February 27th, 2008

McCain apology angers conservative host

CNN

Watch talk radio host Bill Cunningham on CNN Tuesday.

CINCINNATI, Ohio (CNN) - A conservative radio talk-show host said that "he's had it up to here" with Sen. John McCain after the GOP presidential candidate repudiated the commentator's remarks about Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama at a campaign event.

"John McCain threw me under a bus - under the 'Straight Talk Express,' " Bill Cunningham told CNN on Tuesday, referring to McCain's campaign bus.

Earlier Tuesday, Cunningham spoke at a McCain campaign event in Cincinnati and called Obama a "hack, Chicago-style Daley politician."

Full story

Filed under: John McCain
  1. JWAZ

I still don't understand why no one can mention Barack Hussein Obama's middle name? His parents proudly gave him the name, why is he running from it.

February 27, 2008 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  2. jw, canadian,ok

I guess I need to come out from under this Oklahoma rock more often – Who is Bill Cunningham? Am I to suppose to care?

February 27, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  3. Alice

Cunningham just did the right thing. He said the truth. We need to know more details about Obama. Why we can't say some people's middle name? What's wrong in our country? Cunningham is my hero right now.

February 27, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  4. Marlon

I understand John McCain is a war hero but with all due respect he was involved in the two most unpopular wars in the history of the United States, Vietnam and now Iraq. Now is time to move on,its a new begging go Obama.

February 27, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  5. Under a CAMPAIGN bus

Did anyone notice that the CNN reporter apparently had never heard the phrase "threw me under a bus" - or was it the editor who felt the need to add, erroneously, I would guess, that it was a reference to "McCain's CAMPAIGN bus" ??

February 27, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  6. Greg Fensterman

I thought that people like Cunningham were scary enough. But then I ready Sandy's remarks above.

Is this indicative of the general level of intelligence to be found in the American public? We shouldn't elect someone because of their middle name? Are you kidding me??

And what's with all these so called Democrats who say they will vote McCain out of spite if their candidate loses the nomination?

You would rather have a continuation of the failed policies of Bush for another 4-8 years? We can't afford that.

Come on folks. Time for this country to grow up and start thinking like adults and not reacting emotionally like children.

February 27, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  7. JOHN

it is interesting that this guy repeatedly used the senator's middle name, trying to make a connection with the former Iraqi dictator. As if the american people are that stupid..........oh wait bush was re-elected and 19 guys with box cutters outsmarted the CIA. MAYBE WE ARE!

February 27, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  8. MOJO

Will still vote for Mr. Cool Obamarama, but gotta respect McCain for rejecting this. Cunningham made a fool of himself. Now, only if McCain could convince Ann Coulter, Rush, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly et al to announce their support for Hillary, he (McCain) would probably win a few more votes.

February 27, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  9. Hi

Maybe Cunningham will vote for Obama now, just like everyone else is doing.

February 27, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  10. Kenny

Is Hillary going to reject Willie's support? Maybe denounce...

February 27, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  11. Alice

I will vote for McCain if Hillary can't become the nominee of Dem. My friends and I will never vote for Obama. I think Hillary always puts Amrica's interests first.

February 27, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |