March 4th, 2008

Clinton vows to go 'all the way'

COLUMBUS, Ohio (CNN) – Sen. Hillary Clinton claimed victory in Ohio Tuesday night and vowed to take the win "all the way" to the Democratic nomination for president.

"For everyone here in Ohio and across America who was counted out but refused to be knocked out, for everyone who has stumbled but got back up, for everyone who works hard but never gives up, this one is for you," she said.

"You know what they say," she said. "As Ohio goes, so goes the nation. Well, this nation's coming back and so is this campaign."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Trina

WAY TO GO HILLARY!

WE WILL CONTINUE TO FIGHT ALL THE WAY TO THE WHITE HOUSE.......YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!

HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT

March 5, 2008 12:39 am at 12:39 am |
  2. M.L. Smith

I find it interesting that ex-president Clinton was not at his wife's side for her speech tonight and that the reporters have not made mention of this????

March 5, 2008 12:39 am at 12:39 am |
  3. Audacity of Hype

Obama is being discovered as what he is really about. The hype is over and is time for reality. The parrot to Hillary is running out of copy answers.

Hillary is the reality.

March 5, 2008 12:39 am at 12:39 am |
  4. ABC

I am so glad this Obamarama is over! People are finally coming to their senses and appreciating what a wonderful candidate we have in Hillary. She is the only one who can beat McCain in November.
    Yes, she will go ALL THE WAY!

We love you, Hillary. Go HIllary!

March 5, 2008 12:41 am at 12:41 am |
  5. Evan

Thanks Hillary. Wy do you hate America so much anyway?

Honestly, I think you want John McCain to win. You're ruining the Democratic Party. I hope the Dems throw you out of the party after all of this.

March 5, 2008 12:41 am at 12:41 am |
  6. Tyler in Raleigh

I guess Hillary "majored in miracles, not math". Well..... I guess when you are a HillBilly or a Huckabee from Arkansas (and supported no child left behind) you shouldn't be expected to know your ABCs and 123s.

Sorry HillBilly.... you guys had your 2 terms as co-presidents.

March 5, 2008 12:43 am at 12:43 am |
  7. Interesting

It is so interesting reading the comments. The Hillary supporters sounds exactly like her.
    Eventhough it is mathmatically impossible for her to overcome his lead with so little time remaining, by chance if she did win the nomination, I would vote for McCain rather than Hillary.

I think she is all about the power and not the people!

OBAMA 08

March 5, 2008 12:44 am at 12:44 am |
  8. frank

I don't think Hillary supporters are like kids! We are supporting Hillary because she's the most qualified candidate. She's a fighter and she will go all the way to the white house.

Hillary 08

March 5, 2008 12:45 am at 12:45 am |
  9. MarkZ_54

Ohio's feminist & racists blew it again yet they wonder why they're considered backwards, & why half their state is unemployed and employers are taking their jobs elsewhere..........because they're tired of hiring DUMB STUPID HICKS!

March 5, 2008 12:46 am at 12:46 am |
  10. Anonymous

Get real Hillary. Its not going to happen

March 5, 2008 12:47 am at 12:47 am |
  11. Ed

I just have this one thing to say: If al qaeda is ever in Iraq, we'll go into Iraq. But al qaeda wasn't in Iraq until Bush invaded Iraq. SO, if al qaeda ever leaves Iraq, we'll go into Iraq to remove them.

WHAT A MORON!!!!!!!! He'd be better to say...."if al qaeda ever attacks a US City, we'll send in our troops to clean it up".

Go Hill!

March 5, 2008 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  12. Kat

She may have won some tonite, but the tide is stil with Obama.....we don't need another Clinton in the White House........

March 5, 2008 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  13. Linda--Austin, Texas

Jeremiah you're right when you say: "Um, maybe OBAMA SHOULD DROP OUT? Let your analysts consider that."

I'm in awe of Hillary's outstanding work ethic...isn't it obvious that she will put that same determination, energy, and brains to work for America! She is so brave in the face of those TV pundits' taunts. They remind me of bullies in the schoolyard, afraid of the smart girl.

God bless Texas! SHE'S WON IT! SHE 'S WON ! SHE's WON!

March 5, 2008 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  14. a supporter

I strongly support you! Never give up. This is our Hillary!

March 5, 2008 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  15. Kat

I'm with the Jen that wrote Go Barack Obama....Great minds think alike....if Hilary does go all the way I think it won't be long until everyone is sorry that she did......

March 5, 2008 12:51 am at 12:51 am |
  16. Jot

I would like to know how congressman Lewuis thinks right now who changed from Clinton to Obama?

March 5, 2008 12:51 am at 12:51 am |
  17. Uma

Canadians, like myself, know that Hillary is the only candidate who can restore the positive reputation of America in the world. She has our respect.

March 5, 2008 12:53 am at 12:53 am |
  18. Marie

Congratulations H ilary, You deserve so much to be the next Fresident of theUSA The American people, at last will have a President that they can be proud.
    I have been following your campaign from Canada. I am from England and I have never witnessed such Shameless Biased Broadcasting from a TV as I have seen from CNN, they have tried so hard to brain wash The American people, thank God the American people are not so Gullable.
    The CNN anchors look as though they are in mourning tonight. Well done Hilary , we look forward to you going from strenght to strenght.

March 5, 2008 12:56 am at 12:56 am |
  19. Ed K.

Looks like Obama's next batch of Kool-Aid should be much stronger.

GO HILLARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 5, 2008 12:56 am at 12:56 am |
  20. James

Go HILLARY! GO ALL THE WAY!
    AMERICA NEEDS YOU AND WANTS YOU.
    HILLARY....ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

March 5, 2008 12:57 am at 12:57 am |
  21. Christian

OOuuch Gloria !!! I know that hurt to profess SENATOR Clinton as a winner !!!

March 5, 2008 12:58 am at 12:58 am |
  22. JC

All Hillary is doing is breaking apart the dems. Most Obama supporters I know will clearly back McCain over Hillary any day. Also, she didn't gain a significant number of delegates. I guess Hillary thinks "If I can't have it, no one can". Keep it up, and McCain will be loving it all the way the 1600 Penn.

March 5, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  23. Serge from Miami

Hillary supporters, please do the math and start looking at the fact that Hillary won't get enough votes to win the nomination. In the end this will drag through the DNC and Obama will be chosen. Get ready to back us up, because we won't have much time after that impending superdelegate fiasco to rally behind our Democratic candidate.

March 5, 2008 12:59 am at 12:59 am |
  24. lou

That a way Hillary. Your negative ,fear ads worked. And now you will split the party in 2 with your poison and give more ammo to the Republicans,. you and your husband show again that you are all that matters . The fools in Ohio that refused to acknowledge your support of Nafta,I hope your happy. You Gained NO delegates tonight. So big deal... Obama 08

March 5, 2008 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  25. TEXAS REPUBLICAN

I HAD TO VOTE DEMOCRATE TONIGHT I FEEL SOOO DIRTY- THANKS AMERICAN OBAMA IDODITS

I am sick of OBAMA CLAIMING the Republican VOTE..EXERY REPUBLICAN I KNOW IN TEXAS VOTED FOR HILLARY

I am a capitalist and hate socialism...but I can't watch that Obama with his empty poetic speeches win...my goodness people you don't vote for a person on that.... you have to vote for substance.....

Hillary is the only democrat I ever voted for...

REGARDS,