March 1st, 2008

Clinton to appear on 'The Daily Show'

Clinton last appeared on Stewart's show in 2003.
Clinton last appeared on Stewart's show in 2003.

(CNN) – Sen. Hillary Clinton is scheduled to appear on Comedy Central’s ‘The Daily Show’ on Monday, March 3, according to a press release by the cable outlet.

Clinton has previously appeared on the political talk show but her upcoming appearance will be the first since announcing her run for the White House in 2007.

The scheduled appearance comes a day before crucial primaries in Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island, and Vermont where some pundits believe Clinton must do well in order to keep herself in the race for the Democratic nomination.

Sens. Barack Obama and John McCain, the two other leading contenders for the White House, have both appeared on the popular show since the presidential campaign started in early 2007.

–CNN’s Sasha Johnson and Martina Stewart

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Carmen

Hillary all the way in 08.

March 1, 2008 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  2. Ken

Yeah, I have seen what I hoped to see in my life time I really like Jon Stewart, he asks the tough one's I'd like to see her answer, "What took you so long?" "Obama and McCain were here after their Run" Quiet is kept she didn't need him until now. Watch the Spin Factor, watch the same old politics. As for a Presidential Run, I prefer seeing what's been lacking, Good Common Since. The most qualified canidates did even make to the finals, All I see is a person who saw the Power of America and had big dreams, A candidate that seen it all in Washinton i.e. most experienced. And a guy who felt the need to see something good change for America, And stood up, check his past, He's always stood up, Obama is where he is now because he stood UP. And made many accomplishments, i.e. first African American President at Harvard Law School. Turned down Huge Job Offers, to be a Community Organizer, Standing UP on principle

March 1, 2008 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  3. corky

Iam looking forward to seeing the show. Hillary should ask Obama if all he can campaign on is the Iraq War how come he isn't opposed to taking endorsements from fellow senators who voted like her such as Kennedy, Kerry, Dodd,etc.etc. to name a few. Hillary is a better canidate to lead this country out of all the problems the Bush administration got everyone into. Don't tell me experience doesn't count because it does. Obama to this date I do not know what he is all about just speeches a whole lot of nothing. Have fun and Good Luck on Tuesday. Hilllary 2008 Cnn Please post this.

March 1, 2008 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  4. jess

If she attempts more humor like she did in the debate, the ratings will hit rock bottom.

March 1, 2008 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  5. jess_meadow TX

WHAT REALLY MATTERS

Time and again our nation has been tested. Tested by forces within and outside. It amazes me how everytime we have emerged stronger, better and more prominent. Nothing appears to be different this time. The impending recession, the fractured employment strutcure and the growing burden of healthcare demands. Each of these elements does its share to slow our growth.

On a similar corollary, it needs immense pressure, heat and time for a DIAMOND to be made. In political parlance it means immense struggle, never ending desire and experience respectively. Who would even get close to saying Hillary lacks any of these elements.

The change form this only means settling for GRAPHITE. We have diamonds and we dont need graphite. Experience is the key. If you would choose an experienced interventional cardiologist for your heart' it should be natural for us to select someone we can trust. Experience matteres, matters and only matters.

No offence to the other guy, remember with pressure, heat and time, he has potential to be a diamond to. At this time, I am sorry, far from it.
    I had a chance to go through every fine print of HIllary's policies which sound a sturdy solution to our contemporary problems.

There is no stopping Hillary. Go HILLARY go. HIllary, a resonating victory awaits you...

HIllary '08 , TX
    HILLARY ALL THE WAY '08

March 1, 2008 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  6. Ron

Oh Hillary Oh Hillary were art thou Hillary.Hillary has become the Mother of America and thats what this country needs right now.She will hold you fiscally responsible.Take care of the bullys picking on our country,Provide nutrition to our status in the world and put us on the right road to freedom and prosperiety any other vote will surly be the end to us.Poverty ,Hunger,Rich getting Richer at your sons and daughters expense and dont forget your grandchildren either.Vote Hillary means a vote for a Great America Again and back on the right path.Its up to you to steer the wheel in the right direction

March 1, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  7. Pat

I believe it was Einstein who said that great works were "1% inspiration, 99% perspiration," meaning that hard work is the overwhelming factor in success. Obama is certainly inspirational, but Hillary has proven time and time again that her hard work pays dividends. What a team they could be! But I think Hillary should be the leader . . . She has the experience Barack lacks. She won't make the mistakes he will inevitably make. He could learn and grow as vice president. He could ensure us of leadership in the future. By "spending" him now, who will we have in 2016?

