February 25th, 2008
4 months ago

Clinton gets sarcastic, mocks Obama

CNN

Watch Clinton campaign in Rhode Island Sunday and make light of Obama's message (starting at 0:40).

(CNN) – A day after Hillary Clinton angrily called on Barack Obama to stop mailing campaign literature she said misrepresented her positions, the New York senator adopted a more sarcastic tone toward her rival on a campaign swing through Rhode Island Sunday.

Speaking to a crowd at Rhode Island College, Clinton said, "None of the problems we face will be easily solved," and then went on to mock Obama's message of unity.

“Now, I could stand up here and say, ‘Let’s just get everybody together. Let’s get unified,'" Clinton said to laughter of the crowd.

"The skies will open, the light will come down, celestial choirs will be singing and everyone will know we should do the right thing and the world will be perfect,” she said dryly as the crowd erupted.

“Maybe I’ve just lived a little long, but I have no illusions about how hard this is going to be," Clinton continued. "You are not going to wave a magic wand to make special interests disappear."

Clinton spent much of Sunday in Rhode Island, a state that has long supported both Clintons and votes on March 4, along with Texas, Ohio, and Vermont. With polls showing tight races in Ohio and Texas, and an overwhelming lead for Obama in Vermont, Clinton is hoping for a big win there.

“This little state has a big voice on March 4 to help choose the next president,” she added.

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

1. A concerned citizen

She is actually telling the truth. Take a minute and reflect on it. Obama cannot do anything..he hasn't thought about anything..he is all words...useless pointless words.

HRC 2008

February 25, 2008 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  2. Daniel

She's speaking the truth. The truth hurts for those living in the clouds.

February 25, 2008 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  3. midwestmama

I would be so proud to elect a woman president, but this is not the woman for the job. This isn't the playground in grade school! Desperation abounds in Hillary's camp, why else resort to "mocking" Obama?

February 25, 2008 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  4. Kay the Dem

Indeed it is "silly season" within Hillary's campaign. No one likes you Hillary, drop out now while some people still hold a margin of respect for you!

February 25, 2008 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  5. NY

To Obama's supporters, just so you know he has been very disrespectful and condencending as well so don't like he is a saint.

February 25, 2008 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  6. hms

Hillary's comments are excatly my thoughts..

How will he deliver on the big promises with no rec ords. IWhat is the change that he has been calling for? It is easy to preach but do we want a preacher as a president? Don't we have enough preachers in our churches who make money and sit on golden toilets while the people suffer.

And lately Obama has been using the same old tricks of politics that all other politicians use. So how do you believe him when he says that he is above washington politics.

Remember a bufoon like Bush also got a second term. If we are not careful we may land in the same situation.

PS: CNN: please remove your Obama hat and out on the fair media hat and print my comments.

February 25, 2008 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  7. Joe (Wayland, NY)

I started this campaign last year defending Hillary to all of my friends who didn't like her. The past few months, Hillary has shown us "bits and pieces" of her character. I'm convinced that she is calculated and motivated only by personal ambition. Hillary has lost all of my trust and support with how she has campaigned in this primary. As she tries to paint Mr. Obama as inexperienced and lacking concrete plans, she exposes her own lack of willingness to listen to a huge part of the Democratic base. It seems like she has lost her ideals. Where is the woman who worked on children's issues? From her press "attack" of Mr. Obama over the weekend, all I see is Cruella-deville. If she's upset with a foreign leader (as President) will she hold a press conference and scream at them too? (It wasn't a very statesman-like moment for her...none too professional.) Hillary Clinton has shown herself to be back-stabbing, malicious, and under-handed. I will not vote for her. I wonder how many others feel the way I do?

February 25, 2008 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  8. ME

She said exactly what I think. You go girl! He is a joke and will never vote for him.

February 25, 2008 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  9. swimmergeorge

I noticed that Senator Obama is freely allowed to mock and criticize Senator Clinton and other political leaders that he doesn't like or agree with. However, when Senator Obama is mocked and criticized, Senator Clinton is characterized as petty, shrill, unreasonable, and desperate. Senator Obama's supporters and the media seem to overlook and condone his behavior and actions and harshly criticize and rebuke Senator Clinton for the sarcasm and critical comments that Obama gives during every political speech.

February 25, 2008 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  10. Lionel

This is the way Hilary shoul have gone a long time ago; the guy is all words and NO SUDSTANCE. If only people would see through him. Like I keep saying; the Republicans would eat Obama alive.

February 25, 2008 11:57 am at 11:57 am |