March 2nd, 2008

Live from New York, it's Hillary Clinton!

Hillary Clinton, right, and Saturday Night Live's Amy Poehler, clowned around during the opening skit.

(CNN) - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton met her match while appearing on NBC's "Saturday Night Live" to deliver the show's trademark opening line and provide an "editorial response" to a mock presidential debate.

During the opening sketch - which featured SNL actors playing Clinton, rival candidate Barack Obama and the debate moderators - Clinton complimented the performance of Amy Poehler, who regularly lampoons Clinton with her impersonation of the senator from New York.

"I simply adore Amy's impression of me," Clinton said, providing the cue for Poehler to enter the stage, wearing the same two-button brown jacket and sporting Clinton's medium-length, layered hairstyle.

Full story

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Chaunda,IN

This showed a great side of HIllary that unfortunately we do not see enough. Amy does a great Hillary.

March 2, 2008 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  2. MJB - Decatur, GA

"Just stand there and don't try to be funny, beacuse you're not" = Best advice Team Clinton has given their candidate thus far.

March 2, 2008 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  3. Hillary For Ohio

Great show Hillary!!!!!!!!!, I can now see Obama's ship sinking....

March 2, 2008 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  4. Mike

This was a GREAT skit!

It was simply Senator Clinton showing Obama what it will look like when she takes her rightful position in the Oval office as Commander In Chief.

What is that I hear? No, it's not the SNL audience laughing, It's Obamas supporters crying after Hillary wins the nomination.

Go Hillary 08!!

March 2, 2008 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  5. James

So Saturday Night Live is endorsing their home state senator. Please, we all known that SNL is now pushing Hillary Clinton.

As for Hillary Clinton, her latest attacks against the press is absurd. Hillary has had the press advantage for well over two years. All polls against Republican opponents were with her as the Democrat nominee. All coverage was of her. She even utilized a former president to push herself as president.

When all this failed, she argues that caucuses don't count, speeches don't count, don't count this vote on the war, don't count my support on Nafta, now, she argues its the press while putting out Rovian attacks about a phone call at 3 in the morning.

Hillary has to go.

March 2, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  6. Mark

Another exaggerated, but accurate skit. Any truly objective voter would have to admit the Obama is helped much more by the media.

March 2, 2008 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  7. JJ in NY

Another tawdry attempt to reinvent herself by faking a soft side. The only part that was sincere was the disturbing cackle .

March 2, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  8. Gary

CNN wont let me give you the facts about Obama.America is doomed if he gets in office. concerned vet

March 2, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  9. Ben from D.C.

Clinton News Network indeed.

March 2, 2008 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  10. Lima in California

Beating up press for political analysts and commentators' opinions. Trying to distract attention and get sympathy again! Just another tactic and see which fool will fall for it.

March 2, 2008 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  11. Eric

you gotta hand it to Hilary, she was great last night!!! Personally I have so much respect for her. With all the crap thats going on she still can get on stage and make a comedy show of herself on national television. It just shows how she really is a normal person like the rest of us who just because she is a politician still likes to have a good laugh. I hope that American can see this and elect her as our next president.

March 2, 2008 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  12. Charlotte

Obama -bots will no doubt try to find any fault they can. Obama is not the right person to be President. His claim to fame, "I was against the war." Oh wait, I wasn't sure when I was supporting Kerry. I think Al Qaeda in Afghanastan was the real threat, why I did not hold any meetings while chairing that committee, well I have been too busy campaigning for President for the past two years. The most important thing for me, is to be President. I will change the way Washington works. Every committee will be in name only. I will eliminate the Sec. of State position and meet with all foreign leaders, friends and foes. We must show the world we are not all that.

March 2, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  13. Bobby

Has SNL just decided to endorse Clinton or what? That show hasn't been funny in 20 years and now I have even less reason to sit through it. Obama 08

March 2, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  14. California 4 Hillary

Hooray for Hillary!!! CNN won't you please post my comments??????

March 2, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  15. Grif

Keep Your chin up Girl

You're the Bright Light in the Distance.

A sign to every weary Traveller

Hillary’s Home, and a Warm Meal is Waiting.

March 2, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  16. simple thought ?

she who laughs last may have the last laugh.

March 2, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  17. Bulu, Lafayette, Indiana

My appeal to HRC is that whatever happens in Texas and Ohio,. she should not get out of the race now.

March 2, 2008 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  18. jujub

New in the Ticker

7 articles on Clinton
    2 articles on Obama

Confirmed: Clinton News Network!

GO OBAMA '08

March 2, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  19. Mad in Texas

Way to go Hillary. I enjoyed the show greatly. You were great. Also I certainly hope fellow Texans watched the George Steponoplis interview of the two Democrat Candidates Campaign Chairmen this morning. Obama's was asked to explain several questions to OBAMA's connection to the indicted ANTOIN (TONY) REZKO about his campaign contributions and his real estate dealings with the man that netted him a $300,000 savings on his home in Chicago. Before you vote for this scoundrel look deep into his background. Unless you want another Nixon White House do not vote for this man. HILLARY 08

March 2, 2008 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  20. Johan Bc Canada

I thought she was busy cleaning the Whitehouse for Obama.

March 2, 2008 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  21. Gil - California

You went on SNL, doesn't that make you missing in action too? Enjoy your last week in national politics.

March 2, 2008 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  22. Rosa

And this is what a future potential President should be doing? It is going to bring about the serious change our country needs? Come on people, get real!

March 2, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  23. vl

This was hilarious! I really think it showed the human side of Hillary, something the media and her rivals have tried to keep secret. To bad the media doesn't show the entire skit, it was actually pretty accurate regarding the bias of reporters and commentators.

March 2, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  24. SC

Yea, she also ask SNL to endorse her and they said no. Don't let Hillary fool you all. Like the 3am phone call if you notice the phone rung about 5 times with Obama ad he answers it right away.
    Now she is setting it up as man against woman. After that outburst showing all that angry, do we really want a woman who can not handle pms. Well I hope she is in a stable mood if she do have to answer that phone.

We need to vote in who we truly can beat McCain. Because I promise you this if it is between McCain vs Clinton, McCain will be president. Some might hate Obama but many love him and if we don't vote him in we will have McCain with ways worser than Bush. The race is about who we think can really beat McCain and Hillary don't stand a chance. Start thinking people...

March 2, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  25. Kevin

Must be another slow day for Hillary if the headlines are all entertainment endorsements. maybe she can get some advice about how to stay in character.

March 2, 2008 11:02 am at 11:02 am |