was on the other foot. ie Huckabee. She can't beat McCain and that's that! Can we please move on folks!?

February 23, 2008 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  12. Amparo

HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT 08 & 12

Obama is invited to join as vice president and John Edwards as Attorney General.

oh, McCain is also invited, of course.

NOW, THAT IS CONCENSUS!

February 23, 2008 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  13. anthony maalouf

OBAMA needs to stop lieing and needs to realize that clinton has more expeitience and can do the job alot better, and the problem is that obama has a way with words but he will not do what he is saying.

February 23, 2008 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  14. Stephy, Groton Connecticut

She is using the part where (in my opinion) she acknowledged losing? She is expecting to pull some kind of New Hampshire "feel sorry you" in Texas, and Ohio?
    ok...let see if Americans can fall for that kind of nonsense again...

February 23, 2008 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  15. Karen

Wow, one minute she said she's honored to be with Barack Obama in the election and now is trying to push the "defining" moment on TV ad. the next she shouted "shame on you barack!"

Has she got a split personalities disorder?

February 23, 2008 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  16. Genevieve Burns

CNN is prejudice all the media and journalist talk about Obama.
    I received two pieces mail from Obama's campaign smearing Hillary Clinton, I threw in trash can. Shame on everyone! I was going to vote for Obama but now I will vote for Hillary Clinton.

February 23, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  17. capris

Well, it was actually a good moment for John Edwards, who originally made the remarks. She is a bad candidate, and an even worse actress, if that is possible. Just go away, and leave us alone Billary.

February 23, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  18. Corey

Jekyll and Hyde Hillary, playing nice one day and in the dirt the next, saying Barack is both naive and subject to the Republican attack machine, but also calling him a Karl Rove sneaky politician.

make up your mind, Hillary.

February 23, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  19. Ms. Grace

Obama would get the same treatement he's getting now. No one's about to touch you because you half black.

February 23, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  20. Joe Ossai, Bedford, NH

Who in their right mind will continue to sent money to Hillary campaign?

Talk about "state of denial"

A simple question for Hillary supporters:

If Hillary had won 11 straight contest since super Tuesday and ahead in delegate, would you encourage Obama to continue or drop out ?.

Please be honest in your answer.

February 23, 2008 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  21. Geoffrey LaFond

Buried at the end of this article is the following disclaimer:

UPDATE: An earlier version of this report incorrectly stated Obama said he would quit if he had lost as many contests as Clinton.

But the title of the article on the home page still reads:

"Ticker: I'd quit if I lost like Clinton, Obama says."

Reads like something Fox reporting would do.

February 23, 2008 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  22. roger freeman

We're in a real mess if all we have are those two losers, Clinton (wife) and Africa Obama. Africa because he owes first allegiance to his tribe in Africa.

If he gets in, and God help us if he does, how much taxpayers money is going to go to his tribe in Africa?

Lord help us!!!!

roger freeman
    Scottsdale, AZ 85258

February 23, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  23. Deborah

She is looking to fund her campaign by making issues about insignificant wrongs made by Obama for example: plagiarism. Why should we care about that? Now Hillary is on another rampage, in regards to her health care plan. She should take the high road, and tell the American public about her healthcare plan. Instead of getting angry about the situation and casting ill will for Barack.
    However, she should look at the possibility of being vice president to bring the party together. The Clintons had their chance in the white house and now I want to see a real change.
    Go Obama! Go!

February 23, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  24. Anonymous

would someone please explain to Obama that it is NOT the number of states you win, it is the number of delegates!

Hillary is in it to win it!

February 23, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  25. Janann

Wasn't Hillary a Republican initally?

February 23, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |