February 25th, 2008

Polls: Clinton holds lead in Ohio

Clinton has a lead in Ohio, though it's smaller than it once was.
Clinton has a lead in Ohio, though it's smaller than it once was.

(CNN) Hillary Clinton holds a clear lead over rival Barack Obama in Ohio according to three new polls out Monday, though the Illinois senator is gaining ground in the crucial March 4 primary state.

New surveys conducted by Quinnipiac University, the University of Cincinnati, and the American Research Group all show Clinton with roughly a 10 point lead over Obama, with eight days to go until Ohioans head to the polls.

In the Quinnipiac University poll, Clinton leads Obama by 11 points (51- 40 percent). She holds an 8 point lead in the University of Cincinnati poll (47 percent to 39 percent), and a 10 point lead in the American Research Group poll (49 – 39 percent).

While Clinton still holds a lead in Ohio, a Quinnipiac poll released on February 12 showed Clinton with a 21-point lead over Obama, and a Columbus Dispatch Poll released late last month had Clinton up 23 percent there.

After 11 straight Obama wins, the Clinton campaign has said that victories in Ohio and Texas are crucial to the New York senator's White House hopes.

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

1. Becky

Wake up America, Hillary is a spoiled brat. NO ONE has all the answers and NO ONE can run this country alone. They both will be relying on advisors and such to confir with on ALL the issues. At least we know that Obama will be looking for poeple who will have his frame of mind and be looking for new ways to bring change about that will make the American people better off.

Hillary is out for Hillary – don't ever be fooled.

February 25, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  2. Maeen

Hillary's lead in Ohio is numbered. Hillary supported NAFTA that took jobs away from Ohio. Texas will be won by Obama and so will Ohio.

Go Obama '08

February 25, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  3. Armando

Go Hillary you will win here in Texas and you will win Ohio. Clinton 08

February 25, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  4. Obamalamadingdong

If Obama gets the nom I'll jump the party fence to McCain.

February 25, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  5. Lynn

Usually it's "May The Best Liar Win" But really Hillary you change personality from day to day and I find that a little scary. I don't feel as though I could trust you to run the country as you appear to be like a spoiled child when things aren't going your way. What makes Obama appealing is that he remains cool when under fire and isn't that who we want running this country someone who IS "cool under fire". If everytime someone ruffles your feathers and you act like a child which you have over the years this makes me feel as though you are going to run this country with your emotions rather than with a level head.

February 25, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  6. Patrick

Hillary will only be ready day one because she'll have a former president on the east lawn reading to school kids.

Get real people. Hillary is just as inexperienced, maybe moreso than Obama. My wife is a doctor, does that mean I can quit my job in finance, and diagnose your illnesses?

Being married to a president doesn't make you ready on day one.

February 25, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  7. Nick

Go ahead and vote for empty words.
    We know in Chicago, that the same electorate that elected Tod Stroger and a bunch of other "windy city" politicians is why Obama is a senator in the first place.
    Use your head, ask yourself what does this big empty bubble called "Change" means...

February 25, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  8. Stavy

Hillary does not have a fat chance in hell to win TX or OH. She knows this, but people are now seeing that she is trying to destroy Obama's chances so that she can run in the next four years. After her recent polarizing tactics, she will be lucky to win her senate seat, she forgets that she is the senator from NY, the most diverse state in the country.

February 25, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  9. Stan

If Hillary had divorced Bill and stood on her own two feet- I believe she would have done much better as a nominee and as a human being.

There is absolutely no way that anyone in their right mind would vote for someone to lead our country that has absolutely no self-respect!

She is a complete sham and absolute disgrace for women and the United States of America!

February 25, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  10. Peter Damoah-Afari

A looser mocking a winner? ............how strange, how desperate and how cheap!!!!

February 25, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  11. Jo oklahoma

BOY OBAMA GROUP WILL GO TO ANYTHING TO SET HILLARY UP. IT WAS FROM HIS ON CAMPANY BUNCH THAT PUT THAT PIC. OUT SO HILLARY WOULD GET BLAME FOR IT, TO HELP HIM WIN TEXAS AND OHIO. WAKE UP PEOPLE. ANYONE THAT RUN WITH LOUIS FARRAKHAN, TONY REZKO, AND YOU THINK OBAMA DIDN'T LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME TO GET WHERE HIS IS TODAY. GROW UP PEOPLE AND GET WISE TO LIFE AND GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND. HILLARY I BELIEVE IN YOU. YOU HAVE MY VOTE GO HILLARY
    JO OKLAHOMA

February 25, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  12. Tony

There should be no place in politics for people like Hillary and Bill, let alone to run again for president. Shame on the "Democratic" party for supporting those racists. And yes, Obama is right, change is needed and I think it should start within the "Democratic" party.

February 25, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  13. JC

I have more faith in the people from Ohio and that they will see through Hilary's devisive, and derisive sound bites than I do with these polls. I think that most people are a little more grounded than to allow themselves to be taken in by Clinton's negative un-presidential antics. Do your own research. There's plenty of factual information out there.

February 25, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  14. Mary G Cordero

Oh I forgot, Obama wants to give illegal aliens a license to drive. I am hispanic, but I am totally against that. Let them earn the right to drive legally by becoming legal themselves first.

February 25, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  15. Armando

Oh wow what do we have here? Look at the latest polls in Texas Hillary is increasing her lead again. To bad the polls don't call all the heavily populated hispanic majority cities. That would show Hillary's lead to be even bigger. She will win Texas by at least 8 percent.

February 25, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  16. Travis

I really don't understand the people who constantly say "I've been a Democrat my whole life but I'm going to vote for McCain if A or B get's the nomination." Really? How much of a Democrat are you?? I've seen it from both Clinton and Obama supporters, and it is a ridiculous argument. It makes you look stupid.

February 25, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  17. Jan in MI

I just don't believe the comments of the people on this board.

When Hillary concedes this nomination.....who are they going to beat up on them. Not the PERFECT OBAMA.

I will not vote for him and it looks like he will be the nominee. Because the media has already nominated him....CNN how come the negative comments for OBAMA don't get posted.

I vote democrat more often than not, but this year if he is nominated I won't be voting for him. I guess I will sit this one out.

If people are so sure he is going to win,......then Why are they no nasty about Clinton They shouldn't be angry.....there is no problem, he will win

February 25, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  18. Christopher

Hillary is the comeback gal!

President Hillary Rodham Clinton – Has a nice ring, doesn't it?

February 25, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  19. Debbie

I am a female. I love the fact that a female is running for office. But I was very disappointed that my state voted for Hiliary. Hillary Clinton is unstable. How many times has she changed her mind on issues? She was for the war, now she's against the war, she was for NAPTA now she against NAPTA. What other things has she changed her mind on. We need a president that will stand against the odds, stand against other politicians, big businesses, spouses and whoever goes against what best for the people. Ohio don't you wonder why Hilliard doesn't have a link to the facts website? She doesn't want you to know the truth. She only wants to give you her emotional feeling for the day. Also she's so full of herself. Her favorite word is "I". As a senator and 1st lady she sure has done a lot for this country all by herself. Don't you think as President she'll have that same arrogant, argumentive, unstable behavoir with the rest of the democratic party? She's not a team player. It's in speech. Can't you hear it? We don't want the Democratic Party to be divided like the Rep. Party do we? Wake up Ohio and US overall.

February 25, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  20. Moshe

Obama is a fraud, please people think about what you need, not about the next american idol (I am not sure he has the skills).

February 25, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  21. TraceyS

Interesting....I have now sent two similar emails re my support of Hillary. Neither has made it to this blog, but a whole truckload pro-Obama are getting right in during this whole last hour.

Hmmm, I'm starting to wonder if there's any truth to the bloggers who claim CNN is jaded??

February 25, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  22. Luke

I have just decided to vote for Hillary Clinton.
    Did anyone see the weekend update with Tina Fey, she was so wise.
    All these Obama supporters have the same tone, they are arrogant and fake, but then again look at who they support. Zing! haha

February 25, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  23. LisaMpls

Keep on working hard, Team Hillary!!

I am behind you 100% and strongly believe that Hillary is the best person to solve our country's problems. She has the scars to prove that she has fought tirelessly for all of us. Over 6 million children have healthcare thanks to Hillary. Protestant and Catholic women in Northern Ireland began working things out thanks to Hillary. Adoption is easier thanks to Hillary. Breast cancer research has received more funding thanks to Hillary. Females in different areas across the globe have greater access to education, healthcare and economic opportunities thanks to Hillary. 9/11 victims and victims' families have received more compensation thanks to Hillary. Ground zero workers have received more healthcare thanks to Hillary. Etc.

She has proved that she is the best candidate for the job. Please support Hillary!!

February 25, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  24. T4Clinton

Go Hillary!

Maybe you'll post this, proberly not. it's time for twenty ads for Obama!

February 25, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  25. carmen

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you,
    then they fight you, then you win." – Gandhi
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sen.Obama will win, America will win!

February 25, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |