March 6th, 2008

Limbaugh: So-called 'Dream Ticket' doesn't have a prayer

Limbaugh said a ticket with Obama and Clinton doesn't have a prayer.
Limbaugh said a ticket with Obama and Clinton doesn't have a prayer.

(CNN) - Many Democrats have called the prospect of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama teaming up for the general election a "dream ticket."

But conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh said Wednesday a presidential ticket that included a "woman and a black" doesn't "have a prayer."

"Let's say it is Obama and Hillary...Let's put Hillary at the top - That's a position she's familiar with," Limbaugh said on his radio show Thursday. "Therefore, you've got a woman and a black for the first time ever on the Democrat ticket. Ahem. They don't have a prayer."

Donna Brazile, Al Gores former presidential campaign manager, called the comments "un-American."

"I'm an American. And I'm proud to be an American," Brazile said on CNN's The Situation Room Wednesday. "But I think that comment is, as far as I can tell, a very un-American conversation, because African-Americans and women fight for this country. We have died for this country."

“To suggest, somehow or another, that we are not capable of serving this country in the capacity of Commander-in-Chief is just, in my mind, mind-boggling," she continued. "So, with all due respect to Mr. Limbaugh, just wait. Let the people decide. And I guarantee you, the people will make a better decision than Rush Limbaugh."

Limbaugh's comments came hours after Hillary Clinton said the Democratic presidential race could result in a joint ticket.

“That may be where this is headed,” she told CBS Wednesday morning. “But of course we have to decide who is on the top of ticket. I think the people of Ohio very clearly said that it should be me."

Obama later called any speculation of teaming up with Clinton "premature."

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

1. Deb

For the record, I can't stomach Hillary Clinton either. But do I care what this pompous, obnoxious gas bag has to say about the Democratic ticket or anything else for that matter? Um... no!

March 6, 2008 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  2. Pepou

Seriously. Obama will pick a VP who is young, energetic, honest and full of integrity. This disqualifies Hillary C.

March 6, 2008 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  3. K

Why are we even giving this racist loser a platform to shout from, come on CNN your better than that.

March 6, 2008 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  4. William Blanks

With regards to the twenty-first century, it is appalling to hear that Rush Limbaugh and others like him believe that Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama doesn't have a prayer. I can attest that Rush Limbaugh does not speak for me or anyone for that matter. I am indeed praying for both candidates, because I think and feel they have what it takes to lead this country as Commander-in-Chief. I concur with Donna Brazille. Mr. Limbaughs comments are un-American! When are we as AMERICANS going to look past titles and labels?

March 6, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  5. Tired of This

Don't do it Barack!!!!!!!!!Hillary chose to incite racism, fear and a dirty smear campaign. She doesn't deseve your support. Lucky for us, she CANT win without your support. Sorry Hill, you blew it!

March 6, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  6. Saba

Why all the attention to a windbag that does not matter anymore? Is CNN looking to replace Glenn Beck?

March 6, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  7. Mike

Hillary blew it???? Whatever....She would never be on a ticket with Obama, particularly as his vice-president. She's far too intelligent for that. That cry-baby Obama needs to throw in his campaign shoes. He doesn't have the guts or intelligence to lead this country.

March 6, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  8. dave meccariello

"a black" huh... A black... racism and sexism... so thats what the republican party is really about huh? repulsive

March 6, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  9. Reality check #1

Most Americans do not pay any attention to Rush, except for a good laugh. He needs to take his meds. Vote Hillary because it's the right thing to do and listen to Rush only if you have a gun stuck to your head.

March 6, 2008 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  10. David Laranjeira

Rush Limbaugh would be better served working for Joseph Goebbels than for the Republican party. This kind of backwards racist posturing is typical of the kind of system that will dissappear once Barack Obama or even Hillary Clinton is elected. I understand why Rush Limbaugh is so eager to rush us off into more wars considering he never had to fight in one. He got to stay home and chill while other men died. Why doesnt this spineless coward just retire from showbusiness, maybe he could build a time machine and go back to Berlin, 1936 where he belongs. They would hire him on the spot.

March 6, 2008 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  11. golddan

I love it. Rush again proofs that he is a racist and to top it off, he is one of the most listened to and agreed with personsonalties of the republican party.

March 6, 2008 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  12. Sean

People in this country stopped listening to Rush and his pompous "conservative" lingo a long time ago. Face the facts Rush, we just do not care what you think!

March 6, 2008 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |