February 28th, 2008

Clinton raises $35 million in February

Clinton raised $36 million in February.
Clinton raised $36 million in February.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton raised $35 million in February, more than double what the New York senator raised the month before, her campaign announced Thursday.

Barack Obama spokesman Bill Burton meanwhile indicated Obama's total for the same period will be considerably higher than that, the AP reported.

In January, Clinton raised nearly $14 million, compared to Obama's $36 million. Earlier this month, the New York senator revealed she loaned her campaign $5 million in an effort to stay competitive with Obama heading into the February 5 round of primaries.

Full story

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. bob

It's the economy stupid!
    Forget the name, the costume, the speeches, etc. This country is facing it's most difficult years ahead – and we are electing the most inexperienced person to do the job. Are we insane? Obama may be a great candidate that everyone likes – But we need a HILLARY CLINTON to get us through the next four years. Were is our rationality? God help us if we mess this one up.

February 28, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  2. Veronica

Yes, that's right.... Hillary Rodham Clinton can raise money. I myself donated to this wonderful candidate. She is awesome and she won the debate in Cleveland. I'm going to donate again and I hope all of Hillary's millions of supporters continue to support her campaign.

February 28, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  3. BAKERSFIELD

OBAMA WILL COPY HILLARY'S PLAN JUST WATCH

February 28, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  4. Chris

Go Hillary I have donated to your campaingn. Keep on fighting we can not let Obama win.

February 28, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  5. Will

Too little too late... this election is already over
    If Clinton had the lead that Obama currently has, we would be hearing about how it is all over. And to think that SHE is the one who thinks the media is biased....

February 28, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  6. Mark, VA

There is more support out there for Hillary than what is being reported.

February 28, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  7. BAKERSFIELD

OBAMA WILL COPY HILLARY'S PLAN JUST WATCH – CHILD POVERTY PLAN

February 28, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  8. Frank

Good for her .. then she does not have to cry for money anymore.

So, if she had that much money (plus her own millions), the argument that she made that she does not have enough money really does not fly, does it ?

It's good news because it will make it more difficult to explain her defeat later :)

Tomorrow is Friday and I will send another contribution to our Obama movement.

I am looking forward to hear about Obama's numbers.

OBAMA'08

February 28, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  9. Denver

Everyone knows the "Clinton" name means corruption and scandle.

We don't want anymore of your "Old Washington" experience.

We want fresh blood and new ideas in Washington.

Obama is the one for us !

February 28, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  10. Amy, Kazoo

Good for both of them, although sadly, it starts to read like a "my dad can beat up your dad" bumper sticker after a while. I hope the one up-ing can stop soon. It's tiresome.

February 28, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  11. Lisa

I am 46 years old and have never contributed to a political campaign, but I will continue to donate to Hillary's campaign as long as she sticks in there! I believe she is the best qualified candidate for our Nation. I just wish she had start promoting online contributions sooner, that way she would have been able to match Obama's onslaught of negative advertising!

February 28, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  12. NO OBAMA

This race should come down to Hillary Clinton and John McCain. That's the right battle - two very experienced people with meaningful platforms, and a plan to take care of the people of this country and the country itself.

Barack Obama is merely a child playing in the sandbox with a bunch of smart, big kids, and trying to keep up with them and mimic what they do and say.

February 28, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  13. Charlotte

Pretty good for low income voters. The Obama-bots might send more but who cares, they make more money right? Go Hillary will donate more on the first.

February 28, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  14. Amy in Iowa

Wait, how is this great news? Wasn't the Clinton machine touted as a money making machine all along? Change happens.

February 28, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  15. MICHAEL BURNETT L.I.N.Y.

Sence she wont be needing it I suggest that she take that money back to New York and help the people that could really use 35 million dollars. T

February 28, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  16. Greg

I'm glad my contributions have helped her to get to this point. Obamaniacs need decided early on that the fund raising ability of their messiah was an indication of his ability to lead, to that end I would like to say IN YOUR FACE!!

February 28, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  17. DD, New York

You Go Girl!!!

February 28, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  18. chevy

The lobbyists are starting to see hillary's demise, They have started to see the urge within the american public for change. Realizing these things they now know they will not thrive under the obama administration.

February 28, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  19. RT

How much of that money belongs to the "special interests" groups in Washington that you claim you are going to fight?

February 28, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  20. Edgar

About time – you have lot more people behing you Hillary!

February 28, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  21. Michelle in Philly

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!! We can do this, what the media and the other opponents don't understand is that Hillary supporters are strong and steady and we are going to fight till the end to get the only candidate for the toughest job in america to the White House.

February 28, 2008 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  22. Amy in Iowa

I am quite sure American people, without lobbyist money that Hillary has, have donated way more to the Obama campaign. His campaign reached the 1 million donor mark. That is significant.

February 28, 2008 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  23. kigozi

PLEASE OBAMA DON'T INFLATE YOUR NUMBERS WHEN YOU COME OUT WIT A FIGURE FOR THIS MONTH, YOU RAISED LESS THAN HILLARY

February 28, 2008 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  24. Theresa

Leave it to Obama's camp to try to one up Sen Clinton....who cares if he raised more....stop the playground behaviour.

February 28, 2008 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  25. Greg

I'm glad my contributions have helped her to get to this point. Obamaniacs decided early on that the fund raising ability of their messiah was an indication of his ability to lead, to that end I would like to say IN YOUR FACE!!

IMHO, Obama can not win in November, and I hope Texans who are undecided start looking at the facts. Why would so many of us choose Clinton despite her so called flaws? It is entirely based on her proven ability to lead, and in these troubling times, why would you roll the dice with another inexperienced candidate? I don't mean to say he is another Bush, but for God's sake people, he doesn't take his Senate responsibilities seriously, if he really wanted to make a difference in the world he should have started there.

If he is VP for 4 or 8 years, at least then he would have the experience necessary. I think we should unite behind Clinton, and push for a Clinton-Obama ticket, maybe then we can beat McCain.

Clinton-Obama '08