February 26th, 2008

Clinton: I always get the first question

Clinton and Obama squared off Tuesday night.
Clinton and Obama squared off Tuesday night.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton appeared to suggest Barack Obama has consistently received favorable treatment at recent Democratic debates, saying Tuesday night she is often the first one to field questions from the debate moderators.

"Can I just point out in the last several debates, I seem to get the first question all the time?" Clint said during the second question of Tuesday's debate. "And I don't mind, I'll be happy to field them. I just find it curious that I keep getting the first question on all the issues."

Referencing a recent Saturday Night Live skit that portrayed the press as overwhelmingly in favor of Obama, Clinton also joked, "Maybe we should ask Barack if he's comfortable and needs another pillow.”

Clinton's comments echoed those of her communications director, Howard Wolfson, who on Tuesday sharply criticized the press coverage of the Democratic race.

“I think it is true that every time the Obama campaign in this campaign has attacked Sen. Clinton in the worst kind of personal ways, attacked her veracity, attacked her credibility, said that she would say or do anything to get elected, the press has largely applauded him," he said.

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

1. Obama supporter - Milwaukee

Great debate!
    Russert posed some very strong questions to both candidates to catch them both off guard at times – good for him to ask the straight and tough questions.
    Unfortunately for Clinton, my gut feeling is that she is losing supporters with every comment she makes. Why do I feel that way!!??
    Obama just cannot be budged, he has some sort of invicibility to him that Hillary has simply not figured out yet!
    I think her chances are seriously diminishing.

February 26, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  2. Kelly Anne

Very childish Hillary.

I guarantee you the pundits are mocking you tomorrow over the SNL whine.

SNL is a comedy show. Who cares?

Grow up!!

February 26, 2008 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  3. OBAMA 08, Yes

Contrary to the Clinton Shame on You shock, Obama acts like the leader for me, for us all!!!

February 26, 2008 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  4. Deann

The MSNBC cuts off Hillary’s voice all the time, We can not hear the whole completed sentence from Hillary, I listen to MSNBC the questions for Hillary, they intent to gave hard time to Hillary, special Tim Russet when he ask questions he is so "mean:, I said here to all American, if media using this way, it is not fair, it is not running a USA President, it is control and selecting the person Media like, even that candidate was not qualify. But they like, just like…

February 26, 2008 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  5. Anonymous

Jane Robertson...the lapel pin and saluting the flag discussion ended about two months ago. I certainly hope you are not from Ohio.

February 26, 2008 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  6. Mary

It has been right along one sided..the press and obama..like he is their lover...and was obama on drugs...his eye balls where soooooo large and looked like he could hardly keep awake..she is so much more ready to lead this country

February 26, 2008 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  7. rabblerouser

Did all you Obamabots get that on two questions that went to Hillary first, Obama basically pointed to her and said basically "Yeah, what she said" (not a direct quote but merely a paraphrase...

February 26, 2008 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  8. Single Mom

They just keep cutting her off....so obviously biased. Can't wait to see how SNL does a skit on this. She knows so much more.
    They ask her first so he won't look like a fool. He just agrees with her on the tough questions.
    Spare me.

February 26, 2008 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  9. Anthony

Both Clinton and Obama have benefited from all the attention the media has given them. If Richardson or Biden had gotten as much media attention they might be the presumptive nominees and we wouldn't be stuck with these two.

February 26, 2008 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  10. Mark

Very pro-Obama I thought.

February 26, 2008 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  11. Bill Jay

Hillary is the best.......................................................................................

February 26, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  12. Bill Jay

Hillary you are a quick, that is why you are the best...............

February 26, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  13. Allison Marie

True, true. Go HILLARY.......LOVE you.

February 26, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  14. Trish

The "Good 'Ole Boys Network" is alive and well, and the commentators played that out. Senator Clinton is treated differently and it is because she's a woman.

I think she would make a great candidate and could take on McCain in a more effectively than Obama.

The moderators shouldn't be so obvious in their candidate of choice.

February 26, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  15. Steve

Well, the debate just finished. I have to say that I am an Obama supporter, but I was very impressed with Hillary's tone and demeanor. She did very well. Even when the tough question, "Who is Putin's replacement?" was thrown at her (which by all rights should have been posed to Barack, because one of his purported weaknesses is foreign policy) she had the answer. I still support Barack, but I was very impressed with Hillary. Earlier today, my position was that if Hillary got the Demo nomination, I'd vote for McCain. That is no longer the case. Either candidate will do us well.....Good job to both candidates!!

February 26, 2008 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  16. Texas Latino Voter

She will win the nomination because it is never about the people. I am glad I am a Clinton supporter but all you Obama people, it is never about what the people want. You should have learned that by now. Hillary 08

February 26, 2008 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  17. Anonymous

Seriously Obama is being favoured by the press. If Hillary brings up real facts, she is going negative, if Obama does he is applauded. What a joke, no wonder Rupert got Fox, the Liberal meida is full of bull. Seriously Obama is going to get ripped a new on by the Republicans, he has so many skeletons and the man is just a smooth talking empty vessel. He has no brains, just a smooth talker full of it. He is a crack head, thief, and a big racist against non-whites/blacks.

February 26, 2008 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  18. noella

If you listen closely all Barack does is agree with Clinton in these debates. I haven't heard Barack say anything original in these debates. I guarantee the Barack love fest will die down soon. If he's the nominee we democrats are going to have to wait another four years for "change".

February 26, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  19. California 08

I think it's great to see hillary standing up for herself against those whom she feels want to bully her. I must say, there are ways to handle criticisms from people. Sarcasm and non verbal agressive manner is not the way to do it. The democratic party wants to continue a foundation of strength and not cracking under pressure.

Vote 08'

February 27, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  20. Joy

To the people of the USA, all of you women who are criticizing Hillary Clinton are MORON, you are all after the crowd, no brain, you're not an American, you're all from nowhere.

February 27, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  21. Gloria

Why did Hillary complain since this was her chance to show she has all of the experience she claims to have. I am for Obama and will always support him. I am sick of the debates it is the same on same on.

February 27, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  22. patrick

Truth nothing but the truth! when Hillary speaks about the fact she was declared by media as negative campaigner but when Obama speaks out of boundary he's alright and okay?. What a biased coverage by the media. is this the way how we influence American people to elect our president? Wake up!! It's really obvious that first question is always ask with Hillary but she answered them with full knowledge and very fluent, Obama just getting an idea and expanding her statement. He can't even answer so straightly, is this the president are we looking for? Shame on those who are persuading people in a wrong side.

February 27, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  23. Rosemarie

This is not a personality or rock star race, it is a deadly serious race with the issues that are hurting Americans. If you want Mr. Personality then go ahead and vote for him, but if you want someone to help you with jobs, mortgages, forclosures, education, medical and all the things regular people are having a problem with the vote for Hillary because that is what you will get with her. Mr. Personality will be too busy in the Whitehouse trying to close on the favours he will be owing all the people who have pushed him into the Whitehouse, because it is not his ideas or theories that is doing it.

February 27, 2008 12:06 am at 12:06 am |
  24. MariaofLuna

Well she does.......10 out of the last 15debates, she'sbeen up first..........so the shoe fits, and it's pinching the MEdia and Obama supporters

February 27, 2008 12:06 am at 12:06 am |
  25. Dolcess

I think if the clinton- obama ticket will be a winning team

February 27, 2008 12:07 am at 12:07 am |