March 2nd, 2008

Live from New York, it's Hillary Clinton!

Hillary Clinton, right, and Saturday Night Live's Amy Poehler, clowned around during the opening skit.

(CNN) - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton met her match while appearing on NBC's "Saturday Night Live" to deliver the show's trademark opening line and provide an "editorial response" to a mock presidential debate.

During the opening sketch - which featured SNL actors playing Clinton, rival candidate Barack Obama and the debate moderators - Clinton complimented the performance of Amy Poehler, who regularly lampoons Clinton with her impersonation of the senator from New York.

"I simply adore Amy's impression of me," Clinton said, providing the cue for Poehler to enter the stage, wearing the same two-button brown jacket and sporting Clinton's medium-length, layered hairstyle.

Full story

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Pat M PEI Canada

Happened by chance to be channelled in on that station.

Seen it, Heard it and Channelled On !

Lame.

March 2, 2008 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  2. BIll

Loved it! She is a lovely woman with grace, heart, strength and an obviously lively spirit. I pray for her success...

March 2, 2008 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  3. sandi from Arizona

Very funny...it was fun seeing Hillary having fun.

March 2, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  4. Leah DiMarco, TX

Hillary has been Xerox'ed!

Obama '08 – one of a kind

March 2, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  5. Mike

Good job, Hillary. You were great!

March 2, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  6. HH

The obama and Tim Russert character need alot of work, they don't look and sound like both of them.

March 2, 2008 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  7. Beth B

I absoulutly love her...

March 2, 2008 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  8. Marc

Great to see Hillary unwind and poke a little fun at herself. I thought she did a great job. But, man, is that the best Obama SNL can come up with?

March 2, 2008 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  9. Moodi

It is so disgusting to see SNL's racist cartoon on Obama. I don't know when you are going to admit that there is a biased approach in media coverage in favor of clintons legacy.
    Shame on you SNL.

March 2, 2008 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  10. Ray

I want this woman to be our president! She was great in the Saturday night skit. If only everybody can see her as she was last night.

March 2, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  11. Jacques

I admit it was Hillary's funniest moment on TV, she did better than i expected. But i don't see how a funny 2 minutes on saturday night live makes her a better candidate for president. It doesn't change anything and it doesn't help her with important demographics.

Monday night on Daily Show should be more of the same.

March 2, 2008 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  12. Ryan from New Mexico

I love how fun this was

I watching it to the end and the ending of this episode had a great one with Major Guliani

The guys does an awesome job with impersination Obama...lol their nearly Identical !!!!

March 2, 2008 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  13. Ronald, American living abroad

Wasn't this where Guliani and Huckabee spent all their time once it was obvious that they could not win?

March 2, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  14. New York City

Why don't we ask her if she is comfortable and do she need a pillow?

March 2, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  15. Tim

what would have been awesome is if Obama would have trumped her by walking in a few seconds after she did.... anything for free face time!

I would have liked to see her facial expression....

March 2, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  16. Martha

I am disappointed in SNL. I have been a fan since its inception and have appreciated its humor even when it was used against those I supported. However, last night SNL crossed the line, when its "humor" was used as an endorsement of Clinton. SNL is no longer funny to me. I will now avoid the show that has captivated me for over thirty years.

March 2, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  17. Zia

A politician with 35 (sic!) years of experience needs SNL's help againt Barak Obama... boo hoo. Can we drop her and move on to the real election please – Obama '08

March 2, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  18. Lisa

As much as I dislike her politics, I actually thought she did a great job on SNL last night. It wont change my vote, but I was less cynical of her if only for a few minutes.

March 2, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  19. Aidyn, NY

I saw it, it was great!

March 2, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  20. Mary Giedzinski

Glad to see Hillary had the opportunity to share her great sense of humor with many who had never had a glimpse her lighter side. What an amazing woman. She is intelligent, witty, warm and very strong.
    It's nice to see and hear her positives on the air. If one only watched cable and TV news you would think she didn't have any. The wisecracks that have been uttered about her by the pundits really stink. Those things would never be said about a man. It is about time that the so called journalists realized it is not just an all boys club. There are lots of women out here and we vote too.

I suspect that a sense of humor and a very thick skin are an absolute necessities if one opts for a political career.

Thats enought rambling on my part. I haven't felt that someone was so right for the office of president in a very long time.

Go Hillary!,