February 26th, 2008

Warner in the hospital

(CNN) - Sen. John Warner was admitted to a Washington area hospital Monday for observation after experiencing the return of an irregular heart beat.

According to a statement released by the Virginia Republican's Senate office, Warner experienced a return of atrial fibrillation, a condition he was first treated for last fall. He is currently pursuing a re-evaluation after consulting with his doctors.

Warner, 80, announced last summer he would not seek re-election for a sixth Senate term.

Filed under: John Warner
  1. Jdona

As the elder statemen in my home state of Virginia, please know that all of us here in Virginia wish you well, a speedy recovery and hope you return to the Senate soon to once again guide them along a path of wisdom, level headed thinking and expertise. While I have never voted for a Republican president, I have always voted for you simply because you have never forgotten that you serve the people of Virginia, and this country. You are truly one of the last of the great politicians who serve the people, and not themselves.

February 26, 2008 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  2. Lydia, VA

I'll be praying for Senator Warner, as I hope the rest of the country will do the same.

America 08

February 26, 2008 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  3. Darth Vadik, CA

God bless him, I hope he's OK.

Don't agree with his politics but I like the guy.

Get well soon Senator.

February 26, 2008 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  4. BJE

Great news, Obama got wind of Sen. John Warner's misfortunes and is on his way to heal him

Obama / Warren Steed Jeffs '08

February 26, 2008 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  5. An Agnostic Democrat

Is this what happens when you endorse or support John McCain?

February 26, 2008 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  6. jc

Our prayers are with Senator Warner for a speedy recovery.

February 26, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  7. Randy - Denver

Good Luck Sir

February 26, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  8. Matt

Oh my, that really sucks. I hope all goes well for him.

February 26, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  9. A Independent From Fort Worth

God speed to his recovery. He is a remarkable man!

February 26, 2008 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  10. Darth Vadik, CA

BJE,

you know Warren Steed Jeffs is a filthy Republican.

February 26, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  11. Eric

I'm surprised that someone hasn't found a way to blame Hillary for Sen. Warner's illness. I wish him well and a speedy recovery. He's an honorable man, and a true statesman.

February 26, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  12. Bill Jay

Sentor Warner AF is not bad at all.......you just need a good Doc.

February 26, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  13. Farrell, Houston, Tx

I wish Sen. Warner well and hope his health will allow him to serve out his term, he's always been inspirational speaker. I am a democrat and voting for Obama.

February 26, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  14. Brian

Get well soon, Sen. Warner. You are a decent, trustworthy, hardworking and honorable republican! Your kind are in short supply!

February 26, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  15. Peter Canada Obama 08

God be with him!

February 26, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  16. Annamica, OH

What does article even have to go with Obama...you Obamaporters are hilarious.

Get well soon Senator!

February 26, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  17. Kay

Isn't McCain older than him? Or are they of the same age? I saw him and Lieberman behind McCain in one of their primary-win pictures and I thought to myself, "My ohhh my. These people are old!!!"

February 26, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  18. Wayne, Greenville TX

Get well soon, Senator. You're one of the few good Republicans left.

February 26, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  19. Cathy - Seattle

Senator Warner,
    Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery.

February 26, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  20. California Independent

'An Agnostic Democrat' is an Obama follower. Go figure.

My thoughts go out to Senator Warner and his family and friends.

February 26, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  21. Shannon Shiflett

Jdona, thanks, but I'm from Virginia too and can speak for myself.

He's a Republican. Disgraceful.

But he's also a human being. I wouldn't wish poor health on anyone.

Even Bush, although he needs to be impeached and convicted. You can't be a war criminal and expect me to send a get-well-soon card.

February 26, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  22. Dennis

Good luck to Senator Warner.

This is not an appropriate place to take a swipe at other candidates.

February 26, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  23. Democrat Sheep Obama/Clinton 08

John Warner would be in perfectly good health, on his way to live out a fruitful life if not for the Bush Administration. Everyone can clearly see that this is a blatant example of how our health care has suffered due to the illegal war in Iraq. Senator Warner would be in perfectly good health today if not for companies such as Halliburton getting rich by destroying the environment.

We need change because the future is ahead of us. I believe in hope, and hopefully you can believe as well. The time has finally come, where we can truly feel proud to be Americans!

February 26, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  24. ben..west memphis ar.

you have overcome much worse get well and GOD bless

February 26, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |