March 1st, 2008

Clinton to appear on 'The Daily Show'

Clinton last appeared on Stewart's show in 2003.
Clinton last appeared on Stewart's show in 2003.

(CNN) – Sen. Hillary Clinton is scheduled to appear on Comedy Central’s ‘The Daily Show’ on Monday, March 3, according to a press release by the cable outlet.

Clinton has previously appeared on the political talk show but her upcoming appearance will be the first since announcing her run for the White House in 2007.

The scheduled appearance comes a day before crucial primaries in Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island, and Vermont where some pundits believe Clinton must do well in order to keep herself in the race for the Democratic nomination.

Sens. Barack Obama and John McCain, the two other leading contenders for the White House, have both appeared on the popular show since the presidential campaign started in early 2007.

–CNN’s Sasha Johnson and Martina Stewart

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Why won't she go away

Mrs. Clinton is such a drag. She has no idea how to connect with people because she has no true feelings for anyone but herself. She thinks everything she feels, thinks, says, does, etc is absofreakinglutley the only correct way, and if you don't concur there is something wrong with you! She is a cold self serving individual. I don't think we can take the chance to let her become president, because she might throw a hissy fit after she answers the phone at 3 o'clock in the morning...

Do you want the many faces of Hill or do you want the rock solid consistent moral judgement of Barack? I'll take the latter, thank you very much!

All I want to resonate is ...YES WE CAN.

Obama '08

March 1, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  2. kris

get you tissues ready

March 1, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  3. serina

my only question is why are the africans americans not screaming racism when their leaders who support Hillary are being pressured to switch to Obama?
    I am just wondering what the Obama folks call that?

March 1, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  4. Holly, Kansas City, MO

Thank you for the warning CNN. Now I can cancel my regularly scheduled "Daily Show" viewing. ^__^

March 1, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  5. Tom

Whose audience has the bigger collection of kooks, dupes, freaks, fools and idiots: Stewart's, Bill Maher's or Stephen Colbutt's?

March 1, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  6. Holly, Kansas City, MO

Gosh, I love it when people (mostly Hillary people) type in all capital letters. When intelligent comments can't be produced, JUST YELL!! The louder you yell and cry, the more it makes you correct!! I think they have been watching their leader HRC too much these days...

March 1, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  7. April

Reality check- there is no piece of legislation of value that Hilary has proposed for New Yorkers. Recognition of a lacrosse team or naming a street or building for Thurgood Marshall, do not count as change for New Yorkers at large. I think the Clinton entitlement train needs to stop somewhere in Buffalo.
    Go Obama!!!

March 1, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  8. Jane

Hillary has already lost! She can't catch up. If she stays in too long (like Huckabee) all she does it hurt her future viability and damage the party's chances in November.

Please Hillary, for the sake of the party, do the right thing! Please drop out after March 4th.

You will make a fine Senate majority leader. I hope you will send President Obama your health care plan so he can sign it!!!!!!!!

~~G O D E M O C R A T S 2 0 0 8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!~~

March 1, 2008 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  9. Allah

Barack HUSSEIN Obama – Louis Farrakhan

March 1, 2008 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  10. Joan

Hillary will be great on the show. She has a great sense of humor. I'm rooting for her not because she's a woman....I'm voting for her because I am!
    How naive people are. Do you really think Barack Hussein Obama will change anything in Washington? The real change is that someone other than GW Bush will be in the White House; that's real change. Someone needs to tell Obama that the President doesn't run Congress; so what change is he suggesting? All he says about change is he want to change 'the way Washington does business'. What does that mean? He's part of Washington sitting as Senator from Illinois. I don't think a community organizer has the qualifications to run the US. It's so sad to see how many people are fooled by words. Very sad, indeed.

March 1, 2008 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  11. Laura

I don't see Obama on with O'Reilly either.

March 1, 2008 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  12. Jayjay

Hillary Clinton is the right person to be President at the right time. Folks, I'm from downstate Illinois, and oh boy, do we know better than to trust Chicago politicians!

March 1, 2008 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  13. Edward Cottongim

I have never voted for a Republican, if Obama wins, I will vote Republican for the first time.

March 1, 2008 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  14. lorraine

Hillary is right about the free trade- in British Columbia which is in Canada our forestry which used to be the number one industry is almost a thing of the past, some of the free trade act good – others do need to be be looked at, nothing wrong with that as you do not know how somethings work till you try it. Hope everyone remembers to go and vote for Hillary, also I think it is kind of a good thing to have someone like Bill Clinton there for her to chit chat with as he too is very brilliant and has a remarkable knowledge of the whole world and what is really happening in it.

March 1, 2008 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  15. Laura

Ronaldo since Madeline Albright is not a natural born US citizen, she is not eligible to become president.

March 1, 2008 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  16. melody

I am a woman, white, physician and although someone who has positive discrimination towards women, I support Obama in this race. It is not a matter of age, experience, it is rather vision and being able to inspire people (Remember Bill Clinton, he was a great presedent). It's rather general understanding which I see in Obama. However, Clinton wold make a good president. But I believe Obama would make better..

March 1, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  17. Garry

HILLARY WILL WIN! What's happening to you people? Hillary is the best person for the job!

Wake up!

Hang on President Hillary Clinton! Wow that sounds good.

March 1, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |