February 25th, 2008

Polls: Clinton holds lead in Ohio

Clinton has a lead in Ohio, though it's smaller than it once was.
Clinton has a lead in Ohio, though it's smaller than it once was.

(CNN) Hillary Clinton holds a clear lead over rival Barack Obama in Ohio according to three new polls out Monday, though the Illinois senator is gaining ground in the crucial March 4 primary state.

New surveys conducted by Quinnipiac University, the University of Cincinnati, and the American Research Group all show Clinton with roughly a 10 point lead over Obama, with eight days to go until Ohioans head to the polls.

In the Quinnipiac University poll, Clinton leads Obama by 11 points (51- 40 percent). She holds an 8 point lead in the University of Cincinnati poll (47 percent to 39 percent), and a 10 point lead in the American Research Group poll (49 – 39 percent).

While Clinton still holds a lead in Ohio, a Quinnipiac poll released on February 12 showed Clinton with a 21-point lead over Obama, and a Columbus Dispatch Poll released late last month had Clinton up 23 percent there.

After 11 straight Obama wins, the Clinton campaign has said that victories in Ohio and Texas are crucial to the New York senator's White House hopes.

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

1. Peter Damoah-Afari

Latinos, Asians and other minority groups in America should be careful of the Clintons. Their own people – Whites, know them very well. That is why they have made their decision to try other candidates who are much better them the Clintons. They are trying to take advantage of the minority groups with fake and dirty tricks. Please open your eyes and vote for the right person.

February 25, 2008 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  2. Sane Voter

OBAMA FANS UNITE...

...and walk off a cliff. You're nothing but sheep. Your leader is a false prophet and will not, cannot, deliver on the goods he promises.

February 25, 2008 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  3. Kim

Hillary is so desparate, she's grasping for straws. So far, the only thing she's shown in this campaign is that she's a follower NOT A LEADER! Obama has the leadership, intellect and character to turn this country around. More power to the people!

February 25, 2008 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  4. Abby

Yikes! So much venom from Obamidiots here! It just shows they're very scared of Hillary ha ha!!! I'm glad to report that Hillary is strong and getting stronger with every attack.

Fight on Hillary! The sensibles among us know you are the most qualified candidate and will make a great president.

MADAM PRESIDENT HILLARY CLINTON!!!

February 25, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  5. TAA

I am glad to see Hillary go after Obama, we have been listening to all of his hot air long enough, I am just sorry she hasn't gone after him sooner. GO HILLARY GO!!!!

February 25, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  6. matt

Time for Hillary to step down, and support the united democratic party. She's trying to do anything just to win the votes. She supported for NAFTA in her book, and now says NAFTA is bad for America, she's saying this only because she's running for president. Also, her health care plan is a mandate, where she will go after your wages even if u can't afford it, she even said that in one of the debates. For those of us who are honest with ourselves (doesn't matter if u're a democrat/republican or independent, and doesn't matter if u're white, black, latino or asian), you know that she's been trying all the negative & dirty political tactics against Obama, just to win the votes, and she lost 11 continuously now. Even now she's continuing to degrade Obama. I am ashamed to be a former Hillary supporter. I am supporting Obama now, many of my friends, we all were supporting Hillary, but now that we see her true attitudes, we are changing our minds. We are from Ohio, and Ohio is for Obama. For people that still support Hillary, please think about it again, do u want a president that is willing to go after someone go negatively just to win your votes ? or do u want someone who really wants us all to be united & fight the common problems we are facing as Americans. Please think, don't just vote for her, because u support her, please carefully think before u vote. She in the debate almost cried, and said it was honor to be with Obama, and immediately two days after that she's going negative on Obama again. PLease support Obama. Lets come together, as united Americans, and vote for Obama. Thanks, CNN please post my comments. u never post my comments. I want to reach out to the people with my comments. Post my comments, post my comments CNN

February 25, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  7. Dan, Washington DC

Any politician that has ever claimed to be a uniter and an agent of change has been a bold-faced liar. People don't change Washington, Washington changes people. So in this election I'd rather have the devil we know than the devil we don't. We know with Hillary as president we will have a ton of scandals and backroom deals, but things for the most part will get done. Nobody can say for certain what will happen with Obama. He might truly change things and we'll live happily ever after or he might mess everything up with his naivete and we'll all be worse off than ever. That's not a risk I want to take right now. The important thing to do right now is fix what Bush is leaving behind, then we can move on to overhauling the government.

February 25, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  8. Joseph

Ohio is going to cause Obama's campaign to stop abruptly. Ohio has always been a bellweather state and has had a history of picking winners and strong candidates. Obama will not win Ohio. Face it Obama supporters, Obama cannot win in Ohio. Get used to it!

February 25, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  9. juanita wroblewski

Hillary is not only acting schizophrenic but more like white trash than a political figure. Who in their right mind would vote for a person like that? I am a 73 year white female and I say shame on you Hillary Clinton.

February 25, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  10. Mike

It has been said that to attack Hillary's record is much easier than Obama's because he relatively has none. An analogy of it would be like saying Hillary is a bad driver because she has tickets and accidents on her many years of driving. Therefore we should trust Obama to drive our country even though he is a teenage driver, he has a clean driving record.

Personally I think with that analogy in mind that Obama's first big wreck should not be done as president.

February 25, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  11. Pam

I totally agree with you Michelle. Don't be duped by Obama and his smooth talk. Before you vote, READ about the candidates and their accomplishments. Be informed BEFORE you go to vote. Obama's sermons on the mound are nothing of substance, just a lot of hot air. People that follow that line of talk he delivers are just lemmings.

I'll sooner write in Hillary's name in November if she isn't the Democratic candidate or vote Republican before I see Obama as leader of this country. Sorry but you don't go from the mailroom to CEO. You need to do the time, Barry!

February 25, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  12. Alec

March 4th, I will have a bottle of champagne:

If Obama wins the contests in Ohio and/or Texas, I will be toasting him!

If Hillary wins them, I will drown my sorrows!

February 25, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  13. Tom Wittmann

Pat 2 of Part 1 filed 3.05 pm

SO: Feb. 14: Clinton kleads by 19 points Last Weekend: by 11 points
    Looks very similar to Wisconsin.
    As stated above, the trend is WORRISOME, by the time of the primary
    OBAMA probably will win or at worst draw.

But even idf the 11 points remain, Hillary would get an advantage discount of only approx. 14-20 pledged delegates, from the present advantage of 143 Obama enjoys.

TOM

February 25, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  14. Carol

A question for AOS:

Are you really a Republican as you claimed or a Democratic with your hidden agenda?

You sound like a Democratic to me, becasue normally a Republican won't take side in democratic affair, vice versa. If you support Obama, that is perfectly right for you. Please never ever pretend who u r not and try to get something hidden behind your words. Get real.

February 25, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  15. Tired of Clinton's tactics

I use to be a Hillary fan, but have moved to the Obama campaign. I'm tired of her attacks on other candidates, and then getting upset when the same tactics are directed back at her. The other candidates have tried to turn the other cheek, but she is getting worse now that she is losing. I am sorry we won't have our first woman president this year, but she lost control of her campaign and turned many of us off.
    For the Hillary supporters attacking CNN, they aren't showing their bias, they are showing you what the majority of the country is saying, and you need to stop scapegoating them.

February 25, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  16. Firewmn

Goooo..... Barack Obama..........

Gooooooooo....... Barack Obama

OBAMA ......08......... and may our counrty sleep better each night knowing Hillary is not at the helm.......

February 25, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  17. Brenda, NC

Don't give up, Hillary! There is no reason for Senator Clinton to drop out of the race. It is not over–all states have not voted yet. There are many of us who think she is the best qualified candidate and would be proud to have her as our next President.

February 25, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  18. Rich

Don't count Hillary out, the Clintons will hit a new low in an attenpt to win Ohio and Texas. Even if she loses she will take the fight to the convention in the hope of getting the Michigan (156 delegates) and Florida (210 delegats) delegates seated. There is a 1940 ruling she plans to use at the convention to accomplish this task. Once she has these delegated seated and with the support of the super delegates she will declare victory.

February 25, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  19. Mary G Cordero

Please, I wish everyone would get a grip. Obama talks real pretty, but pretty talk will not get the job done. He is always evading the questions put to him, and I don't think his pretty talk will help him if he is picked and has to debate McCain.

You all going for Obama say it is because he can bring real change. I don't see how. You want real change, well my god, lets put a woman in there now.

Hillary really knows her stuff and is coming from a different perspective.

I say I want change.

I want Hillary for president.

February 25, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  20. Peter Damoah-Afari

The gap will be narrowed down to negative 5% in favour of Obama before March 4. That is Obama will 5% to what Hillary has now and Hillary will take what Obam has now minus 5%. Hillary is a looser and she is going to loose by all means.

February 25, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  21. Fowler

Hillary, start working on your concession speech !

February 25, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  22. Obama Mama aka Helen

Wake up people. Can't you see, there a need for change.
    OBAMA 08

February 25, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  23. mike

Nice story in our paper this weekend. I hadn't heard much about it , but apparently Hiliary Clinton had.
    Title= "With supporters like this" (State Sen. Kirk Watson)

" On MSNBC's Hardball, host Chris Matthews asked the Austin Democrat to list some of Obama's legislative accomplishments, but Watson blanked. After being asked repeatedly, the former Austin mayor finally said "I am not going to be able to do that tonight." "

February 25, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  24. Las Mascaras de la Nada

Obama is a myth.

February 25, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  25. Bill Clinton

Hil, would you pick up a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk on your way home tonight?

Thank.s.