March 1, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  8. Charlotte

What is wrong with you Obama-bots, Sen. Clinton did not cry. Sen. Clinton became a little emotional when speaking about her love for this country. Beats the hell out of being proud of your country for the first time in your life. Sen. Clinton gets a little upset at Obama for his lies about her health care plan that she cares very much about. I am proud she has the courage to stand up for what she believes in and will fight for it. Unlike Obama who now says Al Qaeda in Afghanastan was more important then the war in Iraq, yet never held a meeting while chairman of that committee for 14 months? He's a real leader alright. Furthermore, when he was supporting Kerry he said he is not sure how he would have voted on Iraq. He puts politics, and his dreams of the presidency above all else.

March 1, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  9. gail

I can't understand why the Barak-supporters are so willing to endure another term in which an inexperienced blowhard fumbles the presidential reins. Hillary is, by far, the best candidate put forward; 'forgive' her her gender and put her in the White House where she belongs.

March 1, 2008 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  10. Alice

Two smart people can make things done. Vote Hillary! We can get Bill's advice for free. Two presidents' experience! What a fortune for this country!

Obama makes me scared. He voted over 100 times " present" on important issues. His judgement is a joke.

March 1, 2008 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  11. Raum

Hillary: "Shame on you John Stewart, eat your peas!"

March 1, 2008 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  12. Patrick

Knowledgeable people: What are the odds Billary will cry this weekend so she can connect with the people?

March 1, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  13. Juanita

James: It's "Stewart" not "Stuart" and you say it is one of your favorite shows?????

I still find it hard to believe that most of those who comment for Hilary or Barack will vote for the other in November. My feelings are not so flexible that I can spew hate one month and then gush warm fuzzy feelings the next. Are we really that shallow?

I doubt if any of the comments put out really change anyone's mind but it gives the commentor a sense of power. Not so bad really.

March 1, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  14. Shock and Awe

There is a certain thing to this I just don't understand...
    Hillary had a great commercial!!! Just another attempt of HE who shall not be named to be unoriginal (YEA WHAT SHE SAID, I AGREE WITH HILLARY) btw- I didn't vote for IRAQ? Well of course he didn't vote for it – HE wasn't even in the US Senate— how can he even say this as a positive!!!! How do we know that he wouldn't have voted with the other 77 Senators like John Kerry and Chris Dodd that both supported the RESOLUTION like Hillary Clinton— The likelihood here is for Obama to be in this group if he was in the senate— he would have joined the 77-23 vote. Obama has claimed that he regrets (in the Texas Debate) some of his other votes about not voting against a bill that was 98-0 claiming he was complacent… He who doesn't vote when it counts, when it matters… as a president do YOU want someone who votes along party lines or someone who you can trust to vote with what is in their conscience… Clinton's vote (and the other US Senators) was based on faulty evidence brought by the Bush administration and this point can't be underscored enough!!!

SO ASK YOURSELF–Why are you supporting HE who shall remain nameless? it's hope? change? Hope for what? Change for what? You want someone who is only able to attack the Iraq war when it's convenient? (when he wasn't in the US SENATE, he was a state senator) as his only evidence being I never voted for a resolution (of course that's convenient in the SENATE)? THEN WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT— HE has nothing! Offers nothing!!! WAKE UP AMERICA— HE who shall remain nameless is there for change- WHAT CHANGE? WHAT HOPE? WHAT DO YOU WANT HIM TO ACHIEVE??? Yes we can–Yes we can what? IT's OUR CAMPAIGN? OUR CAMPAIGN FOR WHAT? TO TAKE BACK WHAT? We are not the proletariat rising against the Bourgeoisie...Yes CAN WE DO? YES we do WHAT???— if Barack is in the white house what will he do? Do you know? All I know is that he talks a good talk, and spins his wheels… and we MUST VOTE FOR HILLARY, a straight talker– YES WE CAN!! GO HILLARY 2008… AT 3AM I want the most experienced DEMOCRAT ANSWERING THE PHONE!!! HILLARY CLINTON!!!

March 1, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  15. John White, Texas

How is this important to me as a voter? Why should I care about Hillary Clinton being on the daily show? I do not watch this particular show.

March 1, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  16. Carmen

Ken your represent the typical man with your comment.

Hillary still gets my vote , and it is OK to cry.

Hillary is a strong women lets not forget that. 2008

March 1, 2008 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  17. evans o.oseki, norway

Wao.....she`s so full of despair and ready to do anything regardless of danger. Dems in foreign lands have spoken and said by voting that all they want is Obama. They live abroad and understands from outside, what the USA need. If Her Royal Highness, madam choose me or see hell does`t see this, then she has nothing to do or say about foreign issues. What will become of the Clintons after the show of shame they`ve been up to?

March 1, 2008 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  18. Alice Rea

To All Americans:

Why isn't anyone seeing that this campaign is for the President of the United States.

I don't think any one that is voting for Obama is old enough to understand the importance of a resume or the condition of our country.

Granted Obama can speak but that isn't going to proove anything about his performance.

We know very little about Obama. Stop thinking that anytime people ask questions they are trying to smear him.

I want to know of any of criminal ties. I want to know about the radical groups that are supporting him. I want to know why he doesn't explain to the public that his Father was a Muslim. I want to know why he doesn't mention that his mother was an Athiest/ Agnostic.

His views and values are relevant. His connections with radical groups are importtant. His church needs to be explored.

Please let's not close our eyes to this being about smearing a candidate. ALL candidates should be investigated.

March 1, 2008 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  19. paul, nyc ny

Has anyone noticed the change in tone in the media towards Barack Obama? It is almost as if the press is realizing that they have been backing him so much that they forgot to ask him what he is all about or going to do other than CHANGE?

Even the rhetoric about Hillary's sinking campaign from a week ago has changed to "you never know she could come back". They no longer wonder aloud why she is in the race but question whether she will upset the race. Barack did it by winning. He did it once by stopping his winning streak.

The benefit of the Daily Show will be just that she gets to lighten up after working real hard.

WIsh you luck Hillary. WIN!!!

March 1, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  20. Joe

Obama is a flip flop period. Now calling the Canadians and telling them not to worry that he won't get rid of NAFTA! I just heard that news. What a joker. Then he slams Clinton for fear tactics because of her legitimate ad and what does he do but run basicly the same exact ad...so is he saying that he is using scare tactics as well? Nope...didn't think so. This guy is a joke!

March 1, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  21. John, Las Vegas, NV

I'd like John to ask one question of Hillary. "Hillary, how do you think Democrats would react if Republicans had aired the same red phone ad you just ran implying that neither you nor Barack were fit to answer the call?" I can tell you they would be OUTRAGED at the backhanded smear of either of them. Any any Democrat should be equally outraged at Hillary's ad. If Barack becomes the nominee, if I were the Republicans I would just replay Hillary's red phone ad over and over to emphasize that Barack isn't ready to answer that call and McCain is ready.

March 1, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  22. Mary

It is interesting to me when I read these forums to see how deeply the Hillary hate goes. Most supporters of Clinton say positive things about her and hope that she can win against Obama. The Obama supporters are just plain mean and filled with hate.
    It's all very discouraging.

March 1, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  23. Wayne

CNN is intimidated by the clintons so now they only post pro Clinton comments. Not even Huckabee has lost 11 straight. This race should be over. Clinton has less experience as a public elected official. Obama was in elected office for 5 years before hill won her first office. Plus her Iraq vote led to 4000 deaths, 30000 wounded trillion dollars gone. That shouldn't be rewarded with the white house.

March 1, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  24. PS in VA

Tanya from Chicago-Your post is ridiculous!

I am sick of the experience argument! Bill Clinton had no experience either according to everyone when he was running. George Bush had experience-So everyone says. Now, experience is a big issue for Obama? If Hillary is so experienced, wouldn't her campaign had run better the Obama's? They both started out with $100 million dollars and she ran out of money. If she can't run a campaign why trust with running the country? Or are you counting on Bill to do the job?

Yes, change is not a bad thing to desire. We are sick of the corruption from these people. Character matter to some of us. Tell Hillary to release her tax returns and papers concerning her schedule while in the White House. Until then, we're not buying it!!!

March 1, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  25. Austin, Texas

Here's the bottom line of the General Election. Obama Supporters, you should read this. Hillary supporters, you already know because you're apart of it, like myself.

McCain will turn alot of independants voting for Obama due to his border aisle stance in the GOP. Obama is far left wing, and his supporters will slowly move once we get into the issues and solutions.

McCain will pick up more of the Latino vote than Obama. With Hillary out of the race, the Latino vote will sway a little more towards McCain. (Not saying all will, but a portion), which will increase McCain's already large Latino vote.

Obama will be pressed on national security, a field the only arguement he has for is, (I was against the war in Iraq). This will only hold up for so long. Fact is, we are there now, and it's not about looking to the past, it's about looking to the future.

And the biggest one:

The Majority of Obama supporters support him for his charisma, his charm, and his idea's of hope. Clinton supporters support her for her experience, her loyalty, and working with the Republicans on many topics. She has worked with McCain on many things.

Clinton supporters will be more likely to vote for John McCain over Barack Obama in a General Election due to the Experience factor. Obama has no military experience, nor does he have any foreign affairs experience. Altho heading a subcommittee for NATO in Afghanistan, he neglected it, had no meetings, to run his presidential campaign.

Electability is a huge thing right now. Obama supporters have less reason to not vote for Clinton, than Clinton supporters have for not voting for Obama.

This is a college educated theory. It is not fact, and I could be wrong, but it's something to look at. I myself cannot see myself voting for Obama. He makes me nervous in a time of turmoil. I cannot risk having Obama in office when there are so many people out there looking to harm us. I am a dedicated Hillary supporter, but will vote for John McCain in a General Election based soley on the fact, he is much more experienced in the field we are walking into. Obama is not.

March 1, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |