March 8th, 2008

Clinton, Obama square off in Wyoming caucuses

Obama is looking to regain momentum after tough losses earlier this week.
Obama is looking to regain momentum after tough losses earlier this week.

(CNN) – Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were in Wyoming Friday, wrangling last-minute votes before Saturday's caucuses.

Clinton, speaking at a town rally at Laramie County Community College in Cheyenne, criticized Obama's campaign speeches - and said the country doesn't have any time to waste.

"What you heard from me in this campaign is very specific. I know that there's a difference between speeches and solutions, and I want you to know what I will do if given the great honor of serving you as your president, because I want you to hold me accountable," she said. "I don't want there to be any mistakes here. I don't want there to be any false impressions. I don't think we have any time to waste."

Obama, speaking at a town hall meeting in Casper, criticized Clinton's 2002 vote on Iraq. Video Watch him speak at the Casper rally »

"I will bring this war to an end in 2009, so don't be confused ... when Sen. Clinton is not willing to acknowledge that she voted for war," he said. "I don't want to play politics on this issue, because she doesn't have standing to question my position on this issue."

Wyoming is not typically a stop for Democrats looking for delegates in order to clinch the nomination, but because of the delegate deadlock this year, the numbers could make a difference.

Full story

1. Boubacar Barry

Don't worry Barack you will win big tonight and Tuesday. I am very confident things will get better, but dot not leave your original message which is "HOPE and CHNAGE".......because just remember Hill still don't have a message....
    Stick to your plans

March 8, 2008 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  2. Ngechop joel,CAMEROON

i think this election has become so nasty and i think just as obama said the world is watching and is taking note of the character of each candidate.unfortunately the republicans are in this race.i don't really think what the republicans have to offer this year really interest anyone around the world,except countries profiting from the fundings for the war in Irak.In my intire life i have never since a specker and a man of character like your next president Mr Obama.i think if he is loved around the world it is not because he is black.it is bcause of the message he send and what he stands for.
    Sen.clinton says he has only one speck he made,what has she other than parasiting from past glories.
    i don't think Obama whats to help America be like what it was in the clinton years.Better,i think he is doing the undone,he is taking the step other american presidents have failed to take.He is will to make step toward bring peace for the world and Irak.
    It's ashame, America sent the first man to the moon but can't send a first man on earth to negociate peace with other world rulers.
    i think it's time Americans ralise most of the nations on earth are here to stay and that peace in the middle east,africa,south america,europe and asia also means peace for america...

March 8, 2008 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  3. vanchava

Obama will easily win this one and Mississippi.

March 8, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  4. YES WE CAN

Thank You Barack OBAMA.

The cynics will not succeed.

The truth will prevail.

And the United Stated of America will be back again to the lead the World with Truth, Honor and Integrity.

GOD Bless The United Stated of America

March 8, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  5. Jack from WV

Since the beginning of this campaign Obama has tried to take the high road, while Hillary has done what the Clinton’s have been known for, doing what’s necessary to get the votes and winning at all costs. Now with the race in a dead heat, Obama must stoop to Hillary’s level and bring to light some of those things Hillary wants to keep quiet. While I admire his high road tactics it will not win him the election so in order for him to gain his momentum back he must go on the attack and trust me there’s enough information out there on Hillary he shouldn’t have to dig very deep.
    In question right now is Hillary’s tax returns, not providing them for the public scrutiny is not a crime, however it does make you wonder what it is she is trying to hide. Knowing how the Clinton’s work I am certain that they have some very well educated tax lawyers checking these documents over and deleting items which do not look favorable for Hillary. It’s not a crime in America to make money, and it takes money to make money so I am sure Hillary has earned an abundance of money, otherwise she wouldn’t be running for President.
    With all the number crunchers doing the math they have all come to terms that no matter how many primaries either of these two win they will not have enough delegates to secure the nomination. Knowing this it just might come down to June and the super delegates. If this happens I believe Bill will contact the super delegates if he hasn’t done so already to ensure a vote for Hillary. If this does happen everyone will know just how the Clinton’s really are and the democrats will pay the price come November. No one thought it would be such a close race especially Hillary.
    I am not for either of these two but I have been watching this race from the beginning and to tell you the truth not Hillary, Obama or McCain has what I believe it takes to get America back on track.

March 8, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  6. Tim Rivers

Amazing! Simply amazing Hillary wants us to hold her accountable? Well then, release, without further delay, your 2000-2006 income tax records for public scrutiny. Release the list of donors to Bill Clinton's Presidential library so we can see if there may be any red flags there and, while we're on the subject of accountability, how about releasing your White House calendars for when you were First Lady so we can see exactly what your "35 years of experience" is comprised of (other than tea parties and speeches that have no meaning because, as you've said, the don't put food on the table).

We've been trying to "hold you accountable" but you don't want to be held accountable. If you truly did, those documents woul have been released already.

March 8, 2008 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  7. Liv Manto

Obama cant even control his TOP FOREIGN POLICY Adviser on spouting vile words when she herself is downright ugly.

If Obama cant control his staff, do you really think he can control the whole country? It takes experience to be a good manager. Everyone knows that. This guy is so smug and arrogant that he's basically saying he will not share power with anyone.

Also, the comments about Hillary are downright mean and nasty. Where is the humanity among the young generation, have they lost enough contact with human beings and have relied on computer war games and internet chat to feel enough sympathy for any person?
    All those talk about records and secrecy. Let me tell you something young folks, someday you would have to deal with making mature decisions too. All those talk about transparency does not work, just look at you right now. If you ever see documents on Rezko's dealing with Obama right now, do you think you would still be with Obama? Of course not, because most of you are idealist fools. Between Hillary putting food on my table and Hillary being ousted for keeping secrets, Id rather have her keep her secrets and put my food on my table. Thats all there is young folks. Stop spending time on the internet, get real human contact.

March 8, 2008 11:15 am at 11:15 am |
  8. Mary

Obama is so misleading. Hillary has said she voted for the war. HE has yet to say that he wasn't in congress. Hard to say you wouldn't vote for something you ween't able to vote in. Of course, I think Obama's advisors are taking hits for their disclosures to other countries. He is just doing what he has done all along. He says one thing to one time and another when he thinks it will get him a vote.
    The only transparency about him is that he lies.

March 8, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |