March 2nd, 2008

Live from New York, it's Hillary Clinton!

Hillary Clinton, right, and Saturday Night Live's Amy Poehler, clowned around during the opening skit.

(CNN) - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton met her match while appearing on NBC's "Saturday Night Live" to deliver the show's trademark opening line and provide an "editorial response" to a mock presidential debate.

During the opening sketch - which featured SNL actors playing Clinton, rival candidate Barack Obama and the debate moderators - Clinton complimented the performance of Amy Poehler, who regularly lampoons Clinton with her impersonation of the senator from New York.

"I simply adore Amy's impression of me," Clinton said, providing the cue for Poehler to enter the stage, wearing the same two-button brown jacket and sporting Clinton's medium-length, layered hairstyle.

Full story

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Mary

Why did it take SNL to show the media/CNN they were biased? How many polls does CNN need to do to try proving they aren't biased?
    Play back the lst 10 months of remarks by the Best Most Biased Political Team.

March 2, 2008 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  2. Robin Benson

I find it interesting that in the beginning of the campaign when Hillary Clinton was winning and often reported favorably by the media to be the presumptive nominee destines to inherit the White House royal throne, she had no problem with the media. But now that there’s a chance she may not be crowned, she starts crying and crying, and crying.
    Is this how she plans to go after John McCain? You’d think with all this experience she’s been touting throughout the campaign, she’d know better.

Hillary needs to make up her mind and realize she’s running for President of the United States and the media is nothing compared to what she’s going to have to face from nation, the world, and our enemies.

Robin Benson, Detroit, Michigan

March 2, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  3. SWING STATE FAMILY

I thought it was lame ... it may just be me but I think that ever since Hillary has been whining about not enough media attention the stations including CNN hussle to make sure that they show their 'affection' for Hillary.

You know, if Obama would not be nominated as a result of Billary's smear and fear campaign, the only enjoyment would be to see the Republican clean the floor with the wanna-be royal couple.

Our family would vote 'Republican' for the first time ever and I would contribute to McCain's campaign to defeat Billary ... obviously I would leave the Democratic party and become 'Independent'.

The amazing thing is that I am not alone with that sentiment here in Missouri. I talk to many neighboors and co-workers, many of them who support Barack Obama – and I have not found one person who would vote for Billary if she smears her way into the nomination ...

March 2, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  4. Closely Watching

Please Google 'Clinton IPA Campaign Contributions' and read the story about this...It is very important, especially if you are a woman supporting Clinton.

March 2, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  5. lzspc

I am so glad that SNL is showing to the world on how bias and unfair the media and debates have been against Hillary!! This show will go down in history as making real truth out of this whole presidential debate!!!

And i also think it is funny how the media will ask other media workers on how theey feel about American stating they are being bias!!!! Are you all for real??? Slowly but surely no one is going to evenr truely believe everything that is being said on CNN or any other news channel.......

I wonder how many threats SNL has received form Obama supporters since they threaten everyone else.......

Vote on experience not color!!!

HILLARY ALL THE WAY!!!

I LOVE SNL EVEN MORE NOW!

March 2, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  6. Kelli

Hey CNN – how come no comments for "Obama mocking Clinton?" Afraid to have some anti-Obummer comments?!??

CLINTON WILL PREVAIL!!

March 2, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  7. David

Awwww. this SNL segment was so cute. Hillary has a great sense of humor and she can even laugh at herself. Hillary '08

March 2, 2008 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  8. David

Sadly, Hillary does not know the difference between AWOL and Missing i Action. I am a Vet and I am here to tell you that there is a signifigant difference. Missing in Action usually means that you are either dead or captured in the LINE of DUTY. Do we want a commander in chief that does not even comprehend basic military language?

March 2, 2008 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  9. Cris in Texas

FUNNY

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

March 2, 2008 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  10. tc

STILL TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO KNOW YOU AT THIS STAGE OF THE GAME IS HORRIBLE! IF YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS HARD TO SHOW YOU ARE PERSONABLE, THEN MAYBE IT IS NOT TRUE!

March 2, 2008 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  11. Corey, Maryland

And she did a terrible job, because she has no sense of humor because she has no soul and no heart!!

Obama Richardson 08!!!

March 2, 2008 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  12. Mark

My fiancee and I were watching SNL last night. When she came on, and then when SNL continued to side with her, we stopped watching.

I watch SNL for objective political skits – not propaganda.

March 2, 2008 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  13. Jay

Excellent point -Sc and I need to watch her AD again to count those rings...lol The real funny part is that I am a Clinton supporter. Maybe I need to rethink that because I have a feeling Bush and Mccain is hoping Hillary win so they can. Very good point, oh well Obama will be on my mind, because I do not want Mccain in the whitehouse. I like Hillary but I don't think she could win against Mccain. I know many are picking her because of her speech about experience but we have to remember Bush claim he is well experience as well and we know how that worked out... your point is making me think about obama as my choice because I do not like mccain. sorry Hilary

March 2, 2008 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  14. junebug

Hillary you are the best...............at least you know how to have fun.

CNN you are a very good network.

Hillary .................................2008..........................................................

March 2, 2008 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  15. Bill Pa.

SNL was excellent.......................................

Hillary Clinton for President....................................08................................

March 2, 2008 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  16. molly

Hillarious! SNL is right on in noting the pandering of certain and several MSNBC "moderators" in the debates and on their shows. I know it will only make the likes of Olbermann even more angry and defensive but their shows should have Obama at the end saying "I'm Barack Obama and I approved this message".

And Senator Clinton is really very funny! Keep it coming.

March 2, 2008 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  17. Independent Voter in Texas

When her campaign is broke the Clintons strong arm the news media into giving you free press.

Now who should run the country. I candidate that doesn't have the vision to get her past Super Tuesday or a candidate in it for the long run.

Answer is clear don't you think.

March 2, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  18. Ladybug

SNL was a good outlet for my girl Hillary...................2008......2012........

March 2, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  19. Denise

Good for Hillary....I wonder how CNN and Fox News will find a way to spin this into a slam against Hillary....well let me rephrase...how will CNN and Fox News spin this to compliment Obama.?

March 2, 2008 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  20. Jeff Spangler, Arlington, VA

The side-by-side comparison of the two is insulting to Amy Poehler. And, yes, Hillary, you really _do_ laugh like that– a shrill and inauthentic cackle from a humorless drone.

March 2, 2008 11:27 am at 11:27 am |
  21. True Democrat

It's funny, the matching wardrobe shows less what a good impression Poehler does, and more what a slimy chameleon Clinton really is.

Don't fall for Clinton cramming the media with her image just before election day in the hopes of scraping an extra 5% off the top in Ohio!

Listen to your emotional and intellectual sides and don't succumb to fear and falsehoods... vote for real hope and change on Mar. 4!

OBAMA '08!!!

March 2, 2008 11:27 am at 11:27 am |
  22. Ginger

Hi,
    I loved it !!!! Senator Clinton was great !!!
    Ginger

March 2, 2008 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  23. Desiree

I thought it was funny and it showed a different side of Sen Clinton.

March 2, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  24. pops

BY THE WAY MRS. CLINTON WHERE ARE YOUR TAX PAPERS?

March 2, 2008 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  25. bruce patras new york ny

hillary is trying to play a sneaky
    end game here . she wants to cut obama's legs off so maclain can win . and in 4 yrs come back again to run .

her scorched earth tactics suck . she can only divide .

bring our boys home .