February 29th, 2008

Obama camp responds to Clinton ad with one of their own

Obama's campaign has issued its own 3 a.m.  ad.
Obama's campaign has issued its own 3 a.m. ad.

(CNN) - In a direct response to a Hillary Clinton television ad, Barack Obama's campaign Friday released its own 30 second spot raising the prospect of an early morning foreign policy crisis.

"It’s 3 a.m. and your children are safe and asleep," the ad's narrator states in an obvious take off of the Clinton ad released earlier in the day. "But there’s a phone ringing in the White House. Something’s happening in the world. (Related: Clinton raises the stakes in new ad)

"When that call gets answered, shouldn’t the president be the one – the only one – who had judgment and courage to oppose the Iraq war from the start… Who understood the real threat to America was al-Qaeda, in Afghanistan, not Iraq," the narrator continues. "Who led the effort to secure loose nuclear weapons around the globe… In a dangerous world, it’s judgment that matters."

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Jdona

And Hillary supporters will NEVER board the Obama Express since it is racing right off the cliff and taking everyone on board with it. Lets just hope it only his supporters he takes with it, and not the whole blasted country!

February 29, 2008 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  2. Rick

Obama sure seems to say one thing then do the other. He complains that the ad scares up votes, then creates one of his own that does the same thing.

He complains the Edwards allows outside interests to create ads for him, then allows the same kind of ads for himself.

This to me seems like an example of how two faced Obama can be. I don't want him telling me he is about change, like Bush did, then give me 4 more years of horrible management.

I also don't want someone like Carter who promises great things, but can't get them pushed through, even though people liked him.

February 29, 2008 08:15 pm at 8:15 pm |
  3. Quinn

I can't wait until Hillary is gone. I pray she wil be done on Tueday, but if not, I will be patient. She needs more time to detroy herself.

By the way, America does NOT have a problem voting for a woman. As long as her name is not Hillary Clinton. She is as an absolute disgrace.

February 29, 2008 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  4. From The North

How many times is Obama going to use his NO VOTE on the Iraq war? He took a stand because he wasn't in a position for it to be used against him. We are not that naive! His repetition is getting very tiresome! There must be one other good thing he has done he could use to one up Hillary?

With all his Inspiration one is he not able to come up with a few new lines ! Maybe his writers are on strike too?

February 29, 2008 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  5. Johana Miami,Fl

Are you kidding me? What a cheater. Before watching this ad i saw a video showing Obama using the exact words from deval patrick speach in 06". I'm convinced this guy is not a leader his a follower.
    Lets vote for the only leader we know Hillary Clinton!!!!!!!!!!

February 29, 2008 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  6. edmond

hillary playing it again,please sorry for me and give me your vote,wow that's out bill's book

February 29, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  7. Sharon

He copies her yet again and is congratulated for it. *rolls eyes*

February 29, 2008 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |