February 28th, 2008

Clinton raises $35 million in February

Clinton raised $36 million in February.
Clinton raised $36 million in February.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton raised $35 million in February, more than double what the New York senator raised the month before, her campaign announced Thursday.

Barack Obama spokesman Bill Burton meanwhile indicated Obama's total for the same period will be considerably higher than that, the AP reported.

In January, Clinton raised nearly $14 million, compared to Obama's $36 million. Earlier this month, the New York senator revealed she loaned her campaign $5 million in an effort to stay competitive with Obama heading into the February 5 round of primaries.

Full story

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Manuel TX

I was part of that effort, and I'm ready to send more as needed.

February 28, 2008 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  2. matt

In the last five minutes I have seen 2 mistakes on the website. One is on the Hillary raising money story. It states she raised $35mil in the story, then the photo says $36 mil. The other is on the past (R) wins in the state of texas. I don't remember Reagan winning the Texas vote in 1988???

February 28, 2008 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  3. Ted in Chicago

And the race continues – tracking polls through today – out Sat? could be interesting

February 28, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  4. joli

She raises 36 million Obama will raise over 80million and they both can buy Krispy cremes and hate flyers for all their adoring fans....and spread love all over the country...

Vote for John Sidney McCain...

February 28, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  5. trix, OH

HOW DO WE KNOW YOU DIDNT JUST "LOAN SOME OF YOUR MONEY TO THE CAMPAIGN" WHERE ARE YOUR TAX RETNS??? WHERE ARE THE PAPERS FRM THE WHITE HOUSE???? TO MANY THINGS JUST DO NOT ADD UP

February 28, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  6. John, Euless, TX

Congratulations Hillary!!!!

We are working hard for you here in Texas. The citizens of this great state will come through for you as more and more people realize that we have too much at stake to elect an experiment candidate over an experienced candidate like you.

Hillary 2008!!!!!!!

February 28, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  7. Ted in Chicago

oh – and if you have not seen the two skits on SNL you owe it to yourselves to find them on the web – good comedy – the only loser is the media

February 28, 2008 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  8. Nuke

You go Girl.

I will be donating more this week and will ask all my friends all over the USA to do the same.

God bless you.

Hillary 2008

February 28, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  9. Darth Vadik, CA

Good for her, she can use it for her next senate campaign.

February 28, 2008 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  10. hooho

Great!, I am one of them. I am very confident that millions of people is doing that when I donated my money.

Thank God!!!

February 28, 2008 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  11. Jack

Money wasted, unless Clinton wants to donate that to the democratic party or Obama himself.

February 28, 2008 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  12. James Smith

Sweet! I'm proud to say I'm one of those donors.

Clinton '08!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 28, 2008 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  13. Stacy Clarks, Texas

Good job to hillary clinton, it is nice to see ehr supporters backing her, instead of just talking negatively about Obama

On the other hand....GO OBAMA!!! I AM SURE YOU HAVE RAISED TWICE THAT AMOUNT!!!!!!!!!

stop the hate, obama 08!!!

February 28, 2008 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  14. Midge from Ohio

I am sorry I don't have any money to give, but Hillary has my vote!

February 28, 2008 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  15. think

great job team!!!!!!!

February 28, 2008 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  16. CClaudia

You go girl!!!

February 28, 2008 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  17. Moygirl

I actually dont think its the American publics right to want to see her federal tax return just because she loaned her campaign $5 million.
    We all know they have their own personal money, why cant she loan herself money?
    I think its just intrusive....

February 28, 2008 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  18. Sharon

That is a very impressive amount. It is easy to raise money when you're winning, but being able to raise so much when you're suffering losses and the media is writing you off and asking you to step out of the race is amazing.

I think both Senator Obama and Senator Clinton have some very loyal and committed supporters, and they both deserve respect.

February 28, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  19. Nick R

Too bad they aren't that quick releasing her personal income statements!

February 28, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  20. Texasboo

Good, now she can pay back all her vendors she stiffed in other states as well as get a return on her $5million loan. Hmm.

I do believe that OBama raised at least $50 million for this month and reached over 1 million mark. GOBAMA!! Plus Obama still has labor groups supporting him like SEIU, et. all.

MARCH 4th for OBAMA.

February 28, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  21. Fabian Blache III, Baton Rouge, LA

Perhaps she can now pay herself back before she starts raking in interest income on the $5 million loan?

February 28, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  22. akaDoug

That's great news when the Democrats can raise over $80 million ($35m for Hillary, a rumored $50-55m for Obama) in a month! McCain will have trouble getting $80 million in a quarter!

February 28, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  23. Paul

These are wonderful news Hillary

People are understanding now, that we need to stick together to make it happen.
    You are the best candidate that we have and we will continue to support you with our prayers, morally and financially,

May God bless you and the rest of America

La victoria es tuya el 4 de Marzo
    Victory will be yours on march 4

Hillary , President of the United States of America
    Hillary, Presidente de los Estados Unidos de America

February 28, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  24. Perrell, Lincolnton, NC

How accurate are these numbers, and how much of this money is coming from big time lobbyist and does this include her 5 million that she loaned herself?

February 28, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  25. Brad Dalgleish

Good job, it's about time. I'm surprised with all of her connections more money isn't flowing in.

When will her campaign start switching tactics is the question....!

February 28, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |